• Circle of Ancients

Six Flags Corp. to announce 2014 attractions on August 29

Received an email from Six Flags Great Adventure yesterday letting us know that Six Flags will be announcing their 2014 attractions on August 29.

This is the info we received:

2014 New Attraction Announcement - August 29
    Six Flags Great Adventure and its sister parks throughout North America will announce exciting plans for the 2014 season. Great Adventure will release details about a record-breaking addition that will surely top "must-do" lists next year. Information, photos and video will be available at Six Flags Great Adventure
    Addressing the SFGAdv announcement only, surely sounds like the rumored drop tower addition to Kingda Ka that was rumored for this year.

So what do you think will be coming to your local park? What do you want to see for your local park?

For SFMM I'd like to see something added to Hurricane Harbor. It's been 10 years since Tornado and the original slide towers are really showing their age. As much as I don't like seeing attractions removed to add new ones I think removing the Black Snake Summit Slides and the Taboo Tower slides and building one monstrous slide complex is the way to go. These new slide towers can easily hold 10-12 different slides in the same space as the current ones. Of course there is now room in the former Flashback and Metro area's for more waterpark expansion in that direction.

In addition I'd like to finally see SFMM add a few flat rides and invest in renovating some of the existing buildings that need it. And of course, finishing the Full Throttle area should be a priority after the summer season.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Six Flags Corp. to announce 2014 attractions on August 29

I know a) it's a little late, b) the existing infrastructure is now literally partially filled by another ride and c) it's not splashy enough or thrill ride enough for Premier to even consider, but I really wish they'd put an in-park transit system in place at SFMM. I mean, they had THREE at one point.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Technically Five.

Metro
    Dragon
    Eagles Flight - El Dorado
    Eagles Flight - Galaxy
    Orient Express

Sad that 2 of the 5 closed the same year (1981) along with the 99 Steam Train (which I guess could count but I don't recall if there was a second station or not).

But I agree, some kind of transportation ride would be nice, unfortunately it will never happen unless they come up with some way to make a coaster a transport ride (which could be cool).

• Singing Drinker

*bows to superior knowledge on* I'd completely forgotten the Dragon, in my mind it'd always melded with the Orient Express. Explains why for years I thought they'd remodeled the station. And I'd forgotten COMPLETELY that the Eagles Flight had two stations.

Ah well. As noted, hard to see them doing it unless it's a coaster. I had several RCT hypercoasters that did that, but I don't see the designers flocking to my door
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Being a Floridian, the nearest SF park would be SFoG and I don't see them getting a new ride next year as they just got the SkyScreamer swing ride this year.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Circle of Ancients

^ They might get "something". May not be a new coaster but I wouldn't be surprised if they got something.

BTW, one of my favorite SF Parks.

• Yay Mickey!!

Six Flags Great America announced a new wooden coaster going by the name of Goliath (might as well, since other SF parks also have some sort of Goliath). The specification looks like fun (182ft drop, 72 mph top speed, zero G roll), as do the renderings and video. Not certain, but this may be Rocky Mountain Construction's first full project (not a rebuild) with the I-box rail. Overall looks like it will be fun.

Goliath | New for 2014 at Six Flags Great America | New for 2014

-Justin

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I applaud Six Flags for being ambitious and making a big announcement like that.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Received an email from Six Flags Great Adventure yesterday letting us know that Six Flags will be announcing their 2014 attractions on August 29.

This is the info we received:

Addressing the SFGAdv announcement only, surely sounds like the rumored drop tower addition to Kingda Ka that was rumored for this year.

So what do you think will be coming to your local park? What do you want to see for your local park?

For SFMM I'd like to see something added to Hurricane Harbor. It's been 10 years since Tornado and the original slide towers are really showing their age. As much as I don't like seeing attractions removed to add new ones I think removing the Black Snake Summit Slides and the Taboo Tower slides and building one monstrous slide complex is the way to go. These new slide towers can easily hold 10-12 different slides in the same space as the current ones. Of course there is now room in the former Flashback and Metro area's for more waterpark expansion in that direction.

In addition I'd like to finally see SFMM add a few flat rides and invest in renovating some of the existing buildings that need it. And of course, finishing the Full Throttle area should be a priority after the summer season.

I sat attractions....for Hurricane Harbor.....I mean add a new big slide and repaint the old slide they had from Six Flags put those two in..and I'm there

As for Six Flags I'd love a new ride...but to be honest they had done great job of adding a new ride every year so...if this year they take a break im ok with that

• Singing Drinker

They kinda have to take a break at *some* point.

I'm going to guess that Despicable Me should have a pretty open field to itself - Knott's and SFMM just opened fairly major new developments this season, Disney has nothing really underway and is likely concentrating on 2015. Considering DM's a pretty low-key addition, this is about what you'd expect for an off year.

• Circle of Ancients

You can see all of the announcements for all of the parks here.

Six Flags Announcements - 2014 Expansion Plans