• Circle of Ancients

New CEO at Six Flags

http://micechat.com/forums/news/1369...post1055991738

This will be interesting. I wasn't either here nor there when it came to Shapiro. He did some really great things for the parks, others had me scratching my head. Glad they got somebody in there with park experience though.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Re: New CEO at Six Flags

Something needed to happen. I liked Shapiro's attitude a lot, but his experience with ESPN I don't feel prepared him to run this type of company.
    Also, I imagine that the shareholders, like myself, were getting a bit rowdy about how much the stocks are tanking. Bankruptcy or not, my shares of Six Flags should be worth more than .02 cents. Yes, that is really what they are at right now.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

I hope the bombardment of advertisements stop while in the parks. My recent trip to SFMM last week it felt like I was walking though one big commercial.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ You're not a fan of the clown cars on the coasters?

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    I hope the bombardment of advertisements stop while in the parks. My recent trip to SFMM last week it felt like I was walking though one big commercial.
    Just like with television, major sports, movies, and the vast majority of entertainment offerings in the world - none of it would exist without the selling of advertising exposure that they all create. That's how the economy works. You pay to go to theme parks. Companies pay so you see their logos/products in those parks. That leads, in whole or in part, to your buying their products (or at least recognizing their products in stores), which leads to more money for the companies who own those products. Those companies, in turn, employ people & provide them with a means of income. The people take that income and partially use it for a good time in theme parks. That's just how it works.

So think about it next time. Does having Ninja wrapped in Karate Kid trademarks really take away from your coaster ride? Does eating Papa John's Pizza in the parks take away from your theme park day? None of it really does. It's not interfering or harmful at all, but it's there. When that's true, then it's doing a perfect job at its job, and going a mighty long way in keeping the theme park industry sound & healthy for you to enjoy for years to come.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

I understand the purpose of the ads, I just don't like how they are putting them in the parks.

Disney, Universal, Busch, and Cedar Fair all have ads in their parks but placed in the parks in a tasteful way. Not in your face and obnoxious like Six Flags.

Can you imagine Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain wrapped in ads promoting Miley Cyrisses new CD? Or banners hung every 10 feet promoting the Jonas Brothers on Main Street?

So think about it next time. Does having Ninja wrapped in Karate Kid trademarks really take away from your coaster ride? Does eating Papa John's Pizza in the parks take away from your theme park day? None of it really does.

Actually the train wraps do effect my day at the theme park. They make me not want to take any photos of the ride and remind me how cheap Six Flags is.

As for having chain food in the park, well that doesn't bother me at all.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

What really bugged me was Viper wrapped in an AXE cologne advertisement. They couldn't even cleverly fit that in there to tie it together like Ninja and Karate Kid do. When I saw that, that's when I knew it was the beginning of the end.
    And Karate Kid every 20 feet is just SICKENING. I wanted to see it and now, I absolutely do not until it's out on home video. The bad thing is, those ads will still be around come next June. I hope new management takes care of these ads, like, THE DAY it comes out.

More ads invade the parks.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420
    Can you imagine Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain wrapped in ads promoting Miley Cyrisses new CD? Or banners hung every 10 feet promoting the Jonas Brothers on Main Street?
    Yes I can, actually. Disneyland had banners all over the place for Miley Cyrus' 16th birthday that Disney did sell tickets for. Then there were the years of millions of banners for the years of a million dreams. Disneyland's monorail trains were wrapped in YOAMD frilly clouds for over a year. Those were all pretty high on the obnoxious scale.

But those banners was Disney promoting itself. Big difference between that and Six Flags selling ad space in order to shore up its bottom line having just exited Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization. Disney has no real reason to have those banners besides making even more money than it already does. Six Flags, on the other hand, is doing what they must in order to keep the ship afloat while remaining competitive.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13