Oct. 5 Visit to MM, tips on rides to hit early?

Family is going to Magic Mountain on Oct. 5. Just saw on Six Flags' site that that is the first day for FrightFest. Should this be a concern? Will FrightFest diehards pack the park in the evening?

Also, will the park be busy much during the day? Which coasters should we hit right when the park opens to avoid long lines? Any other FrightFest specific things that we shouldn't miss out on?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Oct. 5 Visit to MM, tips on rides to hit early?

You should be fine during the day. Park will start getting busy about 5pm but by that time you should have all of the coasters done and be able to do Fright Fest at night.

This is how I would do the park:

Most people go straight to X2 when the park opens which means that line get's long quick. But usually by later in the day the line dies down quickly. Tatsu on the other hand has a long line all day unless you get there right at open. This is how I'd do the park:

Tatsu, Apocalypse, Riddlers, Green Lantern, Batman, Colossus, Scream, Lex Luthor, Goliath, Revolution, Viper, X2, Orient Express (up to Ninja), Ninja, Superman, down back-side of hill, Gold Rusher.

Once you have Tatsu, Riddlers, Green Lantern and Lex Luthor done you should be able do do any of the water rides/flat rides in between but these 4 are generally the ones that can get the longest lines.

Also keep in mind that Riddlers and Green Lantern have single rider lines. Lex Luthor apparently does but I haven't seen it open.

Backwards Colossus started last year at about 5:30 for Fright Fest so be sure to ride that right when it opens. That line get's long. As a consequence, the line for "regular" colossus will be slow all night.

Lines you can expect to have minimal waits no matter the time of day you ride them: Apocalypse, Ninja, Gold Rusher, Colossus, Scream, Viper. Revolution will get a long line right at park open but will go down later in the day (like X2).

As for mazes I'd start at the back of the park and work your way forward. Start with Aftermath then Slaughterhouse, Black Widow, Willoughby's, Chupacabra, Jokesters, Blackout.

As I said though, first friday for FF isn't too bad. We did the first friday a few years back and it was great. No lines to speak of at all.

Awesome, thanks!

• Circle of Ancients

No problem.

All that said, I would still try and get on X2 no later than 2:00 or 3:00 since that is when FF crowds start showing up. But even last year on a busy FF Saturday we only waited 45 minutes for X2 at about 4pm.

If the park is empty when you get there at open you should go straight to X2.

• Functional & Decorative

I haven't yet used the Green Lantern single rider line. Is it well managed and actually faster?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

If the line is long, yes, it works pretty well actually.

• 5 Star

When I went last year the longest line in the park was for green lantern, which opened previously that summer. As far as a strategy go, maybe consider doing what the moderator mentioned before, but don't feel like you need to stay to a specific schedule. The point is to have fun, and being this time of year, I can almost guarantee you'll be able to do everything you want to.

I typically like to ride the bigger name rides at night, during fright feet. Part of that is out of personal taste, as I like X2 better at night. At the same time though, everyone is in the haunted houses, which takes a decent chunk of the crowd away from the lines.

During the day, I might suggest doing Lex Luthor, being is how it opened recently, but I do t predict the line will be too outrageous. The latest in the parks update showed the ride only had like a 5 minute wait.

I go to fright feet every year, and while the scaring mazes are fun, it seems like the quality has dropped every year. The event is still entertaining, but it's really apparent that they don't put in the effort like Knotts and Universal do. Case and point, I can almost name off all of the surprises in the crazy clown house purely from memory. Again, it's a novel opportunity that the park doesn't always offer, and it IS somewhat fun, just don't have too high of expectations if you decided to buy the wristbands for the mazes.

Like said, Scream and Viper usually have no lines. I got separated from my group last year and ended up riding viper 7 times in a row without every entering back in the queue again. Goliath usually seems to be pretty free when I go.

You picked a good time to go with plenty of time in the park to do everything. Have a good time and let us know how it went.

Thanks for the tips everyone. What about getting tickets? Is the best deal the 3 day advance purchase tickets for $39.99? Any discounts for parking? I see to buy a parking voucher online is $17, is that the normal price for parking? Is it more if I pay the day of with cash?

• Circle of Ancients

That $39.99 ticket is probably your best bet unless they have some kind of Coke Deal for Fright Fest they haven't announced yet.

Parking is $17 online or at the booth. No discount on that one.

Thanks for the Coke idea. I searched for Coke discount with Six Flags and came across a My Coke Rewards discount of $2 per ticket and it can be applied to the $39.99 ticket. So I got them for $37.99.

If anyone else wants to use it, the My Coke Rewards link is here: http://www.mycokerewards.com/index.j...G:EMTELLFRIEND

You have to create a My Coke Rewards account, but its free and can also claim the codes on all those Coke products you drink. Then just search for Six Flags and click on the "Six Flags Discount" link.