Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Going to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time next week

Next week is my spring break and i'll be going to Six Flags for the first time ever!

Anyone would like to share some tips?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Going to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time next week

Depends on what kinds of rides you are planning on riding. Do you plan on doing everything including X2?

If so, I would go to X2 as soon as you get to the park. Also, the park shouldn't be too busy if you are going during the week as most spring breaks have already happened. So you shouldn't need to worry about Flash Pass.

If you don't want to do X2 then I would head straight for Tatsu and go around the park like this:

X2, Tatsu, Deja Vu, Terminator, Riddlers Revenge, Gold Rusher, Batman, Colossus/Scream (they are right next to each other), Goliath then go up and do Revolution then take the Orient Express up to the top of the mountain and do the sky tower and Superman. Ninja will most likely still be closed due to it's new computer system installation, but if it's open, it's a MUST ride.

They also have a good rapids ride and 2 good flume rides if you enjoy those.

The park is a perfect loop so you shouldn't have too hard of a time getting around.

Have fun.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Next week is my spring break and i'll be going to Six Flags for the first time ever!

Anyone would like to share some tips?
    Try the roller coasters.

It's a bit hilly in areas. Wear reasonable walking shoes, but take them off for water rides, as they are quite drenchy.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Depends on what kinds of rides you are planning on riding. Do you plan on doing everything including X2?

If so, I would go to X2 as soon as you get to the park. Also, the park shouldn't be too busy if you are going during the week as most spring breaks have already happened. So you shouldn't need to worry about Flash Pass.

If you don't want to do X2 then I would head straight for Tatsu and go around the park like this:

X2, Tatsu, Deja Vu, Terminator, Riddlers Revenge, Gold Rusher, Batman, Colossus/Scream (they are right next to each other), Goliath then go up and do Revolution then take the Orient Express up to the top of the mountain and do the sky tower and Superman. Ninja will most likely still be closed due to it's new computer system installation, but if it's open, it's a MUST ride.

They also have a good rapids ride and 2 good flume rides if you enjoy those.

The park is a perfect loop so you shouldn't have too hard of a time getting around.

Have fun.
    Thanks! Yeah, were planning on doing as much as we can so we should be able to do everything before the park closes.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Functional & Decorative

Get to the park early. If it opens at 10:30, try to arrive at 10. It's quite a hike from the parking lot to the main gate, and there's the security to go through as well. Between all that, it takes a good 15-20 minutes from car to front gate.

Agreed with doing X2 right away. The line starts immediately, and never gets shorter throughout the day--it'll stay long right up to park closing. Same with Tatsu, but generally the loading goes a bit quicker. Generally.

Occasionally, X2's opening is delayed, because it takes quite a bit of time to warm up. Then I'd do Tatsu and go right back to X2, and wait it out.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

^ Agreed.

I'd try and pull into the parking lot no later than 9:45am in order to have time to get to the gates, go through security and get in line. If you haven't bought your tickets before you get to the park, make that 9:30am.

• Hello Dolly.

Dont forget that all rides are open till park closing, too.
    So if you want to get in a line in the last minute, you can save a major ride for then. We always get into X2 or Tatsu line in the last few minutes so it doesnt take up our time when the park is open. Thats is you you have the energy to stay up late though, and the lines will still be pretty long.

And like others said, do major rides early as most of the time the less popular rides(Batman, Riddler, Scream, Colossus, Viper,ect..) are usually almost empty when it gets dark.
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 04-05-2010 at 12:23 PM.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    It's a bit hilly in areas.
    It's not called Six Flags Magic Flatplace!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Tip: Leave the Indy hat at home. You don't want to lose that sucker.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Tip: Leave the Indy hat at home. You don't want to lose that sucker.
    Thanks! I don't plan on bringing my hat to SFMM anyway. I have a cap somewhere that I hope I find before my trip.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• ...is busy, please hold.

-wear a jock-cup when riding Revolution.
    -Prepare to have your heart in your throat when entering Tatsu's loop.
    -Have life insurance verified before boarding Colossus.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    -wear a jock-cup when riding Revolution.
    -Prepare to have your heart in your throat when entering Tatsu's loop.
    -Have life insurance verified before boarding Colossus.
    seriously! but that loop is AWESOME!! one of the craziest feelings i've experienced on a ride.

to add, IF you plan to take a camera that may not fit in your pocket, take several $1 bills. they will ask you to use a locker at the entrance of the ride. last year i went with my sister and she had a small purse, they would not let her pass with out spending the $1 on the locker. i believe the lockers are for X2, Goliath, Terminator, Tatsu, Riddler's, aaanndd that's all i remember.

a few of the rides can be quite rough if you're not used to big coasters, but they're exhilarating!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    seriously! but that loop is AWESOME!! one of the craziest feelings i've experienced on a ride.

to add, IF you plan to take a camera that may not fit in your pocket, take several $1 bills. they will ask you to use a locker at the entrance of the ride. last year i went with my sister and she had a small purse, they would not let her pass with out spending the $1 on the locker. i believe the lockers are for X2, Goliath, Terminator, Tatsu, Riddler's, aaanndd that's all i remember.

a few of the rides can be quite rough if you're not used to big coasters, but they're exhilarating!
    Batman and Scream have lockers as well. Viper does as well but they may or may not enforce the locker policy there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Do NOT skip Terminator Salvation: The Ride! It's one of the funnest coasters I've ever been on! And if Ninja is open (didn't know it was closed, but glad to hear it's getting some love)- you HAVE to go on it! Those two are my absolute favorites and I can't go to the park without going on them.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Do NOT skip Terminator Salvation: The Ride! It's one of the funnest coasters I've ever been on! And if Ninja is open (didn't know it was closed, but glad to hear it's getting some love)- you HAVE to go on it! Those two are my absolute favorites and I can't go to the park without going on them.
    Agreed on Terminator. I rode it around 10 times one day and would've gone more but I couldn't take the pre shows any longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast