Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: July 7th Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Finally Opens!!!

If X didn't scare Six Flags from building "first of their kind" rides, I don't think anything will.

It may make them re think going with Intamin as manufacture of choice.

• Circle of Ancients

Unless it was some kind of issue with the ride mechanism or a major mechanical issue, not sure you can put this delay on Intamin. With it only being a weeks delay I think that rules out any major mechanical issue and puts it in the category of "more testing needed". At least IMO.

From all accounts the improvements made to S:EFK last year have been nothing but positive and greatly improved the reliability of that ride. The issues with GL:FF are issues SFMM created themselves by not running the ride the way it was intended to be run.

Rumor is the new ride will be a Mack coaster so who knows if/when they'll be working with Intamin again anyway.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^ya in the log jammer site
    isnt the rumer name full throttle

• C4C6C

Was at the opening today so the kids could ride. They got onto the 3rd ride.

Anyways, I was timing the ride from the time it started going up to when it went up again. This would include in between the drop and the unloading and loading sequence. The employees were averaging about 2 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes 45 seconds.

At 2 1/2, and max 16 riders, that's a max of 384 riders an hour. Not much of a crowd mover. Take into account, management was out helping also load and unload so each side had two people working the load/unload. We all know this will soon disappear and one employee per side will be assigned and the fast moving pace will slow down. I would assume the employees are working fast because management is there.

I would expect to see this ride drop to under 300 an hour soon.

The line was very long after my kids got off and the wait time was heard to be at 2 hours and thousands of people were still coming to the park.

About 12pm or so, the ride got stuck half way up. Didn't see how they got down, but it appeared to be closed for awhile after that.

Interesting is there is only one drum in the middle of the ride so both sides will always go up simultaneously. The original video simulation showed each side working independently. So if one side breaks, the whole ride shuts down.

Everyone seemed happy and excited coming off the ride. One lady was shaking so badly she had to sit down for awhile to get her composure back.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^thanks for the review....i hope to go on the ride in a week or two..pretty excited

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Went on it....took us....25 mins to get on

The Q...up to the loading are is one of there best, fun ride but nothing I'll wait more then 10 mins for now, its fun and better then nothing but the capacity is pretty low

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12