• Banned User

Lightbulb Possible Magic Mountain might get Maliboomer?

I just want to clarify this is NOT a rumor I heard. This is more of a "what if" thread.

When I first heard the Maliboomer would get the Adventure Thru Inner Space treatment this Fall, I was upset because of how fun that ride was, yet at the same time happy because it didn't really fit in thematic wise.

Now here's the question that was sparked by Sir Clinksalot in the "flat ride" thread: Knowing how money-loving Disney is, do you think they'll try to make an extra buck by selling it to a park that requires low-cost shipping like...um...Magic Mountain?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Possible Magic Mountain might get Maliboomer?

I doubt Disney or Six Flags would broker a direct deal, I could see Disney putting the ride up for sale, sans the strength game decor.

• When Will It Return?

Maliboomer would actually be a good replacement for Thrill Shot, provided 'Boomer isn't an upcharge attraction like Thrill Shot was.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Maliboomer would actually be a good replacement for Thrill Shot, provided 'Boomer isn't an upcharge attraction like Thrill Shot was.
    Besides, I have no desire to ride that death machine anyway; it just doesn't look safe at all to me. Plus it would be nice not to have an upcharge attraction.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

It's a good idea from a financial standpoint. But SoCal locals are smarter than a lot of us think, and undoubtedly many of them would recognize the former Maliboomer if it was indeed transferred to SFMM.

I'm not sure what kind of effects that will have on people's perception of both Magic Mountain and Disneyland, but IMO there will be some sort of a backlash.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

For about the cost of removing and transporting Maliboomer, SFMM could get a larger Intamin Gyrodrop- a much better ride, imho.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    For about the cost of removing and transporting Maliboomer, SFMM could get a larger Intamin Gyrodrop- a much better ride, imho.
    I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure Disney would give them a great "deal" on Maliboomer and it's not travelling very far. Couldn't be more than a brand new Gyrodrop (although I'd much rather see that of course ).

If they got Maliboomer I'd want them to put it on top of the mountain (like in the Superman Plaza) instead of where you get no good views.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Just curious, what is the cost?

• keh!

i would actually prefer to see six flags get a brand new one, a taller one as well ; )

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    It's a good idea from a financial standpoint. But SoCal locals are smarter than a lot of us think, and undoubtedly many of them would recognize the former Maliboomer if it was indeed transferred to SFMM.
    But will they care? How many of them don't know or care that it is the same system as at Knotts other than the program?

And how many of them think Terminator isn't still Pyshclone?

• Banned User

Even if they did advertise it as a "new ride" if this were to happen (Which I'm sure they will.) I would definitely go there knowing that one ride that I really liked is coming back to MM!

No I dont think Six Flags would buy it.... Its not tall enough. Its what like 180 feet tall? they have Goliath 235ft. Superman 415ft. X 215ft. Deja Vu 199ft, Viper 188ft. Tatsu 170ft. It wouldnt fit there park. Its to small. If Six flags were ever to get a drop tower itd be a 300ft plus most likely. I say attached to Superman(like Tower of Terror at Dreamworld).
    Smiley Productions

• Coronus, The Terminator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i would actually prefer to see six flags get a brand new one, a taller one as well ; )
    I concur, and one that yanks you down from the top also!
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111