Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Hate DLR crowds...go to SFMM NOW!!!

Ok I k.now I am a CM at Disneyland and just a tad biased, but we went to MM two weeks ago and the place was very dirty. Also I wll say there are probably more custodial CM's at Disneyland then there are employees at MM, don't tell me it's not cleaner than MM...Sorry justone mans opinion, But the roller coasters at MM do rock!!!

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    While I agree that Rollercoasters and Disney are 2 separate things... I get the feeling that people are only trolling this because they do not like thrill rides, rollercoasters, or anything that moves faster than Space Mountain!

Six Flags has some great coasters and while it is obviously not Disney quality, for thrill ride lovers and coaster nuts like myself it offers a lot of fun coasters... And we go for the coasters and thrill rides mostly... We dont expect Disney quality since its not Disney... But the whole idea of it not being crowded and riding the coasters as much as possible... Makes me jealous that I dont live in California anymore... Someone at work told me about weekdays during that time and they were able to ride Tatsu as many times as possible, Same with Scream, Viper, Goliath, and Riddler.... Six flags is awesome in its own right... Makes me wish I had the money for West Coast Bash... but I kinda spent out on Micechat's 5th anniversary this year getting my AP for the other Disney trips.

Anyhow, I get the feeling a lot of people are just hating on Sic Flags to hate on it... I know its always had this reputation and all but from what I have heard its been cleaned up a bit... Although again, what do you expect... its a coaster park, not a Disney quality place, but a place that offers lots of thrilling coasters and many different types... But then again, I am not going to go in there expecting Disney show and quality at Six Flags... its like comparing Apples and Oranges.

On a side note... even when we all finish those Haunt mazes at the Micechat Haunt meet this year, I would hope that Clinksalot or Fishbulb could lead the Micechatters in a late night coaster run again Hopefully they have Xcelerator up and running this time... Since we did Sidewinder and Silver Bullet this last year... Sadly Ghostrider is a no go because even on slow nights it has such a long line

im ready to try six flags baby! i like disneyland too but occusionaly im gonna be worn out of disneyland and thats where other parks come in for me to experience.well the crowds at disneyland has sort of hit a nerve on me lol.
    Last edited by Rex Dopey24; 04-06-2010 at 10:44 PM.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I agree the crowds went I went was very sketchy. On the contrary, I did not notice any more rude people than I would see at DL, but the appearance of some of the park goers was just scary.
    I agree, some people at MM look a lil off. If anything I've ran into more snooty and rude people at Disney though. Its just easier to notice sketchy people I guess at a park with MM repution.

I can say at DL I've had two incidents where people that I had sat next two were on drugs and asking crazy things, even asking if the birds in the Tiki Room were real. Drunks, druggies are pretty much everywhere, even Disney. I think both parks do real good to keep incidents low. I even heard security at the metal detectors ask some men to pull up their pants because MM is a family park.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    if I can get in free I will try it, but I would not pay to go just to see if it has changed.
    The great thing about that is, you don't have to! Read the thread from WCB. Hundreds of people having a GREAT time because SFMM is actually a MUCH better park than it was 6+ years ago.

Some people out there just seem totally unwilling to accept that the park has made a huge turnaround in the past few years. Okay, maybe you had a bad experience 6+ years ago and didn't want to go back. Fine. Trust me, EVERYONE, myself included, who have posted in this thread, and who were at WCB, also had those kinds of experiences 6+ years ago. As Gregg said, the park was indeed crap. It is crap no longer. You can read about the turnaround, and see pictures of it on this board and other boards. I can't tell you how many letters the park has received from guests, the majority coming from moms & dads, proclaiming how much the park has improved, how much fun their family had, and how they look forward to coming back quite often because of the awesome value the season passes are over other parks in SoCal.

So for all of you who are still a bit tenative about going yourself, you don't have to pay to see *if* the park has changed. What you'd be paying for is to experience the great turnaround yourself.

...and all the awesome stuff SFMM has to offer.
    Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 04-07-2010 at 06:20 PM.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Functional & Decorative

^Well said, well said. Not that it'll make much difference around here... people who want to dislike SFMM will cite any little thing they can as evidence, yet will turn a blind eye to many of Disney's just as glaring faults. It's like running uphill on a treadmill sometimes.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Rides against injustice

I basically grew up going to Magic Mountain because A) It was closer to home and B)cheaper than DL. I LOVED Magic Mountain as a teenager because of the rides and the fun atmosphere. I even worked there my first year of college. We stopped going around 2002 because it just wasnt a good place to be anymore. Flash forward to 2009 and the place is like the Magic Mountain I remember from my teen years. The difference really is jarring. As Clinks said earlier, management cares enough about the park to go around and actually mingle with guests, pick up trash and work towards bringing the park back to its former glory.
    Does it have its flaws? Yes, it does. But Magic Mountain has come a long way from those dark days of being run by Premier Parks. I highly recommend you give it another shot if you havent gone recently.
    Oh and as the OP said, after spring break ends this is definetly the best time of year to go. When I worked there during this time of year, there were days when I would walk from Guest Relations (where i worked) all the way to Bugs Bunny World and not run into one guest the whole way.
    Last edited by Zorro825; 04-08-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Well, not to start a counter-argument but I went last year during this "golden period" of the year in May and I had more complaints then compliments:

1) Their tram system is horrible. They're cheap, they barely come around, they smell, are dirty and really, I find them pointless since the park is RIGHT THERE. They're only truly needed when you have to park way out in the dirt which is only in the summer.

2) Their food was absolutely disgusting and so is the service providing it. We ate at their Johnny Rockets, which is the most absolute non-Johnny Rockets that I've ever been to and everyone didn't finish their food and became sick right after wards. Not to mention we were already pissed with the girl who served us who had an attitude with every guest for no reason. There was even a bug in my Sprite, but I won't complain about that too much since that can happen anywhere... right... RIGHT? Why is it they're promoting Papa Johns and Johnny Rockets when they're not even actually selling their food? I don't know how this works but it's absolutely crazy to me. And if it is their food, they're preparing it all wrong. The Johnny Rockets at Knotts was pretty legit to me! Oh, and how could I forget? It is beyond the most expensive theme park food ever costing more than 15 dollars just for some chicken strips. I've never been more cheated in my life for food at a theme park. Go to Disneyland, Knotts (although they're gettin' kinda steep these days too) and especially Universal and you'll get wonderful food deals. Never paying for food anywhere in that park again.

3) On the ride Viper, somebody's restraints got stuck close every time a train returned to the station in a different car. Unfortunately, it happened to me when I rode

4) Every ride appeared to be falling apart, especially the Jet Stream. The water was filling up the boat. And walking on the outside, the tubes had giant holes in them leaking down onto the pathways. Maybe even Splash Mountain has this problem but it's out of public eye. To be able to see this as clear as day for everyone to see is almost frightening to know the ride looks like it'll just break at any moment. Now I know Colossus is old but the ride was chipping wood in every direction as the train was riding passed each part. Literally, wood chipping directly into the air at passengers on the train. Like the wheels were the grinder. I thought the ride was going to break! Plus, every ride was leaking oil all the way down each pole. This isn't something I see even at Knotts. That is definitely a sign of poor upkeep and maintenance.

5) There were no shows of any quality to watch. They had a CSI show and some BMX show. Neither of those sound at all appealing. What happened to Batman, that was a show I used to love to see every Six Flags visit.

6) Most rides were only running one train. Granted, it was the off season but this made those rides with a very long wait time. I waited for Batman for about 45 minutes, same with Riddler's Revenge, Deja Vu (well, not much you can do about that one) & Collosus even though looking at the line, it looked relatively short and close to the station. Even X2 was only using one train and the line was way by the bridge like it usually was. I don't even wanna think about how long those poor souls all waited. Other than that, every ride was pretty much a walk on, even Terminator, since they were using more than one train.

However, the new Terminator ride was absolutely amazing and I rode it 3 times. The ride opened that week. It was perfect. At the time, I told myself I wasn't going to go back to Six Flags for a few years until they fixed all the problems that were apparent this last trip I went but I decided against it and will be going again this May to see if things have changed at all, even though I doubt it. I decided just to stay clear of the rides I complained about and ride the newer ones and of course Goldrusher since it's a classic.

In comparison to Disneyland, which I go to sometimes more than twice a month, it's really a no brainer which one is miles above in every single way imaginable in ride quality, upkeep and maintenance; employees from ride operators, to cashiers and custodial duties; and overall entertainment and value. Sure, Six Flags may be cheap but if I were a normal guest at Disneyland, I'd gladly pay that 90 dollar admission over the 30 dollar discounted price for Six Flags.

Knotts, to me, just doesn't have enough to offer for me to even wanna go there other than Halloween Haunt. And I go to Universal Studios all the time simply because I'm an aspiring filmmaker, which, if you ask me is the theme park to watch out for. Universal is doing such great things that really do compare to Disneyland in every way and with the soon expansion, Universal could really be a massive force to reckon with. They have amazing food prices (FREE popcorn all day with a cheap one time price comes to mind immediately), great employees, wonderful upkeep of their rides and quality shows plus the park is amazingly clean. When HHN rolls around, the park is at it's shining moment and there's no place more magical - in the Halloween sense. Universal has everything Disneyland to offer and maybe even more, just on a smaller scale but a massively better outside shopping/eating area (City Walk > DtD).

Anywho, back on topic, I posted a trip report on Six Flags from last year at Mouseinfo and I'll give you guys a link to it to get a bit more in depth to what I was mentioning before.

SFMM Trip Report (5/28/09) - MouseInfo.com

Anywho, enjoy.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 04-09-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Removed link to non partner site per board policy

• When Will It Return?

I'd say you have some valid points, but you also have some rather strange critiques of the park.

You frequently call Superman a "worthless ride" and "pointless." You do realize that Superman was a first of its kind, and paved the way for the rocket coasters such as Xcelerator, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka and others that came after it, right?

You also make frequent references to rides that are "going to break." All rides & attractions are inspected on a daily basis, and are not permitted to open if they fail inspection. Now granted, some of the rides are old, but there's no reason to actually fear for your safety on any of the rides. However, if you do feel like you see something that could be a problem, the best way to handle it is to leave a note at Guest Relations. These noted ARE read, and ARE taken very seriously.

Same goes with the food. Like any restaurant, if you aren't satisfied with your meal, notify the supervisor/manager. If you still aren't satisfied, again, leave a note at Guest Relations. This is the best way that SFMM can correct errors, further improve, and be a better park for your next visit.

Ninja just received a major refurb that included a complete repainting. I'm not sure what you were referring to when you said that "it seemed like it was going to break the entire way" but I'll guess that you were simply hearing the usual creaks and squeaks of the typical suspended coaster train on a suspended coaster.

You're being a little unfair by saying that there aren't any good food deals at Six Flags. Off the top of my head I can point out family meal deals in both pizza and chicken strips where an entire family can be fed for a very affordable price, which can be discounted further via a coupon in the season pass coupon book. It may not be unlimited food all day like Universal would offer, but it's also not charging the price for unlimited food all day that Universal would ask for.

Finally, to compare SFMM to Disneyland or Universal is not fair to either park. Yes both parks are competing for the family dollar, but Disney has a style, and Six Flags has a style. If you're looking for theming at Six Flags, for the most part you're looking in the wrong place. Universal, being a working movie studio, would obviously appeal more to the aspiring filmmaker than Six Flags would. That much should be obvious. Six Flags is not a movie park, nor does it try to be. Six Flags also does not have the resources of multi-billion dollar global corporations behind it like a Disney or a Universal does.

All that said, your rave reviews of Terminator Salvation: The Ride are quite telling because attractions like that one is Six Flags' future. Well-done theming combined with a thrilling attraction that the entire family can ride. That's what they're gravitating towards, in addition to the latest & greatest that an Intamin, B&M, Zamperla, S&S, or the like has thought up. Plus SFMM has spent millions on asthetic improvements all over the park including repaints of Goliath & Batman, as well as numerous storefronts all over the park.

I'm betting that this May, you'll have many more compliments and many less complaints than you had last May. It's all part of the continued turn-around that SFMM has made.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Well, for Superman by worthless and pointless, I mean I get absolutely no entertainment value from it. Great achievement for once being the world's tallest and fastest ride but to me it amounts to nothing if it doesn't do anything remotely creative with those feats. Like if there was a ride that simply was an observation deck that trumped Superman double over in height, in no regard would I consider it the must do attraction on entertainment value in the park. Sure, I'd do it once just to have an opinion on it and if it's cool then great, if not then oh well. I know Superman has it's fans but I need a little bit more in a ride to enjoy it.

As for the chicken and pizza deal, I actually considered getting it but between me and my friends, I remember going "no, it's too expensive." I don't remember the exact price but I remember going by restaurant to restaurant and thinking "holy crap this place is abnormally expensive." And I also don't like complaining about food or the servers, as I wouldn't want them to get in trouble or anything if they were just having that one bad day. As for the food, it's already too late and I ate it and I was no longer hungry. To get money back or a coupon for something else is just not what I want to be redeemed. I'm a honest customer, I paid for what I paid for whether I like it or not.

All your other points are fair but in no way would I ask every theme park to cater to the aspiring filmmakers of the world. I just believe Universal, obviously, has my acquired tastes as I know there are people who understandably hate the place and I don't blame them because it's not their thing. However, if anyone were to hate Disneyland, that is truly something I can not wrap my head around.

But yeah, I'm going again in May to see how it goes and I do believe in progress. I remain hopeful and no matter what at any occasion, I remain optimistic (until afterward, then I start to show how I really feel about things). Six Flags is definitely going in the right direction but some things need some extra refurb or to be rebuilt completely (I'm mostly talking about Colossus and Jet Stream).

Since the link to the other site won't work, here is my full trip report. Anyone could skip over it or read it if they want, I admit it's not a literary masterpiece:

"Got to the park at 11ish and it closed at 6. Did the buy one get one free with the Coke can. Really good deal, 30 bucks each. Cool weather in the morning but by the time we got on the first ride, it started heating up.

Rides we skipped: Roaring Rapids (I didn't feel like drowning my legs), Log Jammer (I didn't feel like drowning, period), Goliath (eh), X2 (awesome ride, just not worth waiting 90 - 120 minutes for), Revolution (I'm pretty sure it was closed) and Superman (pointless ride).

X2 was too long of a wait, skipped that without even thinking.
    Walked over to Viper. 0 wait. People on the ride before us restraints got stuck in our row. Restraints got stuck for me too when I got back row (this would be the first of 4 times the restraints got stuck). Cool ride, not as bumpy as it used to be when I was littler. [10 minutes of standing around, worth a 25 minute wait at the most] 7/10

Walked over to Tatsu. Another long wait, skipped it and walked over to Deja Vu. Line takes freakin forever. Seating arrangements is confusing. Actual ride is pure chaos and there is no way to tell what the hell is going on while your head is rocking all over the place. Then the sun is staring pure into your eyes at that second lift hill. That made the ride horrible for me right there and for me, the least fun ride at Six Flags. (Boomerang at Knotts, at least you have some idea of what's going on and has more of a fun factor this way.) [40 minute wait, worth a 10 minute wait at the most] 4/10

Walked over to Terminator. I was prepared to wait for this ride since it was the newest ride there. Maybe a 20 minute wait the first time we went through. The queue is in sections and you stop and go at a lot of random spots but it kept it moving at a very good steady pace (but we didn't have much of a line, so I can't say much for if it gets super crowded). And why is there lame soft music playing on the screens? Show some movie clips or something, those TVs should be used for a better purpose! Movie trailers, even the Looney Tunes cartoons were cool, something; anything other than that! Better yet, just stick to the Terminator theme! The show rooms were really cool but the theming for the ride still doesn't make 100% sense to me but at least everything has theme and it's very awesome to look at and to be in that environment for the whole experience. It definitely gets you pumped for the ride. I was uber excited before getting on but what really got me going was seeing how fast the ride was actually going, especially when it zips over head THROUGH the station. And the ride might seem a bit daunting at first, it's brand new and you can smell the wood as if it was fresh and none of the ride is at all painted. You can see all the markings on them still. Kinda creepy when it bends too but this is nowhere near as bad as any of the other wooden coasters I've been on (see Colossus later). The ride starts and the soundtrack booms (maybe too loud) and you're off into a war zone that is like nothing else you will ever ride. The ride is fast, adrenaline pumped and intense the whole way through. There is no time to catch your breath. I've never been so exhilerated before on a roller coaster (and this wasn't a first time experience thing, see the other 2 ridings we did later). Six Flags really did a fantastic job on this ride and I can't applaud them enough for intergrating theming and music into the ride in an almost non existent themed park. This is by far, hands down, the best ride Magic Mountain has to offer. [20 minute wait, worth a 50 minute wait at the most for the back] 10/10

We were all hyped up pretty good after that. We decided immediately that we had to get on that one at least one more time before the park closed. Next, we poorly decided to go on Jet Stream. The boats looked like they were nearly flying off the track at the drop. This ride is falling apart; we looked up at the tubing later in the day, it is ROTTING away and holes from the ride are causing dripping. This is one of the rides that I am positive, WILL BREAK some day while people are on it. It needs to be fixed with new tubing, IMMEDIATELY. Six Flags main problem with water rides is their is TOO much water in them that it messes up the integrity of the ride (anyone who has been on Roaring Rapids knows the water fills up to your knees and on Log Jammer, the log is sinking into the water, actually SPILLING IN). This ride is no exception. I went on the ride not too long ago but don't remember it being too bad but the bottom of the boat was filled with water. You COULD just put your feet up but this means nothing once the boat goes either up or down and it shifts the water to either end. You're screwed. And why the hell is a free flowing stream of water, making the boat BUMPY? As for the ride itself, it's very mediocre. There are two drops, one of them being very small. Overall, the ride was fun but not for the actual ride but for the memories I'll have on it now, which gives it an extra point in it's rating. [10 minute wait, worth a 5 minute wait at the most] 5/10

Had to do something dope after that, so you know what that means? GOLD RUSHER. This little ride is awesome and it never gets old to me for some reason. It even has some scare factor in it as well (might fall out, or get hit by a tree, depends). Zipping through the trees and having some great scenery makes this ride fun. Also really cool in the front! And it's amazing how well the ride holds up for being the park's first rollercoaster. [0 minute wait, worth a 15 minute wait at the most] 7.5/10

Walked right over to Riddler's Revenge and pretty much got into the station. There were 2 cars running but it was taking forever. This used to be my all time favorite roller coaster (but then Terminator came along and X was pretty close) but it is still an awesome ride. The stand up factor really makes it special. Only thing I disagree with is by the end of the ride, all the blood is rushed towards your calves and feels really weird but we can forgive and forget that. Still a VERY smooth ride but this is a must ride at night (which we didn't get the option of since it was closing at 6). The theme really only works in the dark with the music playing and the lasers shooting across the ceiling along with the neon lights on the side of the building. What this ride needs is also some music on the ride and it would be way better then it already is. [10 minute wait, worth a 40 minute wait at the most] 9/10

Walked over to Batman but the line was a little long for only having one car running so we decided to come back later so we walked over to Johnny Rockets. Lemme emphasize this greatly. THIS IS NOT A REAL JOHNNY ROCKETS. In the same fashion that the Papa Johns pizza in the park is definitely not Papa Johns (it actually tastes better to me). And I'm almost positive, even though I have not tried it, that the Coldstone is not real Coldstone ice cream either. The food is nowhere near the quality of how good it should be. One of the biggest problems with Six Flags for me, is it's food. It costs WAY too much and it is such piss poor quality. My onion rings didn't even really have onion in it, it was way beyond dried out. The chicken was good at first but then it got extremly dry and the fries were damn near tasteless. I really wanted to wait until we left the park before we ate but I for some reason believed that this was an actual Johnny Rockets and took a chance but I was proven wrong. The burgers, although looked delicious, apparently were not good at all. Even the service was bad. It made me long wish that I was at Disneyland at that time. People complain so much about the price of stuff at Disneyland all the time, but apparently they've never been to freakin Six Flags. I vow to never eat anywhere in the park ever again unless it's that pizza from Gotham City (since it's not TOO expensive or TOO bad in quality). 15 dollars on dry onion rings, tasteless fries, Coke that seemed half carbonated (or even a Sprite with a bug floating around in it) and Chicken that got dry near the middle of eating it..... just wow. EPIC FAIL.

At this point, the group was pretty much sick from the food but I was ready to get on another ride so we (slowly) walked over to Colossus. Half sat out but I felt fine to get on a ride without throwing up, plus Colossus doesn't even have monstrous drops that make your stomach turn. This ride is fun and all but seriously, I am positive this ride is going to break. It needs new wood, badly. It is chipping and rotting everywhere. It actually wasn't as bumpy as it was about 3 years ago when I last went but I am not going to go on this ride again until it is rebuilt or something. I am convinced it is going to fall apart and soon. Or at least somewhere on that ride, a piece of wood is just going to break off. But it was scary, so it was fun for that. [20 minute wait, worth a 20 minute wait at the most] 7/10

Then we ventured over to SCREAM! I love this ride and it's always amazed me how there is never a line for it, even on crowded days (well, from what I've experienced.) Even when the line is stretched out the queue area, it's about 15 minutes the most. So we walked on the ride and it was a blast. The loading area where the floor drops away still amazes me. With some adequete theming, this ride could be a classic. The part where you're going up and then twist out of nowhere will always be the most amazing part of the ride. [0 minute wait, worth a 30 minute wait at the most] 8.5/10

Walked back and skipped Goliath (that ride is just boring to me so no point) and went back over to Batman. The line was in the tunnel and was moving smoothly so we waited for it. Batman has some cool theming but not nearly enough. That soundtrack needs to blast louder and a pre-show area would be nice as to what exactly the coaster is there for. Incorporate the Batmobile in there somewhere. For now, it will do though but maybe for the 20th annivesary, maybe update some of the theming? I wouldn't suggest updating it to the newer films, I like the more classic feel of the older films present during the ride. There just needs to be more around there to make it a much cooler experience. As for the ride itself, c'mon, play that soundtrack on the ride!!! It would make it so much more amazing. It goes quick and intense, but it is over so quickly that it's dissapointing. A little ride through the bat cave before ascending up would be AMAZING, or maybe even add a tunnel on the way up so there is a little more to the ride before it just ends so abruptly. Adding those changes, this could be the best ride there. Cool ride though but it's time takes it down half a point. [15 minute wait, worth a 25 minute wait at the most] 8/10

After that, we went up Samarai Summit. Something really needs to be done to get up there much easier. The only easy access on the way up is on the other side of the park but if you're on the Movie District and Psyclone Bay side, you're pretty much screwed and you have to walk up it. Now it's not the worst thing in the world but it takes away some of the enjoyment out of the day and plus the overbearing heat just makes it worse. We completely skipped the worthless Superman and headed to Ninja. This ride is enjoyable but it's not up to par with the other rides. It's nowhere near as exciting as everything else but if you wanna just float along, it's cool. The ending will forever aggravate me. At least at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean there is something to look at while you're going up. Oh, and may I add that this ride needs some major refurb. It seemed like it was going to break the entire way. [0 minute wait, worth a 15 minute wait] 6.5/10

While looking over at Tatsu, I noticed there was NO line. This couldn't be right... but we climbed all the way down and there it was with a non existant line! We jumped on and got back row since it was the shortest wait. I never went on this ride so I was super excited. Just watching it and even thinking about it now got me butterflies in the stomach. I was in amazement at how this ride works and it looks like it just effortlessly happens. Also super cool that it locks your legs in. Even the loading situation is quick for such a ride, which is funny compared to how long Riddler's Revenge takes. The ride begins and it was just a complete blast. Flying over everything is such an experience that this ride is a must. It even had a good amount of ride time. One thing that was NOT necessary was that extremly large loop that makes you feel like your entire body is being crushed in. Not cool. It makes me like the ride a lot less just for that one part, it is NOT a good feeling AT ALL. The rest of the ride is brilliant and I would say maybe the 2nd or 3rd best ride in the park, tied with Riddler's Revenge. What was totally NOT cool also was while waiting for the station to load the next car, you are literally just hanging around for almost 3 minutes. Perhaps a longer station that'll enable to lower you back down while you wait? [10 minute wait, worth a 50 minute wait] 9/10 {9.5 if we forget about that weird loop}

We decided to skip going on X2 for the last ride and opted for Terminator again since it was so amazing and just to make sure we weren't crazy for thinking it was so cool the first time. But it was confirmed, even on multiple rides, Terminator still whoops everything in the park. I actually just read that this ride only goes 50 mph... that HAS to be wrong. I felt like we were going at LEAST 70. We were whipping around every corner and flying pass bridges, loading stations, tunnels and big explosions of flame at such great speeds. On this particular time, we rode in the front. I would have to say it's the best experience for the ride because you get to see what's coming first and it feels more visceral, although I would say maybe the 3rd or 4th row would get the best sound synchronization to the soundtrack. "THE MACHINES ARE COMING!!!" *explosion, machine gun bullets fire" I'll never get over how amazing that ride was. [10 minute wait, worth a 60 minute wait at the most for the front] 10/10

And just when we thought our day was over, we jumped back on that ride with 0 wait one more time, baby! This time we did the middle and this ride, no matter where you sit is just too cool for school. We even went on with some guy who has been on it 45 times... lemme note to you that at this time, May 28th, this ride has only been officially open for what, 5 - 7 days?! That dude was super cool and he seems to enjoy this ride STILL. Super lucky. Perfect way to end the day with a double on Terminator.

But to me, Six Flags just isn't the best destination for an amusement park. I started missing Disneyland severly at some points. The food experience here will always rub me the wrong way.
    I eat a meal every time I'm at Disneyland and I go very frequently (been about 8 times since March) and it has always been good service, quality of food and decent enough price. Plus there is friendly staff everywhere, even from the restraunts, to the carts, to the ride operators. I don't know who does the hiring at Six Flags, but there needs to be a major overhaul. The ride operators were fine, although unenthusiastic, but still adequete but it seems everywhere else, they were just droning around. Compared to other theme parks, Disneyland is probably the cheapest so I am confused when people complain about the prices there. And Six Flags, 15 dollar parking, REALLY? The season pass, I'm sure, has some great benefits, but I can only be thrilled by moving fast and being flipped around so many times. Detail and theming is what it's all about for me. I'll visit next year at around the same time to go on whatever new is coming. I'll forever not go back to Fright Fest unless I'm promised something amazing has been changed (lines and crowds are HELL). And the one thing I can not get over is the Flash Pass. Disneyland does this for free (although it can be used every 2 hours), but 33 dollars to go to the front of the line? With the Coke can discount, that's more then the price of a ticket! And bring back the Batman show!!!!! CSI Live.... are you KIDDING? But with all these things in mind, I can only recommend going to other people maybe once every other year or so. And stay open until dark, dang it! I'm sure there's kids who'd love to run over to the park once they get out of school to ride some rides before bedtime! But I'll go back next year at the same time because with no crowds & no lines, it's the only way to experience Six Flags and have a great amount of fun.

[Didn't proof read any of this, sorry if it's messed up at all!]"

• Disney friends are #1

Thanks again to all who contributed regarding my original post. Glad to see so many of you taking the time to write out such long and read-worthy posts. While I now consider myself in the "Friends of SFMM" catagory, I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Non-friends of SFMM" posts as well. Hope to see some of you at a MC Meet one of these days where we can actually speak to one another as "Friends of theme parks" in general and compare good experiences. This was an enjoyable tread to read and I thank everyone who contributed!
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 04-10-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Public discussion of rep.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Thanks again to all who contributed regarding my original post. Glad to see so many of you taking the time to write out such long and read-worthy posts. While I now consider myself in the "Friends of SFMM" catagory, I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Non-friends of SFMM" posts as well. I have sent a "reputation point" to everyone who posted as a token of my appreciation for taking your time to comment. Hope to see some of you at a MC Meet one of these days where we can actually speak to one another as "Friends of theme parks" in general and compare good experiences. This was an enjoyable tread to read and I thank everyone who contributed!
    What about discussing reputation points with other members?Please refrain from discussing the giving or receiving of Reputation on the boards. If you have any problems with your reputation level dropping below 0, then private message a moderator or administrator (or use the ‘Contact Us’ page). While the discussion of the reputation system is not prohibited, we would prefer that you contact a moderator or administrator regarding your questions rather than starting a new discussion on the boards.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Six Flags is definitely going in the right direction but some things need some extra refurb or to be rebuilt completely (I'm mostly talking about Colossus and Jet Stream).
    Well, the left side of Colossus has gotten lots of new track, it's real smooth up to a point. I'm sure it will get some TLC soon. Maybe even a Paint Job. Neil (Park Manager) at WBC said that it's in the works. As for Ninja, it just came back up from a complete computer replacement. I don't know if they did any other work on it. As for Jet Stream, I know there's plans to re-do it. It's all about those available funds, and what's best for the park. It's fairly common for those older flumes to leak. I just wished that the boats still raced down the drop. I can dream...

I think if it went any faster down the drop, the boat would flip, lol. Seriously, watching those boats tip all the way back on those drops while in line is frightening to think you might be the one it actually flies off the track with.

• Functional & Decorative

dth316, your post is a little rambling and hard to read, but at least you took a lot of time to write it and gave a lot of detail. A few points:

There is a easier way up to Samurai Summit. It's called the Orient Express, a funicular that starts near the carousel at the bottom of hill.

And there is an observation deck that is nearly as tall than Superman. The Skytower not only has great views, but now hosts a museum of park archives.

I had done their Haunt Event about 5-ish years ago when the event was free, and was really disappointed by the long, unruly lines, and the gang-banger types there were loud, obnoxious, and constantly cutting in line. However, I did go last year, and was pleasantly surprised. The mazes are now an upcharge (I think about $5 or $15 for the evening), which seemed to cut down on lines quite a bit--I guess gangbangers can't afford or don't want to pay that--and the lines were well supervised, security was everywhere. The maze quality was good, not great (they don't really change them much over the years), but it's a good deal for the money if you're a season passholder.

I also disagree on your opinions of some of the rides... I personally think Riddler's Revenge is a big yawnfest, and that the large pretzel loop on Tatsu is the best part by far. But hey, that's why they're called opinions.

I do agree the food could be better. I've found the better food (although certainly not great food, by any means), is at Food Etc., near Goliath. I actually find their chicken strips pretty good, but not much else. You can also go outside the park, there's a lot of food options nearby, which is what I typically do.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• The Prince

I'm going this Friday although the park closes at 7 PM it should be a nice day and shouldn't be too busy. Anyone has gone recently?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast