Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coaster

Full Throttle | New for 2013

Coming in 2013!
    Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coaster

In 2013 Six Flags Magic Mountain is going Full Throttle with another world-record: the tallest, fastest looping roller coaster in the world! Unlike traditional coasters, this unique, one-of-a-kind triple launch coaster will take the coaster experience to the next generation with a never-been-done-before launch up and over a “Top Hat” that traces the outside of a world-record 160-foot loop — plus a zero to 70 miles-per-hour acceleration on two forward launches and one backward launch into and out of an underground tunnel.

Your record-breaking adventure will take place through the park’s distinctive mountainous terrain onboard sleek trains that suddenly accelerate from zero to 70 miles-per-hour in the first of three launches, sending you blasting through the first inversion, the inside of the world-record 160-foot tall loop. You’ll then enter into a high-banked curve to the right and then to the left as you approach the second gut-wrenching inversion — a Dive Loop that rapidly drops you into a dark underground tunnel. After a brief stop, you’ll suddenly be launched backwards up to the high point of the Dive Loop where you’ll be dropped and magnetically launched a third time, racing out of the tunnel and through a high G-turn to the left. You’ll then shoot up and over the outside of the World Record loop, where you’ll experience significant air time and a breath-taking view of the park as you drop back down to Earth, rapidly decelerating and taking the final 180-degree turn to the left, returning to the station where you can catch your breath.

Full Throttle will be located near the front of the park in a newly themed five-acre section where guests will experience high-energy action through fast-paced imagery, sound and lights. With this addition, Six Flags Magic Mountain, the Thrill Capital of the World, firmly holds the coveted “Coaster Capital of the World” crown — with a total of 18 roller coasters — more than any other theme park on the planet.

“Six Flags is known world-wide as the industry leader in next generation thrills. And, bar none, Six Flags Magic Mountain leads the pack, offering the biggest and the best … always,” said Bonnie Rabjohn, Six Flags Magic Mountain park president. “As we mark our 42nd anniversary of operation, we’re ready to take Southern California by storm, yet again, with the most comprehensive collection of thrilling roller coasters anywhere in the world.”

Full Throttle is the perfect addition to the park’s coaster collection, joining other adrenaline-pumping coasters, including Tatsu — the tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster in the world; X2 — the world’s first and only 5th dimensional coaster; Apocalypse — the next generation of wooden coasters; and Goliath — the “giant among giants” mega coaster.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

It looks interesting enough, but it's yet another taller/faster/whatever record breaker for SFMM. I'm sure it will be enjoyable. I like the idea of multiple launches (means they can stack multiple trains), but I don't understand that backwards launch (psych-out launch?).

I'm disappointed, from the video - this doesn't look like a terrain coaster at all (short of the first launch). It looks interesting, and enjoyable. Can't wait to give it a ride and see what I really think!
    -Monorail Man

• Circle of Ancients

Re: NEW FOR 2013 at SFMM, Full Throttle: The World’s Tallest and Fastest Looping Coas

We are on the Six Flags conference call right now and will be bringing you a full report on all of the announcements throughout the chain later this morning.

• Team Hail HYDRA

yes monorail man
    i dont like the backwards launch

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Man...if the ride didn't look so good...i would not go on it...just because they put "Yolo" at the beginning of the video...

I didn't get why anyone was against the backwards launch....until i saw..it didn't go anywhere...why not just make it go backs wards for a while?

It's a shame they didn't really make use that area being filled with water. That would have been a good looking coaster.
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• Circle of Ancients

Just showed my 14 year-old son the video and his comment was "I'd rather have Log Jammer".

I'm just disappointed they didn't use the terrain for this at all, it's a "Gimmick", nothing more, nothing less and is pretty much an out/back coaster. They have all this room they cleared by removing Log Jammer and they aren't using ANY of it.

I still think they are going to put some water around the area because the pump houses are still there. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i hoped a helix around a lake would happen

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

What's with all the negative. sure it is a little gimmicky but i was impressed by one element... tophat that connects with the loop! Siriouslouy the coaster is cool and is the return of the flying snake dive!
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Functional & Decorative

It looks fine. I'll ride it, and probably even enjoy it. But at the same time, there seems like there was a major opportunity to do something far, far superior (like a Maverick). Seems a bit of a waste. YOLO doesn't help, either.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    What's with all the negative. sure it is a little gimmicky but i was impressed by one element... tophat that connects with the loop! Siriouslouy the coaster is cool and is the return of the flying snake dive!
    I think is less about what the ride is...and how they had this beautiful area of the park..destroyed it for this? They have other area's int he park (like where deja vu) for a ride like this...people wanted something with a theme and used the nice environment like Log Jammer did thats all

• C4C6C

I am looking at yet another low capacity ride. 18 riders max per train. Even if SFMM can pull off 1 train a minute, which they won't, AND they actually fill the trains, which they won't, that's a max of 1080 riders an hour. So a more real number is about 800 riders an hour?

The backwards launch section will just serve to delay more trains getting onto the track.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    It looks fine. I'll ride it, and probably even enjoy it. But at the same time, there seems like there was a major opportunity to do something far, far superior (like a Maverick). Seems a bit of a waste. YOLO doesn't help, either.
    Yep, this is my major gripe with the ride. There seems to be an opportunity after the loop for them to have some terrain elements even utilizing the same route that Log Jammer used and THEN go over Superman. Heck, add in another launch.

My other gripe is after the "top hat" and that it has all that wasted speed going back into the station. Throw in a helix or something at least.

If you made the ride longer, had another launch that would create more block sections which would allow you to have more trains and higher capacity.

• Hello Dolly.

The ride looks great and I'm sure people will love it.

I think it's the way it's advertised throwing people off. Full Throttle and YOLO just bring me back to when they added Scream and Deju Vu, meaning fun coasters with no substance just plopped into the park for it's teen & thrill audience.

With the improvements the park has done the past few years, this coaster just seems a bit scary. I wonder how the new 5-acre section will be themed.

I wanted something close the the ground and trees and well. Like I said, looks like a fun ride but so much more could have been done with the coaster itself and the advertising/theme.

Loved everything until the last brake run. Why cut the ride short? I felt it hugged the landscape pretty well until the tunnel.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast