Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Six Flags - give it a miss

Six Flags need to learn that the customer is king. They don't understand the concept of customer service, or listening to critism.
    We visited the park, at Valencia, CA, last season, and the experience has put me off Six Flags for life. They ignored my complaint, and didn't respond when we wrote to them.
    Basically, the lines were so long that it was impossible to ride more than 3 or 4 rides in a day, and the new Xtreme ride had a wait of more than THREE HOURS.
    The place is scruffy and dirty. The toilets don't get cleaned (ever) by the looks of them.
    Learn this, Six Flags, if you want customer loyalty, learn to LISTEN to customer complaints and at least have the courtsey to reply, when you get a letter!!
    GIVE SIX FLAGS A MISS, is my advice, there are plenty more parks that keep clean and tidy and give you value for money.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Six Flags - give it a miss

So you joined a "Disney" board just to bash Six Flags.

• Closed Account

Being a Six Flags Magic Mountain Employee, I feel a obligation to respond to your post. I have decided to do so in a formal letter, similar to the written response you seem to be seeking from Six Flags.

Dear SixFlagsSucks,

Thank you for taking time to inform us about concearns you may have regarding our park, as well as our park policies. I would like to start off by saying that the guest is our number one priority, and always has been. We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our park. We at Six Flags strive to adhere to our mission statement: To Create Family Fun, and Fond Memories.
    We understand your concearn about long lines for several of our 17 record-holding coasters. We do not necissarily view long lines as a negative atribute, but rather, long lines show park guests that a ride is popular amongst park guests. Our solution to this problem is trying to increase our riders per hour. By having more than one train for each ride, this helps increase our riders per hour. If you wish to in shorter lines, we suggest that you arrive at the park as early as possible, and stay til park closing. Park cleanliness is another top priority, and I assure you based on your comment, we are looking into improving this aspect of our park to the best of our abilities. Thank you again for taking time to contact us.
    Sincerely,
    wrs28220

• Closed Account

Cool Re: Six Flags - give it a miss

Okay, now for my opinion...
    ^agreed, why would you join a disney board only to bash SFMM?
    I would like to point out that you said you were at the park a few years ago. Since we have had a new CEO, the park is slowly starting to see a transformation. I do say slowly, because a park with a reputation such as SFMM, cannot transform magically in one night. It will probably take a full summer season for park guest to realize how much of the park has been changed. Paint jobs on rides and building all over the park can now be seen. Characters can now be seen all over the park, as of this past weekend, and bu March 20th, the start of the summer season, a total of 13 characters can be seen in the park at a time: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, Wyle E. Cyotte, Porky Pig, Petunia Pig, Tweety, Sylvester, Pepe Le Pew, Batman, Robin, Flash Gordon, Wonder Woman.

Six Flags is not Disneyland, and IMO, should not be compared to Disneyland. I envite you to come back to SFMM about half way through this summer season, when i guarentee you will see a difference in employee morale, and guest service.

I'm glad to hear SFMM is coming up in the world. Last time I was there I did not have a good time; because of that day, it's been 6 years since I was there. I may have to try again this spring since you tell me things are improving.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I agree, I'm glad to hear SFMM is being overhauled. I was there about 2 years ago and had an awful time. We ended up leaving halfway through the day and going to Universal (which hadn't been in our plans).It seemed like more than half of the attractions were closed or not working consistently - the whole place just felt rather dangerous and dirty. Glad to hear thats changing!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I had a great visit a few weeks ago, and looking forward to going back next month, and then future visits when the newest coaster, Tatsu opens in May.

I am a big fan of flying coasters, and can't wait to have Deogge's Mom ride one

Here is a link to the photos I took at SFMM...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1132436

And as for the OP, it seems like the Disney related boards have seen to be getting "new" posters lately that just want to stir things up....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    And as for the OP, it seems like the Disney related boards have seen to be getting "new" posters lately that just want to stir things up....
    MiceChat's like a big vat of New England Clam Chowder, it needs to be stirred up some times to keep it good and fresh. (Now, it's only when that Corn Chowder starts coming in, that bothers me. )
    -Monorail Man

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    Being a Six Flags Magic Mountain Employee, I feel a obligation to respond to your post. I have decided to do so in a formal letter, similar to the written response you seem to be seeking from Six Flags.

Dear SixFlagsSucks,

Thank you for taking time to inform us about concearns you may have regarding our park, as well as our park policies. I would like to start off by saying that the guest is our number one priority, and always has been. We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our park. We at Six Flags strive to adhere to our mission statement: To Create Family Fun, and Fond Memories.
    We understand your concearn about long lines for several of our 17 record-holding coasters. We do not necissarily view long lines as a negative atribute, but rather, long lines show park guests that a ride is popular amongst park guests. Our solution to this problem is trying to increase our riders per hour. By having more than one train for each ride, this helps increase our riders per hour. If you wish to in shorter lines, we suggest that you arrive at the park as early as possible, and stay til park closing. Park cleanliness is another top priority, and I assure you based on your comment, we are looking into improving this aspect of our park to the best of our abilities. Thank you again for taking time to contact us.
    Sincerely,
    wrs28220
    Do you by any chance work for guest relations at SFMM? You should... that is a GREAT letter!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Circle of Ancients

IMO if you are basing your "Six Flags" experience based on one park (SFMM) and one visit then you are not getting the full effect.

I will be the first person to agree that the past 5 to 6 years have been the worst for SFMM EVER!!! I go back to the early 80's and have been to the park every year since. The park was GREAT in the 80's and early 90's. Once Premier bought the park it turned in to what it is now, or was until a few months ago.

I personally have not been to the park since September but I am excited about some of the changes that are taking place.

There are 18 other Six Flags parks in North America. I have had the opportunity to visit 6 other Six Flags parks besides SFMM. And yes, SFMM has the "XTREME" coasters but IMO the operations are what made it close to the bottom of my list. The only park that was worse, IMO, was Six Flags Marine World. I even visited the dreaded Six Flags Astroworld and wondered why it got bad word of mouth.

I'm hoping that Six Flags can keep up the positive changes. They will have to if they are going to change the perception of their parks.

•   
    • Minion

To be honest, I think it is comming... They got a new CEO with more than a half a brain now...

I find it interesting that this year at Marine World, they have focused on revamping their Children's Attractions...

The Park needs a retheme... The color zone BS needs to be tossed for something smarter and more kid friendly... And their animal unit needs BETTER PRESS... Hearing from PETA about how the Elephants are mistreated there every three months is NOT helping the park... You have to remember that SF Bay Area folks tend to be VERY progressive... Visably promoting conservation is the key... And it needs to be done on a visable national scale...

Of course what do I know? I mean I was up for a marketing position for them, and told them what I thought needed to happen... They laughed at me... Of course, half of what I told them would happen regarding their Shareholder revolt, actually did happen... So I am laughing at them...

I think their chief Marketing Person is now out of a job... if not he should be...
    Check out my other blog:

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Personally, I kinda dig SFMM as the seedy, dirty, grimy place it has become, attracting only the wild youths (that should be pronounced "youfs") of Southern Cali. Why? Because it doesn't scare me away, and in all my recent visits in the past few years, the lines have always been pretty darn short (Except for X, of course). All those nice, big happy families that this punk new CEO is trying to lure back to the park are gonna ruin my experience!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    To be honest, I think it is comming... They got a new CEO with more than a half a brain now...
    Isn't this the same person who thought disallowing re-entry into the parks was a good idea? Or was that some other genius?

• Why do you keep talking?

At least it's not Knott's...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Circle of Ancients

^ LMAO!!!

Great point.