Big People At Six Flags Magic Mountain

My 21 year old brother and I are planning a visit to California in February next year.

I am 5'8 and about 295 pounds.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences of going to Six Flags Magic Mountain and rides they could and could not get on?

Thank you

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Big People At Six Flags Magic Mountain

You may have an issue on some of the rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain:

Batman, Riddlers Revenge, Scream: These rides have "Big Boy Seats" that will accommodate bigger people. They are typically on rows 4 or 5 and you can see the difference as they have 2 seatbelts.
    Tatsu, X2, Colossus, Goliath, Viper, Revolution, Superman, Ninja: You shouldn't have any problems with these rides.
    Apocalypse: There is a seatbelt on this ride that may be an issue
    Gold Rusher: These trains are small, but if you do the "Ankle Cross" you should be ok.
    Green Lantern: Haven't heard any issues with this ride and bigger guests, my guess is you should be fine.
    Road Runner Express, Canyon Blaster: These are kiddie coasters, you may have issues with this ride.
    Magic Flyer: You must be under 54" to ride so no go.
    Water Rides: I can't foresee any issues with these.
    Flat Rides: You may have an issue with The Flash and Swashbuckler. They haveshort seat belts. Rest should be fine.

New Coaster: Not sure what it is yet so won't know if it will be an issue. Check back Thursday when we do our update.

Thank you. I was worried that me and my brother would go there and I wouldn't be able to go on anything but by the sounds of things there should at least be some things I can go on.

Thanks for your fast response

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    You may have an issue on some of the rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain:

Batman, Riddlers Revenge, Scream: These rides have "Big Boy Seats" that will accommodate bigger people. They are typically on rows 4 or 5 and you can see the difference as they have 2 seatbelts.
    Tatsu, X2, Colossus, Goliath, Viper, Revolution, Superman, Ninja: You shouldn't have any problems with these rides.
    Apocalypse: There is a seatbelt on this ride that may be an issue
    Gold Rusher: These trains are small, but if you do the "Ankle Cross" you should be ok.
    Green Lantern: Haven't heard any issues with this ride and bigger guests, my guess is you should be fine.
    Road Runner Express, Canyon Blaster: These are kiddie coasters, you may have issues with this ride.
    Magic Flyer: You must be under 54" to ride so no go.
    Water Rides: I can't foresee any issues with these.
    Flat Rides: You may have an issue with The Flash and Swashbuckler. They haveshort seat belts. Rest should be fine.

New Coaster: Not sure what it is yet so won't know if it will be an issue. Check back Thursday when we do our update.
    Batman and Riddlers Revenge DO NOT have big boy seats.

B&M didn't start putting "big boy seats" on their rides until around 1997 and no B&M stand up coaster built to date has a "big boy seats" option.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Really? I thought they did. LOL

OK, so Batman/Riddlers may be an issue then.

I can only speak of the Six Flags in St. Louis, but I imagine it is the same everywhere. When I was near 300 pounds, I could not ride any coaster that had the harness that snapped between your legs. So in St. Louis I could not ride the Batman or the Superman. I am happy to say that I lost 60 pounds and this summer I could ride both of those rides.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/