Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Functional & Decorative

Re: Will Magic Mountain focus more on flat rides?

This is getting riduclous. I'm arguing with a brick wall here, and it's getting tedious. I'll make my last points and move on.

So you work in the "global tourism industry". I fail to see how this makes you a research and marketing expert in the area of flat rides. Unless you can cough up more specifics as to why your job relates to the financial reports of the state of flat ride companies, let's move on.

You've been to Lula park once (and a few weeks ago, I may add), and saw it was not crowded. Again, big deal. One personal viewing does not create a financial report for the park as a whole. There could have been many other factors involved as to why the park was not busy. Was it the middle of a weekday? Were all the rides open? (Admittedly, at their "grand opening", barely half their rides were ready to go, which caused a bit of public frustration.)

And again, for the third time, short lines does not mean a ride is unpopular. It's funny how you do not address my arguments about all other rides at various parks that fail to have short lines, as well as all the pics that sir clinksalot posted. Virtually any ride, at any given moment, will not have a line at some point.

For example, I was just at Knott's Berry Farm yesterday. Montezuma's Revenge had no line. To be honest, it rarely does. Should we get ride of it? Yet their flat rides, La Revolucion and Wipeout, both had lines at least 2 or 3 cycles long. In fact, La Revolucion frequently has a line--I can't remember a time when it doesn't.

As far as the argument that a roller coaster is better because it goes different places in unpredictable paths... first off, once you've been on a roller coaster multiple times, it gets very predictable. Even X2 for me, at this point, is predictable and lost some of it's allure (although it is very impressive to the first time rider). The fact it "goes different places" doesn't mean much if it's going to the SAME place every time. However, I can state that my rides on a Tilt A Whirl, Zipper, Teacup, Chaos, Tango, Space Roller, Rock O' Plane, Flic Flac, Break Dance, Heartbreaker, Octopus/Polyp, etc., are different every time.

When I ask you to name suggestions of what else can be put in small spaces that are still thrilling, your response was "Sorry, I'm not at liberty to say." Really? What wonderous marvel of technology are you, and you alone, privy to? Again, unless you can name it, there's no point in even bringing this up.

And if you continually state that "no one's ever in line for flat rides" and "the flat ride manufactures will be bankrupt", then yes, you are implying no one likes flat rides. That's how economics work, right? Supply and demand? Or as you're putting it, lack of demand will lead to lack of supply?

I think it's very narrow minded that you state PK as failing because it had flat rides. It did have a roller coaster, you know. And is lower Castle Park attendance (which, as a point, I don't know if it's true in the first place--do you have any financial records to back this point up?) singularly due to flat rides? They have not one, but two roller coasters there. With the automatic success of roller coasters that you state, shouldn't Castle Park be thriving? What else are they expected to do? I guess they need to be approaching you about your ideas, what are they waiting for?

Not only that, but I'm noticing that your also stating their demise in the next few decades. Decades. You're trying to predict the future in decades. If you really can project that far into the future, then I suggest you give up your regular job and go into financial investments.

Since you asked, I'm 39. Does that make me an older guy? Maybe. Not sure what that has to do with anything... typically, that puts me in the bracket of not liking flat rides (aren't most riders teen and college age).

Now, there are some flaws in my logic, I will admit. My statements are opinions, not facts. Just as yours are. I'm also seeing the writing on the wall, and can see this will go no where fast. So I'll get off this treadmill now and move on... I'm taking a vacation tomorrow to SFOG and Dollywood where I get to ride some killer coasters... AND flat rides!
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

To back up JesterMn's point, I am 17 and I think flat rides are cool. At MM or Knott's it's more of a "in-between" thrill, if you will like Jester said, and they're great when you want to ride something fairly quickly without waiting in a two-hour line. At MM I like to ride Tatsu, X2, or Goliath or whatever, and on the way to another coaster I see Grinder Gearworks or Scrambler and think "Hey that looks fun. I'd like to ride that now before going in line for Batman."

Another thing is Cedar Point. The MaXair is my third favorite ride there with Millennium and Dragster being my first and second favorites. At Knott's I love La Revolution! It is sooooo fun! Apparently, a lot of people in the same gondola with me would agree so.

IndyJack, if you really think nobody rides flat rides anymore, then howcome they have such long lines at the Knotts, Ceder Point, Magic Mountain, or at the LA or OC County Fair? I think its unfair to say Castle park isn't doing well because it's more of a park for locals or for local teens to hang out at during the weekends. People don't fly all the way out to the UK to go to Castle Park or drive from LA all the freaking way to Riverside to see CP.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44BYLcqSjn8]YouTube - Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure Dark Ride[/ame]
    ^A ride like this (maybe add one drop) would be great at MM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    YouTube - Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure Dark Ride
    Wow, a ride like that would be awesome at Magic Mountain!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    YouTube - Yosemite Sam and the Gold River Adventure Dark Ride
    That's a fun little ride.

^I like that ride too. Just returned from SFOG, and gotta say, loved their Monster Mansion even more!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I've heard nothing but good things about Monster Mansion (well, actually I would guess it's about 90% ) and would love to see something like that here. Not a clone per se, although that would still be better than nothing, but maybe something that actually fits the theme of one of the lands? Pretty please?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Saw this article and couldn't resist posting. It discusses how well Luna Park (at Coney Island) is doing this summer. Despite some naysayers earlier in this thread.

Coney Island attractions to stay open through Halloween - NYPOST.com

Good for Luna Park and their flat rides!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Cedar Fair just bought about $20 million worth of flatrides, I guess they've got no idea what they're doing, cuz nobody rides those anymore.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123