• C4C6C

Ride Superman this weekend!!!

If you are a season pass holder and received an email this week, you can ride Superman this Saturday, Sunday, or Monday from 12 - 5.

The instructions state to print out the email you received, go to the line, and you get to ride Superman on a space available basis.

I guess I am going this weekend.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Ride Superman this weekend!!!

I didn't get any emails.

There is also something for Facebook followers of SFMM but that is for a later date in March.

• Circle of Ancients

I didn't get the email either, but I contacted our SFMM rep to see about getting in.

They also just posted info about the commercial shoot for next Thursday on their FB page:

On Thursday, February 24th we are filming the Superman: Escape from Krypton commercial and need riders. Riders must be available for the entire day (8:00am – 4:30pm). Riders will be paid $50 at the completion of the day. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
    All riders must be 18 and over and must meet all safety requirements of the ride. Proof of age may be required. This shoot is does not fall under the jurisdiction of SAG or AFTRA so union members may not participate.

If interested please send your name, address, e-mail and phone number along with a current photo of yourself to [email protected].
    Due to the possibility of rain the shoot may be moved to the following week. Please let us know if you are available any of those days as well. You will receive a response from the filming supervisor to confirm.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    If you are a season pass holder and received an email this week, you can ride Superman this Saturday, Sunday, or Monday from 12 - 5.

The instructions state to print out the email you received, go to the line, and you get to ride Superman on a space available basis.

I guess I am going this weekend.
    Can you normally NOT ride "Superman: The Ride" if you're a season pass holder?

Or is this some, "You will be riding this ride, and only this ride, from 12-5"? For the commercial, for example?
    I'll want my Extras pay in advance, please.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Can you normally NOT ride "Superman: The Ride" if you're a season pass holder?

Or is this some, "You will be riding this ride, and only this ride, from 12-5"? For the commercial, for example?
    I'll want my Extras pay in advance, please.
    Superman is currently not open to the public while it has undergone it's transformation into "Superman: Escape From Krypton". The ride doesn't actually open until March 19th. Although, something tells me that if they are already doing Season Pass previews, and they are going to be shooting a commercial next week, it may start opening for regular guests early.

And if not enough passholders show up to ride this weekend, I'm guessing they will let anybody ride.

• Functional & Decorative

I also didn't get the email, but the Facebook page had the invite as well. And for those who don't read carefully, it does state that the event may cancel if there's rain. Something to consider. I can't go today (although it's supposed to rain anyway), but I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, I think we are going to try and head up tomorrow. Not supposed to rain.

• C4C6C

Definitely pouring right now. I didn't even try to go over. I was trying to zoom in with my camera to see if it was going, but I am sure the park is closed anyways.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Definitely pouring right now. I didn't even try to go over. I was trying to zoom in with my camera to see if it was going, but I am sure the park is closed anyways.
    I was actually there today for the job fair (I waited four hours in the rain to hear my name called to be interviewed!). Believe it or not, I actually saw some rides running! When I got to my car when it was pouring, didn't see anything else open.

• Circle of Ancients

The ride was open on Saturday for Technical Rehearsals (prior to the rain). It was unfortunately closed yesterday due to the heavy rains overnight but did open around 6:45pm yesterday for some riders.

We were at the park from 10:30 to about 3:00 yesterday so we didn't get to ride.

Still had a fun day at the park though. It was a beautiful day and not very crowded at all.

• Functional & Decorative

I got to ride it today. It didn't open until 4ish, but that's what happens with tech rehearsals. But it was very worth it for me. I did get an edge seat, with the arm sling. It didn't bother my arm much, but almost no room for my hand! I would much rather have a middle seat, any row. This really seems like a hands up sort of ride!

I did ride in the "front" (defined as the row where no one is in front of me going up the tower). That was fun, but I get the sense that the view isn't exactly going to be diminished by being in another row. When you go up the tower, your head naturally arcs up a bit to take in the view of the entire park, and to look at the tiny, tiny people far below you. :P The back row only has two seats, which will make that row a lot longer to load, so consider that if you're in line.

Didn't particularly feel any significant airtime, but I was surprised by the speed you feel throughout the ride. It seems like you shoot out the tunnel on the horizontal stretch forever before going up the tower, and my face almost felt like those astronauts in the 50's wind tunnel test footage coming back down at the end.

But I did enjoy the ride very much. It exceeded my expectations, and would totally wait in line to ride it again.

I did hear employees say that they did slow down the ride a bit yesterday (Sunday), as the wet track from the rain the day before makes it go higher up the tower. Interesting that they calculate that sort of thing.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I got to ride it today. It didn't open until 4ish, but that's what happens with tech rehearsals. But it was very worth it for me. I did get an edge seat, with the arm sling. It didn't bother my arm much, but almost no room for my hand! I would much rather have a middle seat, any row. This really seems like a hands up sort of ride!

I did ride in the "front" (defined as the row where no one is in front of me going up the tower). That was fun, but I get the sense that the view isn't exactly going to be diminished by being in another row. When you go up the tower, your head naturally arcs up a bit to take in the view of the entire park, and to look at the tiny, tiny people far below you. :P The back row only has two seats, which will make that row a lot longer to load, so consider that if you're in line.

Didn't particularly feel any significant airtime, but I was surprised by the speed you feel throughout the ride. It seems like you shoot out the tunnel on the horizontal stretch forever before going up the tower, and my face almost felt like those astronauts in the 50's wind tunnel test footage coming back down at the end.

But I did enjoy the ride very much. It exceeded my expectations, and would totally wait in line to ride it again.

I did hear employees say that they did slow down the ride a bit yesterday (Sunday), as the wet track from the rain the day before makes it go higher up the tower. Interesting that they calculate that sort of thing.
    Good review, sounds promising.

• Circle of Ancients

The park is having another Technical Rehearsal on Saturday. May try to go and get a ride in.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150326951694164

• Circle of Ancients

Got 3 rides in today, it's absolutely great. I didn't think the backwards launch would add much more to the ride, but it really does.