Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Snoopy gets evicted

Here is an interesting list...

http://themeparks.universalstudios.c...NEY.COMPARISON

And it mentions that USF offers SpongeBob SquarePants.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I just thought I'd clarify, the park itself isn't being removed. The rides will all still be there, well almost all, the inflatible Snoopy bounce house will be taken out. Just the Peanuts theme is leaving the park.
    The Peanuts theme was the best part of the park, IMO.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

I go to Mall of America Camp Snoopy almost weekly. My nickname for it is "Camp Pig Pen" as it is dirty, smelly and poorly maintained. The food in it is of very poor quality, the rides are not well maintained and many of the rides that used to have sponsors now have just the old signs painted over (Ie: Brawny paper towels used to sponsor the log ride..Brawny character still there but name is just covered up).

They will be taking out all Peanuts items soon along with the inflatable Snoopy and one Peanuts ride. Trust me everyone, this is a good thing! Its like losing the current manager of Disney World and getting the man from Disneyland to manage! This is a good thing losing the Peanuts theme. The Mall itself was getting old and the Ghermezian Brothers (current management of Mall who alos own West Edmonton- biggest Mall in world) are doing amazing things.

Just wait until you see all the good stuff that will be happening! Not at all a negative but a big positive! I hope they also lose Pepsi as a sponsor. Tired of the old dusty inflatable Pepsi symbol hanging there.

MOA will be amazing again in time. It was the Simon Brothers who terminated Knotts and not current management.

See you all there soon. Newspapers here are guesing new theme. I love the guess of a Simpsons Park..hee hee. Maybe South Park <G>

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Robbguy
    I go to Mall of America Camp Snoopy almost weekly. My nickname for it is "Camp Pig Pen" as it is dirty, smelly and poorly maintained. The food in it is of very poor quality, the rides are not well maintained and many of the rides that used to have sponsors now have just the old signs painted over (Ie: Brawny paper towels used to sponsor the log ride..Brawny character still there but name is just covered up).
    Has this happened since the Cedar Point contract was canceled or was it already starting to happen under them?

• keep moving forward...

i can see something like nickelodeon taking the space... esspecialy since they seem to have left universal...

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

ill still call it camp snoopy,

nickelodean..is a good bet, seeing as how the Mystery Mine Ride as bascially been replaced with the spongebob simulartor
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• I was deleted.

Here is a link to the news article posted on this topic in the news forum.

Yes, Camp Snoopy had it's prime time but it does still draw in visitors. It's sad that guests don't get the same experience as they did when the park first opened; however, there are some more attractions that have added.
    • Ferris Wheel
    • Mighty Ax
    • Frog Hopper
    • School Bus
    • Kids Race Cars
    • Ghost Buster
    • Timerland Twister
    Although those aren't all large attractions, considering space is limited I think that those additions in the past 14 years are good. There's a mix of everything for each crowd from kids to adults, including a very unique coaster.

I have to agree that it is very sad to see Snoopy and the gang leave this area but hopefully this change will help spruce things up in the area. With the new "Waterpark of America" under construction and almost complete and hopefully a new plan for the park in MOA it will increase the number of visitors.

Locals tend to visit a couple of times a year with a majority of visits for birthday parties and Toddler Tuesdays. (There are events each Tuesday for toddlers and then most of them go to the theme park for a while.) It does still continue to draw in the once or twice a year visitors from the entire midwest region regardless because there isn't much in that area. But it isn't something that draws in cross country or international visitors anymore. Which is quite sad.

As I recall, MOA was built by the same partnership that did West Edmoundton Mall. They may still be involved with it, I'm not absolutely sure about it though. They operate their own park ,called "Galaxy Land" in house. It would appear if this is the case they felt they could run it themselves. Of course their record up north isn't exactly stellar.

• Banned User

Viacom had 2 contracts with universal, one for nick studios, other for characters and rides at the parks... nick studios ended, other is still in effect, once it expires they probably will end it... however they might not since Viacom might not own the paramount parks...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123