Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• keh!

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

Does the line move swiftly? Slowly? X2-ish?

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Does the line move swiftly? Slowly? X2-ish?
    I would have to say that the line move rather quickly, but not too slow. For example, if you are standing in the middle of the big overhead tent, it will take about 30 min or so to get on the ride.

By the way, each train holds 18 riders, so if the train dispatch every 1.5 minute and you have 2 trains running, the capacity per hour is roughly 720 riders per hour.

Also here's a video I recorded this morning of Full Throttle off-ride & on-ride video.

We got to the park at 8:30AM and was able to get on it twice in the 1 hour time frame after that the wait time grew to nearly 2 to 3 hours wait when we left the park at 11:45AM.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 06-24-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Goofy

wow that looks great. how intense is the ride?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    I would have to say that the line move rather quickly, but not too slow. For example, if you are standing in the middle of the big overhead tent, it will take about 30 min or so to get on the ride.

By the way, each train holds 18 riders, so if the train dispatch every 1.5 minute and you have 2 trains running, the capacity per hour is roughly 720 riders per hour.
    Problem is they are not using the rear seat which brings capacity down to 16 max. And they are not hitting the 1.5 minute launch times. They were averaging about 1:45 and that is with extra employees working the ride which is typical of a new ride. Within months, they will be down to a smaller crew which will make the waits longer. Think along the line of 500 riders per hour max and that is with no problems.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• New Member Goes Forth

Burwell, Norfolk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Similar to Thirteen at Alton Towers here in the UK, a great concept, fun to ride, but not the best roller coaster in the park
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Got to go on it today, for the first time. What a ride!! The air/hang time is INSANE!!! My only complaint is: why did they have to make the ride so short?!? So much unused potential.

Still- what a rush!! Can't wait to go on it again!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Similar to Thirteen at Alton Towers here in the UK, a great concept, fun to ride, but not the best roller coaster in the park
    Sadly, I actually think it IS the best coaster in the park. What does that tell you about my opinions of the rest of the coasters in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Got to go on it today, for the first time. What a ride!! The air/hang time is INSANE!!! My only complaint is: why did they have to make the ride so short?!? So much unused potential.

Still- what a rush!! Can't wait to go on it again!
    Agreed. The ride could have easily been another 500-1000 feet and really been something special instead of yet another gimmick coaster.

I recently was at SFMM and I went on this coaster. Waiting two hours for a ride that was less that 2 minutes was kind of disappointing, but other than that I did enjoy it. It was very fast and you feel very safe. The tophat was scary but so much fun. Im glad I went on it, I think if you look past the flaws of it, you might actually enjoy the ride. I would enjoy log jammer, and I wish they kept it, but SFMM is all about the records. I think they shouldve put it where dejavu used to be and kept log jammer. It wouldve made more sense and people would enjoy the ride much more.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456