Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Functional & Decorative

Re: I Believe In Magic Mountain

I do have to agree that in terms of management public relations, Magic Mountain is doing a much better job. I see management walking the park, often carrying janitorial equipment if necessary, and frequently saying hello to park guest, and tend to be very receptive to spontaneous guest questions and feedback. By contrast, when I see Disney management in the park, they always seem to be in a hurry, and act like the average park guest doesn't exist, or is only in their way. I've never had one say hello to me spontaneously.

That said, if you approach them, they will be very cordial and polite. But sometimes it's nice to be friendly without being asked first, especially when you supposedly have the reputation of some of the best customer service in the theme park world. The rank and file employer is doing a much better job at that than the management, and Six Flags is starting to do it better all around.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time.

Personally, I've always enjoyed myself at SFMM since I went there beginning 10+ years ago (yup, roller coaster junkie since I was 9...and still going strong! ).

Recently though, I've noticed a HUGE uptick in customer service and cleanliness. When I went there last time (Termination Day, hosted by the guys over at Theme Park Review), I really didn't have anything bad to say about the park (except for the heat, ha) and fully enjoyed myself. Here's to hoping that the park only improves from now on.

Now if they'd only let me snag the Percy's Railway credit...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I wouldn't call DL's CS poor and to make 1 CM available to 1,000 people at a time is unreasonable. I wouldn't count a friendly greeting as CS either, I wouldn't want to be told "hello" to every 30 seconds anyway when they're just passing by, picking up a turkey leg wrapper.
    I agree with you. Sometimes too many employees at any business keep saying hello to you or "can I help you" and it starts to get annoying. SFMM is getting better, I just find every employee telling me to "have a 6 flags day" a little annoying. True customer service is recognizing if someone is having a bad time and stepping up to see if you can correct it.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    I agree with you. Sometimes too many employees at any business keep saying hello to you or "can I help you" and it starts to get annoying. SFMM is getting better, I just find every employee telling me to "have a 6 flags day" a little annoying. True customer service is recognizing if someone is having a bad time and stepping up to see if you can correct it.
    Well, it depends. I'm in customer service myself and I've found that generally people appreciate a courtesy check-up to see that everything is going well. Granted, you have to do this in the appropriate doses. But I think it's better to feel that a group of people are looking out for you rather ignoring you entirely. It's all about the balance, but that's hard to do in a public setting where there are numerous employees. At least you know they care enough to check up on you.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Agreed. It's a bit like at a restaurant where the servers keep asking you if you're all right. One part of me wants to say "YES, EVERYTHING'S $%#@ING ALL RIGHT, LEAVE ME ALONE" but the other part of me is thankful that they took the time to do that in the first place.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

This is great to hear. Victoria, which day did you visit? I haven't found any of those short to nonexistent lines for coasters there in many years . It must have been a weekday?

It's true, on my last visit to SFMM I did notice an improvement in cleanliness and overall aesthetics. Scarily, I found many, many signs of neglect at Knott's last week and thought to myself OMG - SFMM is actually in better shape than Knott's right now.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Just Engaged!

We went last year for the first time in 12 years. Noticed it needed a lot of repairs. Everywhere. Still enjoyed the day. Other than the long waits for rides and the fact that to get a "fastpass" you pay.

We went last weekend after getting some free tickets and also noticed the new signs about their cleanliness. After getting out of the car I had an empty starbucks cup to throw away, which I carried all the way to the park entrance from our parking spot near Scream as every single trash can along the route was heaping full. Overflowing. The park had been open less than one hour. Once inside we noticed several suspicious folks that we were unsure how they passed through the metal detectors. I actually felt unsafe on the first ride we went on. Lack of safety restraints. It was kinda creepy.
    We rode 3 rides and decided to drive the 3 hours back home. We hated it.
    Dirty, "gang members" I put this in quotes because that is just my opinion, however there were more ethnic people than white in the park. In fact, we were scarce numbers that day. We commented that it was nowhere near a Disney owned park and was only going downhill fast.
    Maybe this is why so many Six Flags parks are closing or filing for bankruptcy protection.
    On any note, we won't be heading back anytime soon.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

What was the first ride you went on that lacked safety restraints?
    Free tickets must've been nice but if I'm driving 3 hours somewhere, best believe I'm going to stay! Or at least remain in the area. You should've drove over to Universal Studios, it's about 20 - 30 minutes away.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by 1TINKFAN View Post
    We went last year for the first time in 12 years. Noticed it needed a lot of repairs. Everywhere. Still enjoyed the day. Other than the long waits for rides and the fact that to get a "fastpass" you pay.

We went last weekend after getting some free tickets and also noticed the new signs about their cleanliness. After getting out of the car I had an empty starbucks cup to throw away, which I carried all the way to the park entrance from our parking spot near Scream as every single trash can along the route was heaping full. Overflowing. The park had been open less than one hour. Once inside we noticed several suspicious folks that we were unsure how they passed through the metal detectors. I actually felt unsafe on the first ride we went on. Lack of safety restraints. It was kinda creepy.
    Dirty, "gang members" I put this in quotes because that is just my opinion, however there were more ethnic people than white in the park. In fact, we were scarce numbers that day. We commented that it was nowhere near a Disney owned park and was only going downhill fast.
    Maybe this is why so many Six Flags parks are closing or filing for bankruptcy protection.
    OK, first off this is not a Disney park and we don't need to take the thread off into that direction. It never has been a Disney park, probably never will, and they are not trying to be a Disney park.

I do agree with you about the trash cans. I don't think they empty them at night and sometime in the morning someone will eventually get to them with that beat up old pick up truck they use to get the trash. I have gotten there at opening also and have seen the same thing.

I guess you are saying non-whites are gang members only according to your post? You are way off base posting that and we don't need this thread to go into the litter box with that kind of post.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by 1TINKFAN View Post

First, as far as I know, Disney is the only park with free fastpass. Every other park that offers a similar feature makes it an upcharge. So let's single out SFMM for that.

I also have to ask what ride lacked a safety restraint? That's quite an accusation.

And the ethnic thing... let's not even go there. I mean, really? Most of the civilized world is "ethnic".

Sorry you had some bad experiences, but I've had multiple bad experiences at Disney parks. Doesn't mean I write them off altogether.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

What really bugs me is they only did 3 rides and left and then gave an opinion. To me, it's like a movie. You can't judge a movie unless you watch it all the way through or at least, 3/4 the way through. Giving up 3 rides in is a shame, the day might've gotten better the longer it went in.

• Circle of Ancients

Folks, let's try to keep any ethnic generalizations off the board.

Thanks

• Circle of Ancients

Actually went to the park for a few hours today. There were maybe 1000 people in the park, it was a great day. Walked on X2, Tatsu, Terminator, Batman, etc.

Not sure about you guys, but this looks like a pretty clean park to me.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I totally agree! Six Flags Magic Mountain has really stepped it up in all departments. Team Members are having fun, and it's reflecting back into the experience. I'm glad that you had such a great time.

I think as Disney fans, it's VERY easy to ignore the competition, and just assume that Disney is the best. However, I think as places like SFMM really step it up, it's good to see this new Six Flags.

It helps that there's a good team back there too, people like Jay, Neil, Tim, and William are doing a fantastic job to turn some heads. I'm glad to see that Victoria is seeing what many of us are.

• Rides against injustice

there were more ethnic people than white in the park. In fact, we were scarce numbers that day.
    Wow. Just wow
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast