Lightbulb Wanna ride Revolution as it was meant - NO shoulder bars and NO trim brakes?

I think everyone does!
    I'm new here - I hope it is ok to post this. It's not exactly "save the planet" or anything, but still a nice cause for coaster and theme park fans.

The facebook page is gaining momentum:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Resto...88480361172971

Check out the 1976 TV commercial!

After years and years of whining and complaining, someone is finally trying to get some attention, and try to restore a classic. The "committee" over there is looking for people to help out; ideas, suggestions, pictures - old and new, etc. Anything positive and towards a solution is welcome. ("It's never gonna happen" is tired; let's try to be part of the solution, here.)

Even if you doubt it happening - just hit the *like* button and share. When you are riding under those trees, speeding along on a cool summer night, free of the painful and view blocking shoulder harnesses - you can say you did your *little* part

The rumor that some California law prohibits the removal of the shoulder bars is false. Dead in the water. Triple verified. So it can happen. What it comes down to is for Six Flags to see a ROI on the investment to "fix up" the ride and let people enjoy this classic, beautiful coaster again.

Name:  575816_389973727690301_388480361172971_1265516_1328627420_n.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  91.2 KB

• Functional & Decorative

Re: Wanna ride Revolution as it was meant - NO shoulder bars and NO trim brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminCa View Post
    The rumor that some California law prohibits the removal of the shoulder bars is false. Dead in the water. Triple verified. So it can happen.
    I'd like to know your source for this. Because I've heard it triple verified otherwise, from management personally, and on multiple occasions. If it were really that easy, I'd imagine they would've done it by now.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Re: Wanna ride Revolution as it was meant - NO shoulder bars and NO trim brakes?

"CA follows practices rooted in the ASTM standards, which base all design requirements on the ride analysis performed by the manufacturer. The tricky bit with Revolution is that the manufacturer is not around anymore. But for Six Flags to take on the role of manufacturer and perform the analysis necessary to make that particular modification is certainly possible, and cold be done in a manner acceptable to DOSH...which has only limited jurisdiction over Magic Mountain to begin with."

EDIT - @above quote - I do believe Revolution was actually manufactured by Intamin (who is still in business) and brokered by Schwarzkopf (who is no longer around), but not 100% sure.

I think the rumors have been out of control over the years, and then park employees start telling folks stuff... you know - the lemon chill guy thing.

Sounds like adding the shoulder bars was a hasty and cheap quick-fix (for 1992 anyway) to stop people from not following ride rules. Things are much different now; parks have cameras all over the place, and there are slightly tighter lap bars that are available. It was also at a time when parks had just started actually checking restraints - within those few years. Now, I'm sure a place like Six Flags Magic Mountain has NO problem instructing ride operators to push folks lap bar all the way down to their lap.

I cannot argue all the fine points and what (to me), are some rumors mixed with why the changes really happened. I'm just spreading the word - I think it would be great to ride it again, full speed, with out those painful shoulder bars. It doesn't hurt anyone to hit the *like* button on facebook if they like an idea, etc. And perhaps spread the word...