Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Never Coming Back.

My last visit to Magic Mountain was in 2004 and I never returned. It was just as the OP described. And on that day I did go in 2004...my sister and I *barely* missed a park wide riot because we left 30 minutes before it. We lucked out that day. But my philosophy is..if they have to have a full out Sherrif's Station IN the park....there is probably alot of nastiness.

• Minion

I actually had the direct opposite visit then you had. When I went I thought the park has really shaped up since the last time I went 6 years ago. All the employees seemed generally happy to be at work and wait times were minimal. The only thing I didn't like what that most eating places didn't open til later on in the day.
    Jeff Wayne

• Circle of Ancients

Sorry you had a bad visit.

It's too bad you didn't visit in about 2009/2010 when the park was looking better than it has in the last 15-20 years. They were really making an effort to clean the place up, paint things, etc. Now, sadly, they've gone back to this "Xtreme Park" mentality. I guess on the bright side is every time they put in one of these new coasters they have been re-themeing the area around it. DC Universe last year, Lex Luthor this year and the Full Throttle area next year.

Also, in the parks defense, they have gotten a LOT better with security, etc. Yes they have a Sheriff sub-station, but guess what, so does Disneyland.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    But my philosophy is..if they have to have a full out Sherrif's Station IN the park....there is probably alot of nastiness.
    Yea...kind of like Disneyland having the Anaheim police department on site also.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Yes I know that the Anaheim PD is on site. But how many times have you actually seen them in full force in the parks? That is kind of what I meant. This is almost a daily thing for Six Flags. Of course, I haven't been there since 2004 but I have heard as much.
    Then again, the Disneyland Anaheim P.D. could just hide their physical arresst from the public by taking it out of public view as soon as it happens. I really don't know.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I've been to the park more than most non-employees the last 2 1/2 years (40 times) and I've NEVER seen the PD out in full force. This includes weekends, Fright Fest, Special Events, Concerts, etc.

Yes, the park isn't perfect, but please don't state second-hand statements as fact. It's simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I've been to the park more than most non-employees the last 2 1/2 years (40 times) and I've NEVER seen the PD out in full force. This includes weekends, Fright Fest, Special Events, Concerts, etc.

Yes, the park isn't perfect, but please don't state second-hand statements as fact. It's simply not true.
    I see. Well I did say that my last visit was back in 2004 and there was a riot that day. So my last visit was a bad one as far as that goes.

But I also said that it probably has changed since then. I wouldn't know I haven't been there since 2004. But I will admit to saying my "fact" you are refering to is highly based on my last visit and what I have heard or seen on news. So I will claim it to be more opinion I suppose if that makes you feel better.

Bottom line...I would not go back there personally, myself.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yes, lots can change in 8 years.

I love the rides there but yes it is a bit of a downgrade from Disney...that's for sure...we love thrill rides though and Disney just doesn't have enough of them...and the ones they have are so scattered it takes a lot of walking to ride them.

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 10:25 PM ----------

And lets not even discuss price...Disney is getting ridiculous.....especially with not offering payment options to out of state people who probably go more than some California residents.

Hey, I was just looking over at magic mountain's website, but the "buy at least 3 days in advance" tickets aren't available. Where are they? I couldn't buy one in September because they expired on the 30th of that month. But where are they now? Are they going to force me to buy a Fright Night Ticket?

If that's the case....

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yeah, looks like the $44.99 ticket is the best one right now.

If you are doing all day/all night though, the "Monster Pack" looks like a great value for $91.94. Includes Admission, Fright Fest Express pass ($25), Fright Feast ($25) and parking ($17). Overall you save about $20.

I've come to terms with the fact that you go to Magic Mountain for rides, there is no Disney wow factor to the rides ques, the buildings, or restaurants. It's like going to a County Fair, buy a corn dog ride the ferris wheel and then get the heck outta dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by planetsix View Post
    Growing up and going, I kind of got used to the park, so when I go, I don't expect much anymore, but rather go for the rides.
    I'm pretty much the same way. Lately I only go when they get a big new ride (or after they've gotten a few big new rides) and they seem to make some effort around those times. I'm actually looking forward to Full Throttle.

• Circle of Ancients

Went to the park for a bit today (HUGE park update coming later this week ... smaller one tomorrow) and I actually had a nice day just wandering around the park. Only rode Sky Tower, Ninja, Colossus and Slingshot but I actually had a nice few hours in the park. Wasn't that busy, didn't notice any issues with any guests or rides, etc.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Sounds like you had a typical Magic Mountain day. I was at the park on 7-11-12 and had a very similar experience, frustrating day to say the least.

The park is regressing back to its 2005/2006 state.

Its a shame too because from 2007-2010 the park made some great strides in guest service and cleanliness.
    Well, it seems like nothing's really changed since the nineties then. 97' was the last time I went to the park. At least it seems like the clusters of gangsters have become non-apparent. +1 for progress!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast