Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Disneyland History Lover

Re: Hate DLR crowds...go to SFMM NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Also keep in mind that the ride was built very shortly after the release of "Batman Forever" whose co-villian along with Two-Face was The Riddler, played by Jim Carrey. In that movie, the Riddler's lair had question marks flying all over the place much like the Riddler's Revenge queue house does.

That's not by accident.

According to the ride's story (yes, there actually is a story to this ride), we have all been lured into the Riddler's lair, brought under his mental control, and by the time we're in loading, we are in his lair waiting to board his maniacal machine of doom, a B&M Standup - the means by which the Riddler will exert his "Revenge."
    So much for him being put in Arhkam Asylum as a looney at the end of the film... he must have been faking it the whole time until he could escape! I think it's actually cool how we have these continuations of stories, even if their not really canon, in the park. And if you look at the series of attraction posters near Viper, the Riddler is also now bald.

I was a bit down to see the lights and projectors were not working yesterday. Perhaps they just hadn't turned them on because it was day time? That's an effect I was really looking forward to seeing.

There was a ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas called The Joker's Revenge at one point. They closed it down for a couple years after finally demolishing it about a decade ago as I remember. It was a fairly fun ride.

I do wonder if the Six Flags parks will all start rolling out or retheming Batman rides based on the current movies. I know there's a Dark Knight ride at one of the theme parks, but that's just one park. I also got to see the Batman Begins show at MM back in 2007. It was a good and entertaining show but the Batmobile was not working so Batman was on his motorcycle the whole time. I would think they'd try and capitalize a bit more like they did with Terminator Salvation, but perhaps that's due to budget or licensing reasons.
    Last edited by Princess Victoria; 04-17-2010 at 08:30 AM.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I think the Batman ride should stay themed to Tim Burton's Batman as it has a more classic feel and it's located within Tim Burton's Gotham City. If they were to change it to the Christopher Nolan's vision, they'd not only have to change the queue but also all of Gotham City to actually look more metropolitan (which is my only disliking of the new series) and I think that look at the back of SFMM is the best theme they got and they should keep it that way.
    However, Riddler's Revenge could change once he is incorporated into the new series with a new queue and such. Isn't it funny the ride is in "The Movie District" when it's the only thing based on a movie there and there's no more Batman stunt shows? I'd also like to see more Batman villains utilized, like that spinning ride could easily just be renamed to "Scarecrow's Haunting" or something. And to see a Mr. Freeze walking down the streets of Gotham would get me so excited.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I think the Batman ride should stay themed to Tim Burton's Batman as it has a more classic feel and it's located within Tim Burton's Gotham City. If they were to change it to the Christopher Nolan's vision, they'd not only have to change the queue but also all of Gotham City to actually look more metropolitan (which is my only disliking of the new series) and I think that look at the back of SFMM is the best theme they got and they should keep it that way.
    However, Riddler's Revenge could change once he is incorporated into the new series with a new queue and such. Isn't it funny the ride is in "The Movie District" when it's the only thing based on a movie there and there's no more Batman stunt shows? I'd also like to see more Batman villains utilized, like that spinning ride could easily just be renamed to "Scarecrow's Haunting" or something. And to see a Mr. Freeze walking down the streets of Gotham would get me so excited.
    Now that you mention it, Burton's Gotham City does serve as a better setting in a theme park. It's a bit more fantasy, which is fun. I like the newer films better, but they're much more grounded in reality. Six Flags Over Texas has an entire land called Gotham City, which is really well-done.

As a big Batman fan, I'd also love to see more walk-around characters from either the older Batman films or the comics such as the Riddler, the Penguin, and Mr. Freeze. I remember when Six Flags Over Texas had their Batman Returns stunt show they had a walk-around Penguin and Catwoman (along with Batman and the Joker) from the show, which of course were based on the films. Good times!

It is true that they could utilize the Gotham theme at MM a bit more. They already have two major rides based on Batman. Those other little rides in that area could in fact be switched over in theme and MM could have its own Gotham City. I know I'd dig that.

And if my memory serves me correct, the facades in Gotham City are actual sets from the film Batman. Anyone want to clarify this? If so, I think it makes it that much more cool.

Anyone... anyone? Beuller... Beuller?

• Functional & Decorative

I don't know... I've never heard that one before. It'd surprise me a bit, since I thought many of those facades existed before the Gotham City make-over, back in the "Electric Rainbow"/"Himalaya"/"El Bumpo"/"Tumble Drum" days. But I could be wrong.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Disney friends are #1

I can find nothing that mentions that any of the Six Flags parks have any of the original movie facades. If a park did actually have a piece of an actual movie set or facade, I am sure that it would be mentioned somewhere. Maybe even bragged about. I checked each Six Flags park online and floated this in many SF chat rooms and came up with nothing conclusive. I think it is a testament to the designers that the theming was done well enough that some portions could be mistaken for the real deal. But, I have not been able to confirm the answer to your question. I'm curious as well, as a "yes" confirmation would be pretty cool.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Those facades were there when the area was known as "Back Street", too. So no, they're not from the Batman movies at all.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345