• Circle of Ancients

Plans for Magic Mountain's 2013 coaster leaked

Normally I would put this in the "news" section, but since the park hasn't officially announced anything yet I figured it'd be best here (for now).

Six Flags Magic Mountain spills plans for record-setting coaster - latimes.com

Six Flags M
    agic Mountain is expected to add a terrain-hugging launched roller coaster in 2013 featuring the world's tallest loop, according to an employee who wasn't authorized to speak on behalf of the amusement park.
    A Magic Mountain mechanic inadvertently revealed closely guarded facts about the record-setting attraction while casually talking with a group of coaster enthusiasts during the recent West Coast Bash event at the Valencia amusement park. Details of the conversation quickly appeared on the Theme Park Review website and rapidly spread through the online coaster community.

The new multi-launch coaster will be called Full Throttle, according to the official Six Flags Facebook page.

Full Throttle's record-setting vertical loop is expected to top the Superman:Krypton coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, which holds the current title of world's tallest loop at 145 feet. Magic Mountain's own Viper , with a 144-foot-tall loop, is a close second, according to Roller Coaster Database.

Magic Mountain recently shuttered the Log Jammer
    water flume to make way for the 2013 coaster. The wooded six-acre parcel in the center of the park includes a sizable man-made lake that may play a role in the new attraction. Full Throttle may also make use of the old monorail tunnel that cuts through the hillside.
    Magic Mountain officials declined to comment on the specifics of the mechanic's revelations, saying only that the park does not respond to rumors or speculation. An official announcement on the new 2013 attraction will be made in late summer.

• Restless Adventurer

Re: Plans for Magic Mountain's 2013 coaster leaked

This new coaster sounds like a great replacement for the Goldrusher. It's sad that Six Flags would take a popular wet ride out of a very hot environment and not add another equally popular wet ride. Those things are so refreshing in the Valencia heat on a summer day!

• Circle of Ancients

GoldRusher isn't going anywhere. They took out Log Jammer.

• Restless Adventurer

I know that. That was my point. They took out the wrong attraction.

^How can you not love Gold Rusher?

The new coaster is a great idea if true.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

I hope that the size/height of the loop isn't the only record breaking aspect of this ride.

Also, I'm hoping that (if true), this ride will be lengthy. For a park with as many coasters as it has, it's kind of a shame that its longest coaster is only 4500 feet long. A coaster with more than one moment of airtime will be more than welcome.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

A log ride traded for this? Sucks...they have SOOO much other space for this type of ride and waste the beautiful area for some generic coaster (yeah yeah its going to have a bigger loop)...would have loved a REAL coaster ride that uses the nature around it to make a "Disney" type rollercoaster but what can you do

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    A log ride traded for this? Sucks...they have SOOO much other space for this type of ride and waste the beautiful area for some generic coaster (yeah yeah its going to have a bigger loop)...would have loved a REAL coaster ride that uses the nature around it to make a "Disney" type rollercoaster but what can you do
    the article stated it was going to be a terrain-hugging launched roller coaster. So it seems like they will be using the space well if the rumors are true.

I'm personally excited for this kind of ride. A lengthy launch coaster going through MM's natural landscape seems great, especially since the park only has 1 launch coaster (Superman) & few coasters dedicated to airtime.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yeah but there are much better ways to us the land...but heck this is why Six Flags makes the least amount of the BIG parks in CA...cause they can do some theme...but in the end just make a coaster kinda make it fit and then hafl *** the rest of the "look".......like Green Lantern cool Q...the ride on the other hand is just another coaster, so much lost potential

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^yeah but there are much better ways to us the land...but heck this is why Six Flags makes the least amount of the BIG parks in CA...cause they can do some theme...but in the end just make a coaster kinda make it fit and then hafl *** the rest of the "look".......like Green Lantern cool Q...the ride on the other hand is just another coaster, so much lost potential
    How do you know they aren't going to theme the coaster? We don't know anything about it, or even is rumored coaster is true. We will see, it it looks anything like Cheetah Hunt then I think it will look great going through the mountain.

I really hope they theme this well though! Seems they are keeping the Log Jammer station so I'm guessing they are trying to attempt the wilderness theme of the area. Fingers crossed.

Until I see concept art, I can't really say if they are using the land correctly. Log Jammer was just a log ride through the mountain, the new ride seems to be the same thing but a coaster. & Maybe even well themed. We will see.

• Functional & Decorative

There's a lot of very interesting terrain to be used at the log ride, so I think it could be pretty great. I'm sort of hoping for a Maverick/Cheetah Hunt-style ride, which this more or less sounds to be, large loop aside. Maverick adapted to the Log Ride site/Monorail tunnel has a ton of possibilities...
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• C4C6C

One less ride for the family to ride now.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???