Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: Hurricane Harbor Ruined with Flashpass...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    So having a two tiered system whereby some are allowed to cut the lines slows things down for everybody else? You don't say.
    Amazing, ain't it, how there's no such thing as a free lunch?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Amazing, ain't it, how there's no such thing as a free lunch?
    Quoted for truth!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

You also have to look at the attendance for each park. The average attendance for Disneyland is typically more than 20,000 with 60,000 being a busy day.

Hurricane Harbor's busiest days don't see more than 5,000 people. I'd say their typical day is probably around 2,000. So to bring up Disneyland's theoretical capacity to compare it to a water park doesn't compute.

Secondly, none of Disneyland's rides have a theoretical capacity as high as the Wave Pool or Lazy River at SFHH.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    You also have to look at the attendance for each park. The average attendance for Disneyland is typically more than 20,000 with 60,000 being a busy day.

Hurricane Harbor's busiest days don't see more than 5,000 people. I'd say their typical day is probably around 2,000. So to bring up Disneyland's theoretical capacity to compare it to a water park doesn't compute.

Secondly, none of Disneyland's rides have a theoretical capacity as high as the Wave Pool or Lazy River at SFHH.
    Yes but if say 100 people want to go on a slide...that can take upwards of an over an hour to get everyone on it...and there are what maybe 10 slides there?

Meaning if only 50 people want to go on one slide and each slide has that kinda line....that it only takes 500 people to make every ride have a 30-60 min wait

Disneyland has many rides like Small World, Pirates, mermaid...etc to get people to all be on the ride an not wait

The Lazy river is fine but not something I'm paying 30 bucks for...and the Wave pool closes like every 30 mins.......

I'm just saying all this system is doing is adding too many people to rides that have low capacity and making it where the people with more cash get to ride more.....not anything like the Free Fastpass system

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

I've gone to HH three times since they added the system.. The lines to get your inner tube have definitely been impacted by the Flash Pass.. Before the FP, none of the slides I ever recall really had to use switchback systems, but most of them are full in the summer now.

On the flip side, I did use the system once when my friends' family had bought them and I was with them, and must say, it's super awesome when you use it! SUCH a timesaver! You can just sit in the lazy river waiting for your ridetime without baking in line! Plus, its a good value for only $10!

Interesting note: When I did buy it, the entire system went down for the waterpark for about half the day. Instead of refunding us all, they simply acted as "cut to the front immediately" passes!
    Because Bert Said So!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12