Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Disney friends are #1

Talking Hate DLR crowds...go to SFMM NOW!!!

Annually, Six Flags Magic Mountain begins their 7-day a week schedule beginning with the Spring Break period (a.k.a. NOW!) and will continue to do so through the Summer. While most other "Weekend Operating Parks" will again close during weekdays after Spring Break has ended, Magic Mountain does not! I highly recommend that you go now before the schools get out for the Summer. This period is used as a "shake down" period for the new summer employees and maintenance crews are increased to handle the now-daily operation of the rides. It's also the perfect time to go before the oppressive heat of Summer becomes unbearable. During this "off-season" period, the park is a virtual ghost town on weekdays (Mon.-Fri.) as Magic Mountain does not advertise that it is now open daily. Most guests, conditioned by it's usual "weekends only" operating schedule think that the park has reverted back to it's usual "weekends only" mode. They couldn't be more incorrect! The park is open from 10:30-6:00 Mondays through Fridays (after Spring Break has ended) but you will absolutely get your money's worth! Especially if you show up with a Burger King $27.50 coupon available at all of the local restaurants! That's half-price! Add to that, the Season Passes start at $54.99! All of the rides are walk-ons and more often than not, you are allowed to ride as many times as your stomach can handle without having to exit. If they do ask you to exit due to someone waiting in the queue for your particular seat, you may just move to another seat on the same train. Coaster junkies, this is your time to shine. It all comes to a crowded halt when Memorial Day Weekend arrives. From then on, the park will remain crowded throughout the Summer. How often does this scenario happen at Disneyland...there are times where a coaster train will remain in the station waiting for the MINIMUM number of riders to arrive! Last year I sat in the station for Goliath almost 10 minutes because 2 more riders (for a total of 8) were needed before the train could be dispatched! I bought my SFMM Season Pass with just this period in mind. Check the operating schedule on their website. You should have about 6 weeks of weekday desolation after Spring Break in the park before the crowds decend again beginning Memorial Day Weekend and they won't let up until late August. The weekends are still busy during this "off-season" period but weekdays are the BEST!!! As a self admitted "coaster junkie", I consider this the best time of the year to get my "fix". While I will still visit Disneyland many times this Summer, I am looking to escape the crowds of DL by going, instead, to SFMM and get my adrenaline rush before being forced to wait an hour or more in the sun just for a ride on "Viper". During the upcoming few weeks, I will be able to ride it a dozen times during that same hour. Not that my stomach could handle that...but I can dream.
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 04-05-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added info

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Hate DLR crowds...go to SFMM NOW!!!

No thanks.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Please don't advertise for park in the Disneyland forum. Bad show, really bad show.

• Circle of Ancients

Actually, the OP is right. This is the PERFECT time to go to SFMM. During the week it is DEAD. I usually try to make at least 1 or 2 mid-week trips up there this time of year to get some riding in or just walk around the nice, clean park. (yes, I said it).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Please don't advertise for park in the Disneyland forum. Bad show, really bad show.
    yes please that would be nice

Magic Mountain has no magic for me...Disneyland is the place to be!
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Not Here / Not Now

I recently went last week, it was the most crowded day I've ever been in.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Exclamation Re: Hate DLR crowds...go to SFMM NOW!!!

Yes, please, if you are so inclined, go to Magic Mountain as often as you like from now through the beginning of summer. All of you big roller-coaster nuts, go get those big thrills! It will be a lot more fun there than it normally is, without having to wait in line for 1.5+ hours for any ride not made specifically to accommodate small children. Heck. If you want, go there during summer, too.

Spoiler
    Also, that way, those of us who just prefer the quality and family-friendly experience of the DLR can go over the next few months and not have to deal with so much crowding!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Circle of Ancients

Those of you who are bashing SFMM ... can I ask when was the last time you were at the park?

A113, of course last week was packed, it was still spring break. But from now until the end of May is the PERFECT time to go to SFMM during the week.

• aka the scorpion eater!

While I agree that Rollercoasters and Disney are 2 separate things... I get the feeling that people are only trolling this because they do not like thrill rides, rollercoasters, or anything that moves faster than Space Mountain!

Six Flags has some great coasters and while it is obviously not Disney quality, for thrill ride lovers and coaster nuts like myself it offers a lot of fun coasters... And we go for the coasters and thrill rides mostly... We dont expect Disney quality since its not Disney... But the whole idea of it not being crowded and riding the coasters as much as possible... Makes me jealous that I dont live in California anymore... Someone at work told me about weekdays during that time and they were able to ride Tatsu as many times as possible, Same with Scream, Viper, Goliath, and Riddler.... Six flags is awesome in its own right... Makes me wish I had the money for West Coast Bash... but I kinda spent out on Micechat's 5th anniversary this year getting my AP for the other Disney trips.

Anyhow, I get the feeling a lot of people are just hating on Sic Flags to hate on it... I know its always had this reputation and all but from what I have heard its been cleaned up a bit... Although again, what do you expect... its a coaster park, not a Disney quality place, but a place that offers lots of thrilling coasters and many different types... But then again, I am not going to go in there expecting Disney show and quality at Six Flags... its like comparing Apples and Oranges.

On a side note... even when we all finish those Haunt mazes at the Micechat Haunt meet this year, I would hope that Clinksalot or Fishbulb could lead the Micechatters in a late night coaster run again Hopefully they have Xcelerator up and running this time... Since we did Sidewinder and Silver Bullet this last year... Sadly Ghostrider is a no go because even on slow nights it has such a long line
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

...Must...go...on...Terminator...again....*twitche s*

• Circle of Ancients

Good points Tamasurvivor, and yes, I think a LOT of people think that everything HAS to be Disney and if it's not, it automatically get's dismissed.

Not everything HAS to be Disney, not everything is TRYING to be Disney. IMO, the only park chain that is attempting to set itself up as a direct competitor to Disney is Unviversal and MAYBE Busch.

Six Flags is a great park for Thrill Seekers and families looking to have a fun day without breaking the bank.

• Hello Dolly.

^I agree.
    Most of the bashing is mostly from people who attended years ago when the park was pretty bad.
    But today its a much nicer park and the managment really is trying to make the park better for all ages. But I do admit the advertisement post is a bit wierd, but nice to know. Thanks!
    Wished I lived closer I'd take advantage if Magic Mountain's emptiness.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Well, it's true...I 'could' go to SFMM to avoid the DL crowds.

But when I got there...I'd be at SFMM.

Honestly, I'd rather stay home. I'm sure it has a lot to offer some people and I'm not 'bashing' it per se, but it's not my thing. We gave it the benefit of the doubt last year, went during the spring, even got the annual passes. We never went back. I'd rather have a pleasant atmosphere and fellow guests who don't seem to have just stepped off the prison bus.

• Disney friends are #1

Sis Flags Magic Mountain offers a completely different experience than does Disneyland. While I understand some people being more devoted to one park over the other, I feel that SFMM has made GREAT strides in winning back my patronage. My original post was made because SFMM still has the problem of their queue's being entirely too exposed to the direct sunlight of Summer. With 100 degree plus heat during the Summer being something that I just can't handle, I wanted to let people know that, if you are a coaster junkie, the option of going on these admittedly adrenaline pumping rides WITHOUT the crowds or heat makes the park all the more fun and exciting. I did not intend to advertise for the park but to merely announce to fellow coaster and thrill seekers that a great, mostly unpublicized, opportunity is opening up now as it is currently the "calm before the storm" when it comes to crowds and Summer temps. To indicate that prices are very reasonable with tickets and passes a mere fraction of what Disney charges is not to advertise but to let others know what SFMM is quietly offering. SFMM is not advertising that they are remaining open 7-days a week so this is the time to take advantage of the lack of publicity. Disney offers things that SFMM does not, and vice versa. I personally love it ALL and refuse to pit one against the other. Disneyland is not the WalMart of theme parks offering everything to everybody, nor is it trying! It offers a specific, upscale, premium priced, experience that's immersive, nostalgic, and cult like in it's attention to detail and friendliness. SFMM on the other hand offers a thrill packed, few frills, adrenaline pumping, reasonably priced, now clean, and enjoyable park that will knock your socks off in a way that a parade just can't. It is truely an apples vs. oranges thing. I like apples AND oranges...and if I have to go to separate places to find them, so be it. I am just fortunate that I am within driving distance of both places. My first love will always be Disneyland but it has become so crowded that I long for the freshness of a park that is not packed to the gills 7-days a week! I long for the occasional thrill ride as well. I even purchased my Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass just so I could stop by and ride Ghost Rider a couple of times before continuing my journey to DL. Variety is the spice of life and I like variety.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast