Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: First Time Trip, Need Help

Batman just recently reopened and the operations are FANTASTIC, first of all.

Secondly, I'm sorry, how can you blame ride operators for clearly ignorant customers (who are found EVERYWHERE, Disney, Cedar Fair and Six Flags) who chose to walk right past the lockers at the entrances and all the signs stating such. The customer chooses to hold up operations by arguing, blame the customer. It's our job to control the matter in a concise way, and remember that the customer is "always right". So it's a bit of a tricky area. Is $1 a bit... ridic? Okay, yes, it's a total cash grab, but just limit what you bring to the park.

How about bringing your prize from a game to package pick-up? Free service at any location, let you pick up your items later. DON'T get a souvenir bottle, perhaps? If you bring a water bottle, then suck it up for the eight or so bucks you have to spend. Most of the people I see at the park carry light. Period.

Here's what drives me crazy about your post: the idea, the mere THOUGHT that Knott's has competent fast operations. Wow. Could not be any more off the mark. They are at least as slow as Six Flags, aside from Ghostrider every single interval seems to take an eternity. I very much recall waiting outside the station for most about twice the length of my actual ride. (three regarding Pony Express) Jaguar is almost jaw-droppingly slow, with as equally callous operators. The only time I've ever seen ride ops with actual energy at Knott's is Timber Mountain. I really hope Matt Ouimet can put an end to this, but for now, sorry bro, Knott's ops is only equal to Six Flags.

• Circle of Ancients

I disagree about Silver Bullet and your assessment of Goliath, Scream and Riddlers. Apocalypse runs fine when there are 2 trains, can't blame the ride ops for those.

Let's face it, operations at both parks could certainly improve, but I've seen a tremendous change in the operations at SFMM the past few years ... in a good way.

I'll be going to SFGam next month, will be interesting to see what operations are there.

Secondly, I'm sorry, how can you blame ride operators for clearly ignorant customers (who are found EVERYWHERE, Disney, Cedar Fair and Six Flags) who chose to walk right past the lockers at the entrances and all the signs stating such. The customer chooses to hold up operations by arguing, blame the customer. It's our job to control the matter in a concise way, and remember that the customer is "always right". So it's a bit of a tricky area. Is $1 a bit... ridic? Okay, yes, it's a total cash grab, but just limit what you bring to the park.
    Did I blame the ride ops for enforcing park policy? No, I blame the stupid policy. And guests with lose articles walking past the lockers is a failure on the part of Six Flags employees, given at every ride there is a employee looking for guest with lose articles.

How about bringing your prize from a game to package pick-up? Free service at any location, let you pick up your items later. DON'T get a souvenir bottle, perhaps? If you bring a water bottle, then suck it up for the eight or so bucks you have to spend. Most of the people I see at the park carry light. Period.
    I know SixFlags has this policy, however, I have yet to see a single sign posted at any of the games telling guests of it. Matter of fact, I'm looking at a 2011 park map/website and I don't see a single thing on this policy. So to expect the average guest to know about it is a very big stretch.

However, they sure do promote the souvenir soda bottle as being a great value on both the website and park map.

DON'T get a souvenir bottle, perhaps? If you bring a water bottle, then suck it up for the eight or so bucks you have to spend. Most of the people I see at the park carry light. Period.
    Its exactly this type of thinking that will end up hurting Six Flags in the long run. Guests will stop buying souvenirs at the parks knowing that they will have to buy a locker for every ride.

Its a stupid, stupid policy.

Here's what drives me crazy about your post: the idea, the mere THOUGHT that Knott's has competent fast operations. Wow. Could not be any more off the mark. They are at least as slow as Six Flags, aside from Ghostrider every single interval seems to take an eternity. I very much recall waiting outside the station for most about twice the length of my actual ride. (three regarding Pony Express) Jaguar is almost jaw-droppingly slow, with as equally callous operators. The only time I've ever seen ride ops with actual energy at Knott's is Timber Mountain. I really hope Matt Ouimet can put an end to this, but for now, sorry bro, Knott's ops is only equal to Six Flags.
    I'm going on personal experience, I think Knotts operations are FAR and away better than Six Flags.
    In the past 2 years I have yet to encounter horrible operations. Six Flags however....

I know SixFlags has this policy, however, I have yet to see a single sign posted at any of the games telling guests of it. Matter of fact, I'm looking at a 2011 park map/website and I don't see a single thing on this policy. So to expect the average guest to know about it is a very big stretch.
    Several signs around the park, games ops recommend it to every guest.

Its exactly this type of thinking that will end up hurting Six Flags in the long run. Guests will stop buying souvenirs at the parks knowing that they will have to buy a locker for every ride.
    Again, package pick-up. Signs in every store. Nobody walks around SFMM with bags in their hands because they're all stocked at the Looney Tunes Super Store.

I'm going on personal experience, I think Knotts operations are FAR and away better than Six Flags.
    In the past 2 years I have yet to encounter horrible operations. Six Flags however....
    I'm going on personal experience as well, and Knott's is easily just on par. Ghostrider is the only ride that loaded fast in my days spent there when busy. And Pony Express is almost as bad as Apocalypse with one train. I mean that ride... wow. Must have spent five minutes sitting in that uncomfortable position waiting to get off. Not fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12