• WDW & Universal in Sept!!

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Trip

Recently i went to SFDK in SF Bay Area for Fright Fest. I grew up going to the park, even before it was six flags and was marine world. Recently when i went i was a bit unimpressed. The employees were rude and unattentive and there was trash EVERYWHERE in the park. Light bulbs throughout were out and the lines had no direction, they would just randomly go into walk ways and were not managed so it was a pain to go around them.

They did do a good job on about 3 of the 10 haunted houses they had.

While i was there the lines were huge and never have i seen that there, almost felt like DL during peak season. The different is DL knows how to deal with crowds and SFDK does not. They need a thing or two from Disney.

Is this experience similar to anyone else at a different SF park?

I did hear that they are re-engineering Medusa and adding 3 more loops and a larger drop, in addition to putting in a new coaster that has water spraying features.

My overall rating for the trip would be 4/10.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Trip

Sorry you had a bad experience, I've found that the Six Flags here does a really good job of crowd control during Fright Fest.

As for Medusa adding more loops and a larger drop, not going to happen. They are getting a new water attraction but it's not a roller coaster.

• WDW & Universal in Sept!!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Trip

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Sorry you had a bad experience, I've found that the Six Flags here does a really good job of crowd control during Fright Fest.

As for Medusa adding more loops and a larger drop, not going to happen. They are getting a new water attraction but it's not a roller coaster.
    Yes the water attraction will be a nice addition.

I know for a fact medusa will be getting more loops and larger drops. They were promoting it in the park that in 2014 it will be down for re engineering. They had a few signs and the President of the park had a per-recorder message they kept playing announcing it.