Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   
    • Minion

Re: Six Flags - Noticing a difference?

Interesting...

Motley Fool has posted what some of the changes are...

1. More characters in the park. 29 new character hires per park!! (That is a huge number...) Focusing on Looney Toons and DC Comics. - More character related products are also going to be sold...
    2. Better employee training for new hires - seasonal employees.
    3. Bonus for executives to change the culture away from bottom line performance to better service, cleanliness, per cappa spending metrics.
    4. Investment away from more roller coaster additions and on family themed rides that are not carnival based.
    5. new corporate relationships (Papa Johns)

Also of it's 30 parks, 4 GM's have been giving walking papers.

It looks as if Six Flags is undergoing a full text book OB culture change...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Lisa and I will be at Magic Mountain this Sunday...

Looking forward to it

Please take some cool pics of the rides and wide shots of the park so I can see what it looks like, I am so looking forward to the report. I may have to go here is possible in case disneyland is on strike.

• Banned User

Any one have some good pics of this park? wide shots so I can see the surroundings? the rides? how far is this from disneyland. >??

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Any one have some good pics of this park? wide shots so I can see the surroundings? the rides? how far is this from disneyland. >??
    I'll take the last one: I think it's a good 75 miles from Disneyland. Through and past the heart of LA.
    I thought you were a bit wussy when it came to thrill rides, HM. The drive alone might scare you to death.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I'll take the last one: I think it's a good 75 miles from Disneyland. Through and past the heart of LA.
    I thought you were a bit wussy when it came to thrill rides, HM. The drive alone might scare you to death.
    yeah, I hear ya, but if there is a strike I got to find something to do LOL!

• Rock Star Minion

yeah, I hear ya, but if there is a strike I got to find something to do LOL!
    You're staying close to Knott's, so that's an option. I'd also recommend Sea World and San Diego Zoo (also recommend overnight). It's a nicer drive.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

HM, if you don't like thrill rides don't go to SFMM.

Honestly, if there is a strike and you don't go to DL I would say drive up the coast of california and go to Bonfante Gardens in Gilroy. It's is one of the, if not THE most beautiful park I have ever been to. It's a family park in the truest sense of the word. Granted it is a good 6 - 8 hour drive from Disneyland, but it's worth it IMO.

Here are some pics:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/1206672

• Banned User

You're staying close to Knott's, so that's an option. I'd also recommend Sea World and San Diego Zoo (also recommend overnight). It's a nicer drive.
    we are staying at the holiday in at the park. up from disneyland. If need be I will change the room to some place else and or spend most of my time in DCa ( unless that closes, then I guess its knotts, and at the pool all day LOL! I won't worry bout it until it happens.

• love my friends

we are staying at the holiday in at the park. up from disneyland. If need be I will change the room to some place else and or spend most of my time in DCa ( unless that closes, then I guess its knotts, and at the pool all day LOL! I won't worry bout it until it happens.
    Karla I stayed at that hotel when I lived in canada and came here for a visit.. I love it.. in fact I stayed there twice.. there is a shuttle that runs from the hotel to DL... which is a great thing.. I would say the hotel is about 1/2 mile from the park.. but I loved it

as we could watch the fireworks from the hotel as well

the shuttle will also take you to knotts if I remember correctly as it took us there

Friends for life

• C4C6C

Oh, now you're advertising job openings?

And I'm not following rules?
    Sounds like an advertisement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    PSA(Park Service Attendants):sweepers, there is a stronger work force of English speaking employees in this department. Sweepers are generally asked the most questions by guests because of there locations on the midways. A large percentage of the "older"...wait, "non-teen" employees did not speak English, or pretented not to, in order to aviod guest interaction. Now however, there are visibly more PSAs who speak English and have better guest interaction skills.
    Maybe they should make Employee English Language name tags that identify the workers who speak english similiar to disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    However instead of waiting for guests to approach you, the 5 ambassadors in the park at a time will actively seek out guests who are looking at park maps, look lost, or are looking bored. They will need to know ride heights, restaurants and food offerings, locations of ATMs, baby changing facilities, show times, parade times, and other park policies.
    5? why dont they train all employees this information. At disney we have about 10,000 of these so called "Impressive" workers
    Last edited by Imagineer1985; 03-13-2006 at 01:13 AM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

More later, but I was very impressed by many of the workers at SFMM.

Friendly, went out of their way to say hello and good morning. Many of them had cleaning supplies and were cleaning when not interacting with guests (Mainly the games folks).

Glad I got up at 5 AM to go
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985
    5? why dont they train all employees this information. At disney we have about 10,000 of these so called "Impressive" workers
    "Lost? Have you tried Hare Krisnha?"

(Hey, it worked for Kermit the Frog...)
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    More later, but I was very impressed by many of the workers at SFMM.

Friendly, went out of their way to say hello and good morning. Many of them had cleaning supplies and were cleaning when not interacting with guests (Mainly the games folks).

Glad I got up at 5 AM to go
    Can't wait to here more!!!!!!
    That's awesome!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234