Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Six Flags Magic Mountain Questions

Looking for some help from SFMM regulars. Thinking about heading up to the park on Sat Oct. 2. What are the crowds usually like this time of year? Plan on getting there at opening - what are the best rides to hit up first (X2, Tatsu, Terminator)? I looked online and didn't see a listing of rides down for refurb. Is that something you need to call the park and check on or did i just miss it?

Thanks for the help!

• Functional & Decorative

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain Questions

I'd try to get there about 1/2 hour before park opening... it practically takes 30 minutes just to park and get to the main gate.

Crowds shouldn't be too bad. If you're an out of towner, and really want to be sure to get on all the rides major rides multiple times, you may want to get a Flasspass just in case. But if you're happy with one ride one each of the major rides, and multiples on the smaller ones, you should probably be fine without.

I'd head to X2 first. Sometimes, it has a slightly delayed opening, so if it's not open, I'd continue up the hill to Tatsu, and then return. It's typically open no later than 30-60 minutes past park opening.

Then I'd head to the back of the park. I'd normally suggest Deja Vu at this point, but I think down for the rest of the season. Then I'd run to Terminator. That one is worth repeating, and ride it as much as you can at that point. The line can get somewhat slow later on in the day, due to the pre-show rooms.

After that, I'd suggest Goliath. Feel free to hit Goldrusher, Batman, Colossus, and Scream on the way, but they probably won't have much of a line all day. In fact, most of the rest of the rides probably won't have too much of a line, so you should be pretty good.

Haunt stuff will also be going at that point. Their haunts are not great, but they are very cheap compared to all the others. If you're already there, I'd suggest the extra expense, but I won't make a special trip just for their Haunt.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Sock Puppet

Post Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain Questions

i have some good tips a well do not bye thir food its grose when i went thir last time i went to sfmm i got i came home from food poiseing and other tip is termater is a must do frist thing that ride is brad new one X2 is at least on a beasy day its 2hour awate and non beasy day its 30 mim wate and tutsu ussely 15 mim on non busy if the lines in the shade then mines its 30 and i and athor tip is try not go on rev or viper they give me a major headacke

• Use your imagination...

I work at the park and its safe to say Saturdays are the busiest days at the park. Dont let that scare you away though! Arrive at the park before opening before there are any crowds!

Most people tend to go to tatsu/X2 and go through the park in a clockwise fashion....i don't do this.

Going counter-clockwise (starting with Goliath) and going around ending with tatsu/X2 always proves to be the quickest way. X2 and tatsu have their shortest lines between 3-6. Last time i was at the park on a weekend I managed to ride all 13 coasters, sky tower and a nice sit down lunch in just under 6 hours.

Hope this helps and have fun!!

OH ALSO!!! Superman, De Ja Vu, and Sierra Falls are closed for refurbishment. Everything else should be up running as normal.

Thanks Jester, Disneyland075 and DL2006 for the suggestions! Haven't been to the park in years and looking forward to trying the new coasters. DL2006 - thanks for the refurb list as well. Glad that none of my old favorites will be down.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DL2006 View Post
    I work at the park and its safe to say Saturdays are the busiest days at the park. Dont let that scare you away though! Arrive at the park before opening before there are any crowds!

Most people tend to go to tatsu/X2 and go through the park in a clockwise fashion....i don't do this.

Going counter-clockwise (starting with Goliath) and going around ending with tatsu/X2 always proves to be the quickest way. X2 and tatsu have their shortest lines between 3-6. Last time i was at the park on a weekend I managed to ride all 13 coasters, sky tower and a nice sit down lunch in just under 6 hours.

Hope this helps and have fun!!
    if u work at i wont to wont know what u in the onion rings cuz i foodposiesing from them

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland075 View Post
    if u work at i wont to wont know what u in the onion rings cuz i foodposiesing from them
    My guess is that most park employees don't know what they put in the onion rings, and I'm sure they are shipped in frozen and not actually made at the park.

Ive had the onion rings plenty of times on my lunch breaks and Ive never gotten sick from them. Perhaps you had a bad batch? idk...

I'm thinking of going Sunday Oct 24. Would i have to pay for a day pass and flash pass and the haunt at night seperately? or would my day admission get me the full day and night. The website wasn't to specific for the simple minded like myself.

• Functional & Decorative

While I can't say 100%, I'd suspect they are separate. The events are separate, so I'd imagine the passes are, too.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Fright Fest is included with the days admission, but the mazes require a Wristband that is 5 dollars.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by animalx View Post
    I'm thinking of going Sunday Oct 24. Would i have to pay for a day pass and flash pass and the haunt at night seperately? or would my day admission get me the full day and night. The website wasn't to specific for the simple minded like myself.
    the hunt is joke i went to it in 2008 and they dont relly care to scare you at all and the flash is $70 is not worth it when relly never a wight to get on the rides

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland075 View Post
    the hunt is joke i went to it in 2008 and they dont relly care to scare you at all and the flash is $70 is not worth it when relly never a wight to get on the rides
    You don't need the FlashPass to do the mazes. It's a $5 upgrade from regular park admission to do the mazes.

I was up there Saturday (pictures coming on Friday's In the Parks) and it looked to me like they were going out a LOT more than in previous years. I will be checking out the event on Friday and am really looking forward to it.

Thanks , great info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast