Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Six Flags Inconsistencies

I have notices way too many signs and descriptions of rides and areas that have different names. Ex: On the Fright Fest Maps this year, The area up on top of the large hill was labeled as Ninja Summit, when it is usually named Samurai Summit. Jetstream/Arrowhead Splashdown has two different signs outside the entrance to the queue line. It used to be called Jetstream, but after a new sponsorship by Arrowhead they changed the named to Arrohead Splashdown. If there were inconsistant signs at Disneyland.....wait, there wouldn't be any inconsistencies at Disneyland. Six Flags has got to figure out one name for the area and rides, and make sure the name is consistant with signage, park maps, and on-line descriptions. Anybody else agree?

• C4C6C

Smile Re: Six Flags Inconsistencies

Remember, SFMM used to have a paint company (possible still do) as a sponsor, and they never painted the park. Why would they change the signs.

The intelligence level of most of the park customers (no one on this board of course) is not that high, so they probably don't notice. High marks to you though for noticing!!!!!

Re: Six Flags Inconsistencies

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert
    Remember, SFMM used to have a paint company (possible still do) as a sponsor, and they never painted the park. Why would they change the signs.

The intelligence level of most of the park customers (no one on this board of course) is not that high, so they probably don't notice. High marks to you though for noticing!!!!!
    Thanks, well...I see it every day, and being a disneyland minutia enthusiest, I better have noticed it!

• Official Mice Chat person

The crowd that Six Flags aims at probably doesn't give a hoot, but us Disney upper class folk take pride in Consistency

Haha... Seriously Though.

• ZiGzAg [C.C.C.]

idk if this matters, but i was at the Collossus sweets store on wednesday, and there were postcards, and there was one w/ a picture of Arrowhead Splashdown, but it was titled Jet Stream.... i was thrown off...

i like the name Jet Stream better than Arrowhead Splashdown (kinda random...)

sorry, see below

Jet stream, sound un-commercialized. It does sound better.
    I also think that the sponsor of an attraction or area, should change the name of the place. Ex: Arrowhead splashdown, Laser Pop (Magic Moments Theater Laser Show) used to be called Laser Rocks. Any gueses on who is currently sponsoring that theater right now?

• ZiGzAg [C.C.C.]

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    Jet stream, sound un-commercialized. It does sound better.
    I also think that the sponsor of an attraction or area, should change the name of the place. Ex: Arrowhead splashdown, Laser Pop (Magic Moments Theater Laser Show) used to be called Laser Rocks. Any gueses on who is currently sponsoring that theater right now?
    what is Lazer Pop???? i saw a sign on the map between Gold Rusher and the old Surge kiosk thing, but it said that it was closed

Lazer Pop is a show inside Magic Moments theater, which is a laser, fog, and light show, all syncronized to four or five different songs. Basically a Six Flags version of....well, it's just a six flags-quality show.

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    Lazer Pop is a show inside Magic Moments theater, which is a laser, fog, and light show, all syncronized to four or five different songs. Basically a Six Flags version of....well, it's just a six flags-quality show.
    Six Flags Fiesta Texas' live shows have won some IAAPA "Big-E" awards, and Love at First Fright at Six Flags Great America won 2005's Best Overall Production: $25,001 to $50,000 USD.

It's a Magic Mountain show...
    Last edited by Hector; 01-04-2006 at 12:52 AM.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Circle of Ancients

I saw SFFT's shows and honestly, I didn't think they were that great. I think IAAPA was so looking to give awards to somebody besides Disney for a change that they saw a mediocre (at best) show and gave it an award.

• Why do you keep talking?

Eh, the last one they one was last year for their sport show, 2004 they got an honorable mention for The Amazing Chinese Acrobats in Best Overall Production: $100,001 to $200,000 USD

Plus Disney doesn't submit their shows for the Big-E's (The park must send a DVD or tape to be judged of the show) so it's not like IAAPA has anything to do with that aspect.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

I do have to say though, that the kids show at SFMM, The Warner Brothers Kids Club Show, is quite popular amongst the target age range, and even with teenagers and parents, playing the games sometime. Of course it is not an extravaganza. But rather just a small theater, with a great interactive show to complement it. It goes to show, that not everybody want to see huge productions, but can appreciate smaller shows as well.

• On the Highway in the Sky

Well...living in the Dallas Texas area, I have "honor" of being able to visit the flagship park whenever I want - Six Flags Over Texas!. Let me tell you, the inconsistencies here are stunning. My favorite, however is just to the right of the entrance past the Loony Toons kids area. On your left, you have SpongeBob 4D. The concept here is pretty good but is VERY poorly executed (I am spoiled on Disney). The fun part about it is that this was built as a "Right Stuff" simulator type ride (but without the sim, just a room full of moving tamdem seats in front of a big movie screen). All the rides around it were made, named, and "decorated" like Air Force / Astronaut training activities ("Splash Water" - a log ride without the logs - was a splashdown "simultation" and "Wildcatter" - a 10 story freefall ride - was a reenty "simulation"). Well, this Right Stuff ride has changed about three times (a coaster simulation - a dinosaur hunt - SpongeBob), yet the building still looks like an airplane hanger and, while the adjacent rides have had names changed, there are still space capsules and other "military" looking decor on the rides.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yeah, but that SpongeBob ride ROCKS. I wish SFMM would get that. It would help the family audience immediately.

Unfortunately SFMM doesn't have the infrastructure that SFOT has to just replace movies easily. They'd have to either convert one of their existing theatres or build an entirely new theatre.

Not likely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast