• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Question Six Flags for the First Time

Hey everyone. I know that I already asked this question in the middle of a thread in the Disneyland forum, so I wanted to post in in this one to maybe get a more thorough answer. lol I'm going to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time next week and I want to ask a few questions. I was wondering, is the park safe and in good condition? I know that it has a bad reputation, but I've also heard that they are in the process of improving the parks overall atmosphere. Also, is it true that there is a lot of gang activity there? :O Aaannnnd.....is it a good atmosphere for families to have a good time?
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Minion

Re: Six Flags for the First Time

its ok thir not hole gang volice thir they got lots secetry thir puls they have medel decters licke going in air port its fun if u takeing teagers not lil kids cuz thir a lil spot for kids
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• I still like SFMM ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I was wondering, is the park safe and in good condition? I know that it has a bad reputation, but I've also heard that they are in the process of improving the parks overall atmosphere. Also, is it true that there is a lot of gang activity there? :O Aaannnnd.....is it a good atmosphere for families to have a good time?

I've been there dozens of times over the past two years. It's more dangerous driving on the freeway to get there than it is to be there.

It's a very safe park - lots of employees, security guards, etc.

As for being family-friendly, that depends. Yes, there is a kiddie land, but young kids will not enjoy any experience that can be had at Disneyland. If you are at least 4' tall (54" on some rides), you'll have a lot of fun!

The park is very clean, some bathrooms have been renovated, with others currently being renovated. The midways are all clean and freshly sealed (new topcoat on the asphalt).

Seriously... give it a shot. The place looks great and the rides are awesome!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

The "gangs" and stuff everyone talk about only show up during the summer. Their usually in school around this time (or ditching, depending on which stereotype you wish to pick lol). However, if there are teens at the park, they're most likely busy impregnating each other while waiting in lines - right in front of you. At Disneyland, I only see this in line for Matterhorn, which is odd. At Six Flags, it's pretty much every single ride you go to. But seriously, someone needs to work on the PDA at the park, it's disgusting. And it's not always teens also, which is even more disturbing. I know I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

ANYWHO, on the plus side, around this time should be a good time for you to go. Bugs Bunny World is kinda small and will probably keep your enjoyment for about 2 hours. There are maybe 3 or 4 other rides kids can go on elsewhere in the park. Once you find them, you'll be done within an hour unless you play games on the midway for another hour. The park is UBER clean and they force that notion down your throat everywhere you go. Same with the customer service - it actually kinda bugs me they brag about how friendly and clean they are. If they just did it without bragging, I'd be happy.

The rides' upkeep are very up in the air. Some look like carnival attractions while others are great. There's no way to tell until you're actually on it. For example, there's times where I've been on Ninja and it felt like it was about to break. Other times after, it was completely smooth. Just depends on how often it gets refurbished, which I think is pretty much rare to never.

However, you will be safe and you will be fine and you WILL have fun.

• Disneyland History Lover

I've never seen any "gangs" at Six Flags. Groups of kids and teens hanging at the park is one thing, but I don't believe I've ever felt truly unsafe. I think it's just like anywhere else... do your thing, have fun, and mind your own. You should be fine.

• Circle of Ancients

I've said this in the past ... I've been to SFMM probably over 250 times in my lifetime. Started going in 1979 and have had Annual Passes every year from 1985 to this year (only taking a break in 2007/2008). And I've already been to the park 7 times this year (if you include press day for Superman).

Only ONCE in all those years have I seen any "gang" problems or any fights, etc. ONCE. And when it happened, it was over with in minutes and security was on the scene.

THE PARK IS SAFE!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Now, as far as your kids having things to ride ... there is Bugs Bunny World and Thomas Town. There are also the two flume rides (Log Jammer and Jet Stream). If they are 42" they can also ride Ninja. They can go up the Sky Tower.

But at the end of the day, Magic Mtn. is a "Coaster Park". They tried the whole family friendly thing and it didn't work. Trying to change people's perception about the park is something that didn't work as people will always see it as a Coaster/Gangster park (obviously) even though there hasn't been an incident involving gangs in years.

Gang violence in the park? This isn't the 90's anymore. I went last year and it is a complete 180 from the type of people that used to come back in the day, just normal looking people, a lot of families, some teenagers, mid-age people. I guess chillin at an amusement parks isn't that gangsta anymore.

• Functional & Decorative

Nowadays, SFMM only seems to have a bad reputation on this board.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Last I been to SSMM was about 3 years ago. When I was there, there was alot of teenagers, I would think there would be more than adults if every teen had money to go. I saw quite a few gang members there myself, but no fights . But anyways SSMM isnt my type of park. I was forced to go.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Have you not seen our excellent SFMM coverage over the past few years? I think the park still suffers from bad word of mouth that is absolutely NOT justified. While the site as a whole has a really good relationship with the park, we still aren't afraid to point out shortcomings while also letting everybody know what they are doing right (which is a lot).

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Have you not seen our excellent SFMM coverage over the past few years? I think the park still suffers from bad word of mouth that is absolutely NOT justified. While the site as a whole has a really good relationship with the park, we still aren't afraid to point out shortcomings while also letting everybody know what they are doing right (which is a lot).

I've seen it. I admit that there has been a lot more positive SFMM remarks here. But for every one made, there are just as many negative comments, if not more. Even now.

I don't think it's justified either--you're preaching to the choir here--but it does still seem to be a fact around here. Sigh.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• When Will It Return?

That's because certain people have to hate on something, and SFMM is a pretty easy target. It's tough to hate on other SoCal parks because their local followers will beat back the haters. SFMM doesn't have very many local (SCV) followers on the interwebz, creating the impression that the haters are speaking in some sort of correct fashion.

There are some that will hate SFMM no matter what it does. Likewise there are some that will hate on the DLR no matter what it does, but they'd have a much larger counter group to contend with than the SFMM haters have.

In the end, Clinks is right when he says it's largely personal preference. Disneyland has different rides than SFMM does. Both parks do a great job providing experiences that can't be had anywhere else, and rank amongest the top in the USA & around the world. We're rather priviledged in SoCal to have both parks so close to each other. That's what really matters in the end. No matter what the parks do to compete with each other, we win.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13