Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Talking July 7th Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Finally Opens!!!

Mark your calenders cause Lex Luther is dropping in June 30th at Six Flags Magic Mountain...all I can say is Finally and Can't wait

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: June 30th Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Finally Opens!!!

yaaaaaa

• 5 Star

For the sake of this forum, do you have the source you heard that from?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^the video is from the Six Flags Youtube account, don't think they would lie

• 5 Star

Sorry. The pop up looked like the original video that debuted earlier last year, so I didnt watch it. You are probably right then.

• C4C6C

Watched them testing the ride this evening. The seats took almost 3 minutes to reach the top. I hope this is for testing purposes only, otherwise, another low ridership ride at SFMM. Figure in a total of one minute for drop (with braking etc) and knowing MM's slow loading, probably another 3 to 4 minutes. Maybe 7 to 8 rides per side an hour? Max 128 people an hour at that rate? Even if they can get in one ride every 5 minutes per side, that's a max total of 192 riders an hour. I don't know what they have advertised for the ride.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Circle of Ancients

We were at SFHH yesterday and I was hoping to get some video of the ride testing. Unfortunately they were only lifting/lowering the ride while we were there.

As for the 3 minutes to reach the top, I'm almost positive that's for testing only. It shouldn't take anywhere near that long. I'd say it probably has a 1-1:30 minute ride cycle time.

All that said, the ride looks CRAZY!!! I'm a bit nervous to ride this thing on Thursday.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

All that said, the ride looks CRAZY!!! I'm a bit nervous to ride this thing on Thursday.
    Yes it did!!! When they dropped the car, or whatever you want to call the seats, it was pretty scary just watching it from the ground.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Circle of Ancients

Re: July 7th Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Finally Opens!!!

Just heard from the park that the ride is going to be delayed a week. Media Day is now July 6th which means the opening date will likely be July 7th.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Yessss

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Circle of Ancients

From the SFMM Facebook:

Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom news...World records sometimes take longer than expected. The official drop date has been rescheduled to Saturday, July 7. Stay tuned our loyal fans. For the bravest of pass holders who have registered for the “Early Drop Time” events, watch your email for new dates.

• C4C6C

This makes sense since the employees probably haven't even had a chance to operate the ride yet and have people ride it.

• keh!

ugh... i get nervous when it comes to freefall rides. i can handle Tower of Terror perfectly, and it took me a good while to finally ride Supreme Scream at Knotts (which i now love by the way). and Big Shot in Vegas is fun... but when Freefall was at Six Flags, i rode it once and hated it, lol. it was just too much for me. it was actually my very first freefall type ride. if Lex Luthor is anything like that, i won't be riding : /

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    From the SFMM Facebook:

?

Not trying to complain but they really....should have not let it be open after the 4th of July...just seems like a bad idea and they might lose a little money over it...could be wrong

• Circle of Ancients

I don't think it's going to be THAT big of a deal. SFMM isn't a big "July 4th" park. I don't even think they are doing Fireworks.

You figure if the ride is going to open for the next 20+ years, a weeks delay isn't going to be that big of a deal.

I just wonder if these consistent delays are going to make the park rethink any future rides being "first of their kind" or "record breakers".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast