Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Six Flags Magic Mountain's Revolution need to go

Revolution is the the the oldest ride i think its time to pull out i mean to more of antnitc then a roller coster i every time ive gone it it sneems to give me headache and its not relly that propler in moere so think its time to shut it toon and leve the coster has hisotaol viger

• C4C6C

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain's Revolution need to go

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    Revolution is the the the oldest ride i think its time to pull out i mean to more of antnitc then a roller coster i every time ive gone it it sneems to give me headache and its not relly that propler in moere so think its time to shut it toon and leve the coster has hisotaol viger
    No, it is not the oldest ride....the goldrusher is. Other than that, I have no idea what you said in your message.

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Other than that, I have no idea what you said in your message.
    This.

• Minion

Smile Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain's Revolution need to go

what i meant was Revolution is the one of the oldest costers i think time to close it down Cuz all does is give people headache a lot and i wold be cool just make it landmark and stop running it it was the first coaster to have a loop
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Functional & Decorative

Technically, it was the first modern coaster to have a vertical loop (excepting all those crazy 1920's loop rides that gave riders whiplash, we generally don't count those). The first looping coaster was the Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm.

That said, while it's by no means the best, and it's unfortunate we're now stuck with the OTS's, it's also by no means the worst coaster out there. It's just good enough, and probably easy to maintain, to keep open. Especially now that they want to make their coaster count higher than CP's.

To be honest, I have to say that my last few rides on it in the front seat were actually surprisingly smooth. Not sure if I was just lucky or not, but it actually wasn't that bad at all. (Both rides were within the last 3 months or so.)
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Technically, it was the first modern coaster to have a vertical loop (excepting all those crazy 1920's loop rides that gave riders whiplash, we generally don't count those). The first looping coaster was the Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm.

That said, while it's by no means the best, and it's unfortunate we're now stuck with the OTS's, it's also by no means the worst coaster out there. It's just good enough, and probably easy to maintain, to keep open. Especially now that they want to make their coaster count higher than CP's.

To be honest, I have to say that my last few rides on it in the front seat were actually surprisingly smooth. Not sure if I was just lucky or not, but it actually wasn't that bad at all. (Both rides were within the last 3 months or so.)
    i agree on this i wish they wold gev a complte reverb
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

The Revolution is one of those rides that one needs to learn how to ride.

Simply put, keep your head away from the side of the OTSRs. I really do wish they could get rid of em, as the ride was great when they were not there.

As for getting rid of it.

NO. I still LOVE a good ride at night, zipping through the trees. Only the Ninja in the front seat gives as good of a ride at night as Revolution does. (At least at Magic Mountain)

• Banned User

Disagree. That's the roller coaster that started it for me when I was seven or eight. Plus it's a nice coaster to be able to rush through the trees on. I just wish they would rid of those stupid restraints.

• Minion

i say at least give a complate re verb with all new traks and cars its so run down and its need a new pait job cars aways go make u head back forth

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Corkscrew didn't have any loops ... it had inversions. (I know, technicality ... but still).

As for removing revolution, no. While the ride is no longer fun, and I only ride it when at the park with somebody who hasn't ridden it, it's a classic coaster and is still semi-popular. Plus, with the way the coaster is situated, there is no logical replacement for it unless you are building a coaster with pretty much the same layout. I still hold out hope that someday the ride will receive a complete overhaul with new trains that were built to have OTSR's.

• Hello Dolly.

I hope they just reboot this ride like they did with X and are doing with Superman. New trains, paint job, fix up the queve a little, and add some lights to the tunnel.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, I'd LOVE for them to take a year where their big three things are renovating the "classic" SFMM coasters. Gold Rusher, Revolution and Colossus. Reopen the big three with new paint, new trains, rehabbed in full, etc.

I tell you right now, the public would eat it up.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Disagree. That's the roller coaster that started it for me when I was seven or eight. Plus it's a nice coaster to be able to rush through the trees on. I just wish they would rid of those stupid restraints.
    I concur. It was my first loop, and I rode it with my Kindergarten teacher. It's still a fun ride and deserves to stay in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Honestly, I'd LOVE for them to take a year where their big three things are renovating the "classic" SFMM coasters. Gold Rusher, Revolution and Colossus. Reopen the big three with new paint, new trains, rehabbed in full, etc.

I tell you right now, the public would eat it up.
    Gregg, I totally agree with this idea! I especially think Colossus needs the TLC. I'm being facetious when I say it, but I always feel like termites are holding hands while I ride it.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    I concur. It was my first loop, and I rode it with my Kindergarten teacher. It's still a fun ride and deserves to stay in the park.

Gregg, I totally agree with this idea! I especially think Colossus needs the TLC. I'm being facetious when I say it, but I always feel like termites are holding hands while I ride it.
    I was just at MM on Sunday and was thinking the same thing. Why not spend the money to upgrade the park and fix the "small" things like paint, railings, the bee problem, etc.

MM tends to make a new ride all nice when it first opens, but then minor upkeep goes away. My two sons and I have a bet as to when MM will cut out the pre-show on Terminator. I say by next summer. Most everyone seems to laugh at it anyways, at least when I go.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I still hold out hope that someday the ride will receive a complete overhaul with new trains that were built to have OTSR's.
    Very well said. I also ride it only if it is with someone who hasn't yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast