• Minion

rip the log jammer

so who miss the log jammer i wont miss it was kinda boring going on it kinda maid fell i was castle park do u think they'' bring the long jammer and make look licke timber moution long ride at knots what next good old revslion
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• will-o-the-whip

Re: rip the log jammer

I'll miss the Log Jammer, but I'm always a sucker for a flume ride, and LG was a pretty good one that's wasn't short in duration.

More interestingly is the rumor that a big coaster will replace LG. It seems that MM is going for the coaster/thrill market crown and is slowly abandoning any pretense of appealing to families. I can't say I blame them and I think that's the right direction for MM since competing with DL and Legoland for young families is a lost cause. My greater fear is the collateral damage that could be Knott's continuing its folly of trying to compete with MM in coasters and thrills. Knott's is doomed to lose that battle with the collateral damage being the continuing sacrifice of theme and loss of appeal to young families. This will continue to lead to the decline of Knott's.

• C4C6C

I was at MM today. I spoke with a manager and asked her about log jammer. She indicated it was too expensive to maintain due to the constant upkeep on the pumps on a 40 year old ride.

She did confirm a roller coaster was going in and would be announced in 2012. She stated it would be a family coaster and that the lakes and waterfalls would remain along with all the landscaping.

• Minion

i hope they do something with revlotions as well make that look nicer
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

The pumps aren't so much the problem as the troughs themselves. Over the years the fiberglass starts to break down, requiring a lot of patching. There is only so much of that you can do before the labor starts eating into the budget. That, and the resin used in the big patches has a high VOC content and you run into EPA and DOSH issues with that. Apparently the cost of someone making new troughs is prohibitive , thus the removal of nearly every first generation Arrow flume in the US.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Second water ride taken out of the park in a year....Boooooo

I really wish they could just add a new water ride

i loved the log jammer. i like how it was actually outdoors instead of a large fake show building. and at night it was so relaxing

The Log Jammer was one of the best non-themed long rides in the states. I loved the night rides when the lights were far and few between, allowing you to forget that you are in the middle of a huge amusement park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Second water ride taken out of the park in a year....Boooooo
    Second? What was the first?

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Second? What was the first?
    Maybe he's talking about the Yosemite Sam's Falls (I think that's the name) that was replaced by the nicely themed kids coaster.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yeah.........If they put it in Hurricane Harbor then I would be pretty happy but they just ripped Yosemites ride out and put...another coaster

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Maybe he's talking about the Yosemite Sam's Falls (I think that's the name) that was replaced by the nicely themed kids coaster.
    Aha. Gotcha! I'd forgotten about that one... I hope they have a solid plan for this whole area- I really do.

---------- Post added 12-18-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^yeah.........If they put it in Hurricane Harbor then I would be pretty happy but they just ripped Yosemites ride out and put...another coaster
    It's Magic Mountain- roller coaster capital of the world... what do you expect?