• keh!

Sooooo... how intense is Green Lantern?

Still waiting on Full Throttle to open *taps foot impatiently* and Green Lantern is one of three already operating rides that I have yet to go on. I started looking up videos on GL and read some reviews and it seems a lot of people are saying that the ride is pretty intense. I have even read that X2 and GL are the most intense rides at SFMM... really?!?!

I love a good roller coaster, such as X2 which happens to be one of my favorite coasters there, but I don't want to get nauseous. I've read someone describe the first drop as a small reminder of Free Fall and I HATED Free Fall. It was the worst feeling I've experienced on a ride. But I love Tower of Terror and Supreme Scream. Both attractions are far from giving you the same sensation as the devil that was Free Fall. *shudders*

I can handle most roller coasters, except for Revolution. Strange, I know, but there is a section that gets me soooo nauseous, and that is from the first drop to after the 2nd hill. I don't know why, it gets me sick! Every other ride at Six Flags I'm fine with.

I also watched an on-ride video of GL on Youtube and the guy behind the camera kept saying, "Oh god, no! No! No! No! Please stop!" The ride appears to be quite deceptive...

I have recently been on Mission: SPACE as well, and while I did think it was intense (and got a little dizzy, not too bad) I loved it.

Should I steer clear? : D

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Sooooo... how intense is Green Lantern?

I don't find GL:FF or X2 to be that intense, as far as the "Forces" are concerned. I find Batman, the Tatsu Pretzel loop and the Goliath Helix to be more intense.

That said, the motion of GL:FF is pretty intense and I actually found it incredibly painful the last time I rode it. As such I won't be riding it ever again.

You can get a pretty good idea of the ride from our video from Media Day.

Last edited by sir clinksalot; 05-30-2013 at 01:43 PM.

• keh!

Hmm, you guys seems to enjoying the ride. It Does look like it tosses riders front and back quite strong. I can handle Tatsu and Goliath perfectly. I think I may take some Dramamine first before I go to the parks, just in case... haha. Thanks for the help! I guess I'll decided the day of. So Full Throttle better hurry up and open because I don't want to go in the summer heat : /

I went on GL for the first time like a month ago! I was scared but really excited! I LOVED it though I was surprised because people said it sucked but to me it was right up there with X2 if you like X2 I recommend going on it because its super fun and you have nothing to be scared about!!

• keh!

Awesome! Thanks for the input Disneylvr!! I have yet to go because it's just too hot so I'm going to wait until the fall. Perhaps I'll make a trip in November : )