Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

Another new picture from Premier rides. I didn't realize it'd be that low over Superman plaza.

Name:  72492_512492478793275_1244722772_n.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  87.9 KB

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

Dang, this is low to the ground. Can't wait to ride this.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Disney friends are #1

The close proximity to the Superman Plaza has me worried. There doesn't seem to be any sort of protection for either the guests below, or the riders above. What I mean is, what's to keep some idiot from tossing something into the air just as a train is passing? Kind of like when someone drops something into freeway traffic from an overpass...only in reverse. All someone has to do is toss a penny into the air and if a passenger on the coaster gets hit by it, physical damage can be done to the rider. And on the flip side, what if something falls out of the coaster as it's passing over the crowd in the Superman Plaza? Other coasters at MM that contain sections that go over the non-riding public (Tatsu, Scream, Batman: The Ride) either are fenced off or are separated by distance. Full Throttle comes so close to the Superman Plaza that some people might just be tempted to do something stupid.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Functional & Decorative

Let's wait until the ride is finished being built before we worry needlessly. Besides, the non-riding public has been able to walk under corkscrew loops at Cedar Point for years.

That said, if you ask me, the public temptation will be to lean if not climb those supports by the fence if they don't get blocked off. But I figure SFMM would realize this as well, and will exercise caution in the name of not getting a lawsuit later on. So I'd hope it'd be taken care of by the time the ride opens.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

Picture from today. A full update this week!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Here's the thing about the track, there are rides in pretty much EVERY park where somebody could conceivably throw something from the train or to the track, including SFMM. From my recollection this isn't something that's ever happened. I mean, the last turn of Revolution has come close to the walkway there since it opened.

I agree that this is a little different than those but I don't think it's going to be an issue.

• Disney friends are #1

Thanks for posting the great pics SIR Clinksalot. I have a soft spot for SFMM as it was my earliest memory of going to a theme park. Plus, I still have the handy-dandy, rip-roaring, high tech, light up, ultra modern, space age technologically advanced, Green Lantern Yo-Yo! I'm 49 years young and that Yo-Yo brings a smile every time I see it. It would be cool if there were a forthcoming Full Throttle Yo-Yo in the future (hint, hint!).
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Circle of Ancients

^ Well, I did get to keep the Full Throttle Construction hat but I think that's going to be a raffle for the Gumball Rally.

Not sure what surprises the park will have in store for Full Throttle.

• Circle of Ancients

Another shot from Premier Rides. Coming out of the loop. Twisty.
    Name:  527711_518047354904454_404366458_n.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  171.4 KB

• Circle of Ancients

Went to the park for a bit today after the Kings games. A little teaser.

• New Member Goes Forth

That coaster is looking awsome
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's a video I recorded on 4/1/2013. At 22 seconds into the video you can see how LOW that thing is to the ground with a group of people standing next to it.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 04-02-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Goofy

wow that is a good shot there.

• 5 Star

Is the high sierra area that they were remodeling open yet? Just wondering because the update featured the new park maps and it looked like the area was open.

I Have some construction photos update ! allparkaccess - FULL THROTTLE UPDATE I cant wait for this to open!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast