Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Hate DLR crowds...go to SFMM NOW!!!

I haven't been to Six Flags Magic Mountain in over 10 years, but the last time I was there I had a great time. We flew over from AZ and rode every coaster in the park at the time. Of course there are many new coasters open since my last visit, and I'd love to go back. I enjoy roller coasters, but don't get the opportunity to get up to Valencia very often. I don't compare it with Disneyland at all, they are completely different experiences. I view it the same way I watch movies. I love all types of films, but I view each film type for what it is, I'm not trying to compare one film with another from a different genre.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwalker View Post
    I'm going this Friday although the park closes at 7 PM it should be a nice day and shouldn't be too busy. Anyone has gone recently?
    Should be even slower this week. I went last Friday when they were open to 8. Most rides were walk on. Ninja was closed as was DejaVu.

Walked onto Terminator two times from 730-8pm.

• The Prince

Thanks for the heads up TacAlert. I guess it will be slow since they're closing early but it should be a nice cool weather this week. I'm looking forward for the thrills!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Yes, sorry for the rambling. I wrote that trip report in about 20 minutes without reading through what I just wrote.

Anywho, what I meant by getting up Samurai Summit is the fact that if you're on the Movie District side, it's a problem. Sure, if I were on the Baja Ridge side, this would be a no-brainer but in no way would I go all the way around to Baja Ridge just to go on the Express. That's the point I was trying to get across, not sure if I made that distinction in there. And besides, it was closed that day, haha.

And by what I meant about the Observation Deck, I meant if it were the highest one in the world, in the way that Superman was the highest ride at one point. Not necessarily doing a side by side comparison, but using an Observation Deck (a boring "ride" compared to any other ride) as the example to show how much I care for Superman's relevance on it's accomplishments.

Thanks for reading!

• Disney friends are #1

If only Superman could go a bit faster and get closer to the top of the track. From ground level, it has always seemed that the coaster cars only climb about half way up. With such a long excelleration level to work with, maybe they could update it with stronger excelleration motors so we could finally get right up there where Superman is. As it is, it seems like the tower is unnecessarily tall compared to how high your car actually travels. When I see specs regarding this ride it always lists how tall the tower is but never how high YOU get to go on it. Plus, you are already about 30 feet above ground when you start your climb. I think it is false advertising to tease us with with glorious height numbers when we, as riders, never "climb" the bottom 30' or the top 50'. Combined, that's a lot of unused thrill. What I would really like to know is, how far of a climb is it from the flat accelleration portion level to the highest point the car reaches. I'm guessing that only about 50% of the tower gets used. IMHO.

That sounds about accurate, haha. Even the people who get on the ride and throw something up at Superman never hit him!

• Disneyland History Lover

We're going tomorrow. We went last May (two years prior to my previous and first visit). I was fairly dismayed by the quality of the park as I saw it... gum everywhere, light bulbs that needed changing, and yes, rowdy people here in there. It was also Memorial Day weekend... so the more people you have in a place the more unpleasant ones you're bound to run into. I even wrote a thread about the whole experience. I was also really disheartened that many of the effects in the queues were not kept up wih or working. My boyfriend was with me and old me about how the Riddler's Revenge queue used to be like a dance club with flashing lights and projecions. Heck, even the projector units were bouncing back and forth but there was nothing projecting!! I couldn't recall being as unpleased with the park as on my first visit, in which I didn't really take issue with any of those things. Of course, I'd only been to the DLR just once at that point. So when I got in line for our first ride last year, I suddenly "missed" DL.

I think the difference between both lines of my thinking were that I'd gotten so used to going to DL in the multiple vists leading up to my second MM visit. I got used to the fact that DL was DL and has different strategies of upkeep and probably aims for a different audience in general. I'd never known MM had been worse before my first two visits in terms of the issues they were having. I have read a lot of what people are saying... that it's continually improving on most all fronts. There's no doubting how fun the rides are, so that's a great thing. I for one am ready to give the park another chance tomorrow and see if I have an overall better experience this time on those fronts. I'll be sure to report back after my visit.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria
    I was also really disheartened that many of the effects in the queues were not kept up wih or working. My boyfriend was with me and old me about how the Riddler's Revenge queue used to be like a dance club with flashing lights and projecions. Heck, even the projector units were bouncing back and forth but there was nothing projecting!!
    Last I knew, the Riddler's queue lights/projectors have been fixed.

Over the past year or so, the park has spent millions on asthetic upgrades to numerous storefronts, attractions, queues & midways. Hopefully at least some of these catch your eye on your next visit.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Last I knew, the Riddler's queue lights/projectors have been fixed.

Over the past year or so, the park has spent millions on asthetic upgrades to numerous storefronts, attractions, queues & midways. Hopefully at least some of these catch your eye on your next visit.
    Don't go pulling my chain now! That is (or was) my favorite spot in all of MM back when that room actually "worked." Every time I go in now, it's just a sad reminder of what it used to be. I always figured it was just because it was day time and those effects only work at night.

• Circle of Ancients

The riddlers station lights, lasers/music have actually been fixed.

In fact, one of the requests for ERT at West Coast Bash was that they turn them off.

Why on earth would anyone want those lights turned off?

I'm going on Monday! WOO HOO!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want those lights turned off?
    Because they are annoying.

I don't like the "rave/party/club scene" and even I think it's awesome. But oh well, not every1 is the same!

• When Will It Return?

Also keep in mind that the ride was built very shortly after the release of "Batman Forever" whose co-villian along with Two-Face was The Riddler, played by Jim Carrey. In that movie, the Riddler's lair had question marks flying all over the place much like the Riddler's Revenge queue house does.

That's not by accident.

According to the ride's story (yes, there actually is a story to this ride), we have all been lured into the Riddler's lair, brought under his mental control, and by the time we're in loading, we are in his lair waiting to board his maniacal machine of doom, a B&M Standup - the means by which the Riddler will exert his "Revenge."

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast