Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

I think this ride is awesome! They should re-do all their rides with the same mentality put into this one!

Revolution should just drop you straight into the loop and be over with.

Tatsu should go right into the pretzel and be done.

Superman can stay how it is.

The rest should just leave the station and go right back in!

Why waste time with the 'boring' parts of a ride.

• Goofy

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

wow that one looks great. i love that is a long loop. oh wow.

so lame! cant believe they took out a great log flume ride for this? the log jammer will be missed

• Disney friends are #1

On the same day that SFMM announced this Full Throttle, their website revealed it's new season pass pricing. Purchase 4 Thrill Passes at the same time and they will ALL get upgraded to Gold Passes (Premium w/parking!) for free! That's not all. Right now you can purchase a Gold Pass for only $114.99! This pass will include admission to EVERY S.F. park (including water parks) that S.F. owns! Free friend tickets, early entry to the parks, passholder only events, a coupon book,buy now and the pass is good for the remainder of 2012 and all of 2013, ERT events, discounted admission tickets for friends, and more!

I have been begging Six Flags for years to offer a premium combo pass for both MM and HH. This is even better as the previous separate Premium passes to the two Valencia parks were $125 each ($250 total). A combo pass has been offered in past years for $99 but it never offered the benefits of a Premium). This offer is LESS than what a single Premium Pass used to cost. In this age where Disney has gone crazy with the price increases, it's really shocking that S.F. has cut the price of their premium pass (vs. getting the 2 premiums before) by more than half! The website says that the 4-pass upgrade offer lasts until January 6th. While I won't be getting the 4 pass upgrade, I will be getting my single Gold Pass this weekend and will happily be using it throughout it's current 16 month lifespan (remainder of 2012 through 1013). Best offer I've seen for a theme park junkie like myself in a long time.

Oh, btw. the new coaster looks pretty cool too. Definitely will be in line for that one! Hoping for a few passholder only preview days. Fingers crossed.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Restless Adventurer

I am HIGHLY disappointed. I was hoping for another signature ride like X2 or Tatsu (Just as The Great American Revolution and Colossus were signature when they opened). Add 3 or 4 more elements and you would have a GREAT ride. But like Superman, this seems to launch you just to brake you right after. This is my same disappointment on Goliath; all that speed only to break you for a whimpy ending.

Who ever planned this made a BIG MISTAKE; this could have replaced the Goldrush and everyone would have been very happy. On the other hand, the Log Jammer; flume, lake, trees, will be surely missed!

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by MrTour View Post
    This is my same disappointment on Goliath; all that speed only to break you for a whimpy ending.
    The "centrifuge", where most people grey out, is a wimpy ending to you?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^was going to say......I love coasters but sometimes the end of the ride is TOO fast and power ful...my head almost always gets light headed at the end

I think this coaster is a big mistake for Magic Mountain. First, it clearly looks like this is another low capacity ride, which after Lex Luthor makes two in a row that cannot take a lot of people an hour. The simple fact remains, the temperature can reach over 100 here in Santa Clarita and removing one of the water rides and replace it with a coaster is just a bad decision. Instead, why not make a next generation water ride, maybe something that has a great final drop like Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure. Adding a water ride also adds a ride that can be enjoyed by more people in a family, which Magic Mountain is really missing out on. The land and area was already made for a water ride, since it had Log Jammer there before it.

If your going to go for a largest, fastest, coaster....why not go then with breaking the height and speed record with something like Kingda Ka. They have two of these monsters in the east but not one on the west. Full Throttle might be fun but I don't think it really adds anything that new. The backwards launch serves no purpose to me. If they had a switchtrack installed, where half the ride is going forward and half the ride going backwards might have been something.

• Restless Adventurer

Well, the second half of Goliath could have used some of the speed and momentum and use it like the Desperado. Yes, Goliath has a great ending, but there's just something missing in the middle.

• Disney friends are #1

Quote Originally Posted by MrTour View Post
    Well, the second half of Goliath could have used some of the speed and momentum and use it like the Desperado. Yes, Goliath has a great ending, but there's just something missing in the middle.
    I have always thought that when there's a brake midway through the ride where the coaster loses a lot of momentum (Goliath, Viper, Scream, etc.) that there could have been some sort of fun piece of track that could have utilized the momentum. When the ride goes from 50mph. to zero mph. due to a mid-ride brake, it always makes me wonder if this is a cheat (to reduce the amount it cost to build-due to a shorter track) when it could have been one, hopefully long, thrill from beginning to end.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasorbust View Post
    I think this coaster is a big mistake for Magic Mountain. First, it clearly looks like this is another low capacity ride, which after Lex Luthor makes two in a row that cannot take a lot of people an hour.
    If you think about it, this will actually be the 4th low-capacity ride they've put in the last 3 years:

2013 - Full Throttle
    2012 - Lex Luthor
    2011 - Green Lantern, Road Runner Express

And I will say, I'd rather have Full Throttle than Kingda Ka if I'm being totally honest.

• 5 Star

Has anyone considered that they may better landscape the area and that the video was bare to better show off the coaster?

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    so lame! cant believe they took out a great log flume ride for this? the log jammer will be missed
    Log Jammer had to be taken out either way. It wasn't to make room for this coaster.

• Disney friends are #1

I went to the Six Flags company website and clicked on "New for 2013" which shows the new rides for the various parks. Ours (Magic Mountain) is is getting the best ride of the bunch! Other parks are getting glorified carnival rides (Screaming Eagles) or an additional water slide for a couple of their water parks. While most of the Six Flags parks are getting SOMETHING, we are by far getting the best of what is being offered.

If only Log Jammer had been better maintained. I remember going on that when I was 10 (I'm 48 now!) and it was a leaky mess with a patched together flume even then. I remember asking my dad "is this thing even safe?" at that time . Jet Stream (and particularly it's ride vehicles) seems every bit equal to how rickety Log Jammer had gotten (the actual logs were in better shape than Jet Stream's currently water filled boats). How long does Jet Stream have before it too is replaced by yet another coaster???

To me, the scariest thril ride of the park is the bouncy tram ride from the parking lot to the entrance. Definitely a white knuckle ride if there ever was one!

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    To me, the scariest thril ride of the park is the bouncy tram ride from the parking lot to the entrance. Definitely a white knuckle ride if there ever was one!
    I agree!
    A couple years ago my mom and I almost fell out when that did that quick turn haha. Didn't have chains on the doors either.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast