Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Closed Account

Re: Six Flags - give it a miss

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Do you by any chance work for guest relations at SFMM? You should... that is a GREAT letter!
    No, but I am thinking of applying for the new Six Flags Ambassodor position.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sixflagsucks
    there are plenty more parks that keep clean and tidy and give you value for money.
    COUGH*TOKYODISNEYRESORT*COUGH!!!!

I visited SFMM a year ago and was appalled at the condition of the park. They should rename it 6 Flags Ghetto Mountain. It was bad bad bad... Bad service, bad guests...(saw two fights break out in the queues...those wacky gang members...), bad overall quality. It will take a long time before I go back to that sorry excuse of a theme park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think you're going to see Six Flags parks get better... if the new CEO follows through with his promises. I know my stock has gone up about $4 per share after he made his pronouncements!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

The last time I visited a Six Flags park was well over fifteen years ago, and I had exactly the same complaints. So, I never returned.

• Closed Account

I am sorry to hear about everybodys' negative experiences. Once again, the whole company is currently going through a turn around, and I envite everyone to revisit the park about half way through this summer season, where you are sure to be pleasantly surprised at the changes being made in the park to better cleanliness, customer service, and a more family-friendly atmoshpere ( like now having designated smoking areas).

• Circle of Ancients

I think, for the most part, the decisions made by the new regime at Six Flags have been good. Some ideas were not so good (not allowing re-entry) but thankfully the re-examined that decision. We have to remember these are people who come from a sports background and it's going to take them some time to figure out how to run parks.

I personally think they are trying to do too much in year 1 and I'm afraid they aren't going to see the results as quickly as they want.

What they need to change is the 'perception' of Six Flags. That isn't going to be easy especially when it comes to the casual park fan. (Not us nuts)

Like I said, there have been some great changes:

• Increased characters in the park
    • Painting of rides, buildings, etc
    • Running rides at full capacity (I can't remember a time, if EVER that Riddlers Revenge was running 3 trains. It wasn't long ago that there was only 1)
    • New attitude from the employees (this is key)
    Some things that aren't so great:

• Increased parking to $15 (again I attribute this to the sports background)
    • Ideas such as the "no re-entry"
    And some things that still need to be done (and I know they are working on some of these):
    • Increased food quality
    • Re-Paving of alot of the areas
    • Clean Bathrooms (notice I didn't say CLEANER ... you can't get much worse than SFMM's bathrooms, especially the front one near the lockers)
    And again this isn't just SFMM. While some parks are cleaner than others (Six Flags Fiesta Texas was on the level of a Sea World or Busch park IMO) most parks have at least a few areas that need improvement. Alot of the things are common sense.

I just hope the new management doesn't get discouraged when they don't see the results they are hoping for. It's going to take a few years to change people's minds when it comes to Six Flags. You can't undo 15 years of crap in 1 year.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Isn't this the same person who thought disallowing re-entry into the parks was a good idea? Or was that some other genius?
    I may be wrong, but a majority of visitors won't care... It does simplify the gate, cuts costs while potentially boosting revinue...

And if it doesn't work for you, at least you know about it so don't go there...
    Check out my other blog:

• Earth Intruder

I'll be going back once the new roller coaster opens.

I used to have a season pass for six flags, but relegated SFMM to a "once every one or two years park" since the time I went in the height of summer, lines were 1-3 hours for everything (and I mean EVERYTHING, even Gold Rusher had a line) because they were running one car on everything.

Glad to hear it is turning around!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    At least it's not Knott's...
    I *much* prefer Knott's to Magic Mountain.

• Why do you keep talking?

Good for you.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Circle of Ancients

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hector again.
    DANG IT!!!!

I am not going to compare Six Flags to Disney, but I think that WB has made an enormous mistake in not opening a THEME park. Their properties would lend themselves wonderfully to theme rides. Who wouldn't love a great, really themed Batman or Superman ride? What about the Looney Tunes? Cartoon Network properties like the Power-Puff Girls? Not to mention the fact that they now own the rights to the MGM Wizard of Oz (though they might not be able to do theme park attractions because of MGM's deal with Disney prior to their being bought by WB).

That's my major gripe about WB's Six Flags parks. So many missed oppurtunities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12