• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking Six Flags $99 Dining Pass - Is it a Good Deal?

For additional 100 bucks more added to your season pass, you can get one lunch meal and dinner meal each time you go to the park excluding drinks and desserts.

If I didn't live more than 55 miles away from Magic Mountain, I would jump on this deal in a heart beat! I would totally get it if I live like 10 miles from the park. I would just go to the park everyday to eat if I decide not to eat at home.

Only if Disneyland, Universal, and Knotts do it, but I highly doubt it probably because there are no many locals surrounding the park etc.

If Disneyland does it, it would probably cost 300 bucks or more, but I will still get it. Maybe.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 01-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Under that tree again!

Re: Six Flags $99 Dining Pass - Is it a Good Deal?

It's not a great deal. It's a way to get you to go to Six Flags, which is not as common a place to visit like DLR or Lego Land

Its a fantastic deal if your one that also eats while at the park and plan on going at least 5-10 times to get to $99 break even point. I say 5-10 times as the deal includes a lunch meal and a dinner meal but if you chose not to eat one or the other it would take longer to get to break even point. Cant compare many locations to DLR just like the rides with Space Mtn being the fastest ride at Disney at what about 30.2 mph? Heck Flags has a ride in Looney Tune world that tops that. Its true no Blue Bayou at Flags but it does offer the Mooseburger Lodge and 1/2 pound burgers. Also true Flags doesn't offer the Monte Cristo at $24.99 but again it does offer a Turkey Leg bigger then most peoples arms at Katys for about $8 bucks. ... Again the meal deal at Flags is great deal and with 8 different food restaurants serving up meals on the plan one of them just might fit your needs.

• Circle of Ancients

As others have said, it's a great deal if you eat at the park 5-10 times per year or more.

I went to the park approximately 20 times last year. I think I actually had a "meal" at the park three times, and two of them were during WCB/Lex Luthor Media Day and lunch was provided. So it obviously wouldn't work for me.

My visits are usually between 3-4 hours with many only taking about 2 hours.

But if you are going up a lot during the summer and eating at the park, by all means go for it.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 01-28-2013 at 08:55 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

What a deal....so worth it considering one meal costs about 8 bucks, wish they had this last year when I had a pass

SFOT has the same deal for only $69.99 and with many more choices. I am so envious of my brothers in Texas! Unfortunately, I don't think a SFOT dining pass is good at other parks.

I did a little research, and every other six Flags park offers the pass for $69.99. LaRonde in Quebec charges $69.99 in Canadian money. MM is the only one that costs $99.99.
    Last edited by Not My Real Name; 03-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

SeaWorld right now is pondering doing this
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    SFOT has the same deal for only $69.99 and with many more choices. I am so envious of my brothers in Texas! Unfortunately, I don't think a SFOT dining pass is good at other parks.

I did a little research, and every other six Flags park offers the pass for $69.99. LaRonde in Quebec charges $69.99 in Canadian money. MM is the only one that costs $99.99.
    Magic Mountain isn't a Seasonal Park like the rest of those parks. The longer operating season justifies the increase in price IMO.

For example, SFOG is open for 186 days, SFDK is open 168 days per year and SFMM is open 259 days.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 03-04-2013 at 03:10 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    SeaWorld right now is pondering doing this
    I actually think Sea world san diego's food is halfway decent . I always wonder what happens when they introduce these deals and the quality of food. I use to frequent las vegas quite often and when they introduced 24hr passes to certain buffets the quality went down a notch.

Sir Clinksalot, that's what I figured too.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• New Member Goes Forth

When compared to Disney, it is good.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

It is a great deal, assuming you go enough. We have had season passes for the last 7 years and typically visit 2-3 times a month. On top of that, we live VERY close to the part.

What does that mean?

That means EVERY friday night they are open, we all meet there for 'free' dinner! Yep, we go there just to eat (and maybe ride a single ride). So now we go 4-6 times a month.

Not sure they planned on that, but I plan on saving a LOT of money with the dining pass for simply eating.

Oh, and for us, it is not a hassle going into the park just to eat. We love the atmosphere and the exercise of walking around and people watching.