Best Thrill Coaster at Magic Mountain

With the new, re-done Superman and the Green Lantern, (I am psyched to see Green Lantern come,) but what do you think are the best of the best? Which ones would you ride if you could only ride a few? Oh, and since I see the Green Lantern being similar the X2, in comments, tell which you think will be/is better?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Best Thrill Coaster at Magic Mountain

I love Scream! Its Smooth and Fast, just how I like them.

For me, the best thrill rides that are at Magic Mountain are still there, but have been neutered.

For the younger set here, Revolution before the OTSRs and Colossus before all the drastic re-profiles were AWESOME.

Viper in the first half year or so was also extremely intense as well. It is a shame that these rides always have to be 'fixed' for some reason or another.

• Functional & Decorative

^Well, often they're "fixed" because people are getting injured and you want to avoid lawsuits, or the rides are running so rough and are so tough to maintain, if you didn't "fix" them, they'd be inoperable for most of the time. So take your pick.

To answer the question, TS:TR is my money for the most thrilling and re-rideable. Tatsu is great for smooth thrills.

Between X2 and Green Lantern, it'll be tough to say. X2 is larger and unique, but can be bumpy, and after multiple rides, gets predictable, since it spins the same way each time. Green Lantern spins freely, so the ride experience will be different each time, but it (probably) doesn't hit the heights or the speeds of X2. While I haven't actually been on a ZAC spin (and I've heard it can be painful for men, if you know what I mean), I'm guessing that may be a more interesting ride for locals, due to it's ability to be different each time. But if I were a one time, out of town visitor, I'd probably enjoy X2 more (assuming a fairly smooth ride).
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

Considering the coaster that Green Lantern is based after (Insane at Grona Lund) was ranked #20 in the world on this years Mitch Hawkers Coaster poll (Detailed Steel Roller Coaster Poll Results 2009) I have some VERY high hopes for that.

But for right now, the most "thrilling" coasters at SFMM are X2, Tatsu, Terminator and Batman. Not necessarily my "favorites" but they are the most thrilling.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^can someone tell me why Terminator is thrilling? I went on it last spring and didn't think much of the coaster, I mean even Screamin at DCA feels more like a Thrill than that one??? Maybe I'm missing something

• Circle of Ancients

I don't know if it's so much "thrilling", but it's a solid coaster, if not a little short.

• When Will It Return?

In terms of thrill, I think the nod goes to Tatsu, but only squeaks by X2. X2 has the crazy go nuts skydive beginning, and Tatsu has riders soaring through the sky for the entire ride with a crazy headfirst dive of a pretzel loop. Both rides provide thrilling experiences that can't be found anywhere else, and the sheer joy of taking flight on Tatsu puts it over the top for me. Gotta ride that one again soon.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

My favorites at SFMM are X2, Goliath(for the speed) and Tatsu(for it's comfort) ...

As thrill is concerned , X2 for sure !

• Minion

my fav thriil ride at ssfm are
    1. tustu cuz its make u fly licke peter pan
    2. termater cuz resblle a disney actrion with the pree show
    3. scram its smoth and relxing go down the drop
    4. x2 its cool how it can go in 4 demshions
    5. gothith the drop is asmmose