Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Deja Vu being removed from Six Flags Magic Mountain

Hey everybody,

If you didn't see the announcement yesterday, Deja Vu is being removed and sent to Six Flags New England. In last weeks "In The Parks" we showed you some survey people near the ride. This will be in next weeks "In The Parks", but wanted to share a couple of things with you all before then.

Although nothing has been announced to replace Deja Vu, there were some survey markings under the ride. (Sorry for the Bluriness). There were also some on the back-side of the lift that I couldn't get a picture of, but saw while riding.

There is a survey marker in the exact spot the survey taker was last week.

I'm not sure what, if anything is going to replace Deja Vu, but it certainly seems odd that the park would give up the "Coaster Crown" two months after they just got it.

Anybody have any thoughts?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Deja Vu being removed from Six Flags Magic Mountain

Wow this sucks..........my parents went on the ride YEARS ago...its not a bad ride either have no idea why they want it to go.....maybe they have some crazy coaster they want to put in that area

• we jumped out a window

Maybe they're moving Road Runner Express back there?

There is probably little chance but I'd love to see a clone of SFDK's Superman Ultimate Flight back there though I'm not sure if the footprints are similar.

• Circle of Ancients

I rode it three times today, and I still love the ride. The park was empty so I was able to get two front row rides and one back row ride.

That was enough however.

• Circle of Ancients

The park just posted the following on their Facebook page:

Hey Déjā Vu fans! The countdown begins so come ride this weekend before it’s going…going…gone!
    Not sure if this means it's closed after this weekend or not. Glad I rode today.

• Minion

its not my favortre roller coster its i think they''le put a better roller coaster its place and i hope the they puting xflight in it place
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

I was at the park this past Sunday, got 13 rides on it. I'm going to miss it.

I think the replacement will probably be a small compact coaster which could be easily moved to another park, as it seems the ride rotation program is back at Six Flags.

Or that area of land could sit empty for who knows how long. Six Flags, particularly at this park, has quite a long history of doing that as well.

The self appointed "protector of the children" has waded in on the moving of Deja Vu to SFNE
    Pol calls for stiffer regs as Six Flags eyes Goliath coaster - BostonHerald.com

As someone that lives in New England this doesn't make a lot of sense. Six Flags New England's Flashback has an identical layout just as a traditional coaster. What's adding insult to injury is that they're calling it "Goliath" at Six Flags New England. I saw that and got excited that there would be a more legitimate addition.

My last experience at Magic Mountain wasn't exactly a positive one. I was shocked at how poorly run the park was. On a Tuesday in late May we were only able to see 5 attractions in 8 hours. All of the rides were excellent though so I want to go back - I'm just struggling with the thought of having to pay for the Flash Pass.

What are the best times of year to go? I'd like to be able to ride X2, Tatsu, Goliath, Superman and more in a more reasonable amount of time.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

• C4C6C

Goodbye.

This was posted on my FB wall

Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Déjā Vu fans, we have created some exclusive after hours ride time for you to ride it again before October 16. Every Sunday, 9/18 through 10/16, any SFMM Facebook fan that stops by Guest Relations, paid admission required, can pick-up an after hours ride time voucher for Déjā Vu for that night (while supplies last).

is this still valid now? was going to go on sunday to ride it one last time

So it's closed now right? When will it be dismantled? I hope they announce a replacement soon! Seems so silly that they gave up the Coaster Record so quickly.

• Circle of Ancients

Apparently they aren't wasting any time and there was already a crane and trucks on-site.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland55 View Post
    So it's closed now right? When will it be dismantled? I hope they announce a replacement soon! Seems so silly that they gave up the Coaster Record so quickly.
    With it gone, that opens up quite a space... I wouldn't be surprised if they have something up their sleeve. I don't think they'd want to give up the record so quickly, either.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast