Angry Purchasing of SFMM Play Pass

Hello! I was planning on going to SFMM around 3 times while I'm in the area, so I thought that buying a Play Pass would be a good idea. Thing is, I live in New York right now and they won't accept my zipcode for buying the pass!

I was thinking of asking a friend who lives in LA to buy the pass for me, but is it okay if the passes are under my name, and the name of my boyfriend, who's coming too? Does my friend have to be there when the passes are being processed at the counter?

And I wonder what they mean buy photo ID, does it have to be an ID from the States? Cos my boyfriend is not from the States, and will only have his passport to prove his identity..

Man, this thing is complicated.. would appreciate any advice I could get on this matter.. (why can't I just buy the passes with my own credit card over the internet??)

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Purchasing of SFMM Play Pass

Quote Originally Posted by prettyfine
    Hello! I was planning on going to SFMM around 3 times while I'm in the area, so I thought that buying a Play Pass would be a good idea. Thing is, I live in New York right now and they won't accept my zipcode for buying the pass!

I was thinking of asking a friend who lives in LA to buy the pass for me, but is it okay if the passes are under my name, and the name of my boyfriend, who's coming too? Does my friend have to be there when the passes are being processed at the counter?

And I wonder what they mean buy photo ID, does it have to be an ID from the States? Cos my boyfriend is not from the States, and will only have his passport to prove his identity..

Man, this thing is complicated.. would appreciate any advice I could get on this matter.. (why can't I just buy the passes with my own credit card over the internet??)
    See if a season pass to the New Jersey SF park is also good for SFMM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    See if a season pass to the New Jersey SF park is also good for SFMM.
    A Six Flags Season Pass is good at all the Theme Parks they own.

The Zip Code requirement is to prevent someone from buying a Season Pass at a lower price than what is being charged at the "home" market.

Six Flags Darien Lake, near Buffalo, has Season Passes for $59.99.

The Great Escape at Lake George has them for $64.99.

So it sounds like if either of these two New York parks are close to you, I would pick up the Season Pass before.

I presume your boyfriend is in New York with you, so just go to the park, and use your address for both SP's, they don't check ID's at the park.

There are other parks in the region, you can find out which parks are close to you at www.sixflags.com, and then pick a park OUT of your area, and then enter your zip code. It will give you all the different parks you can choose from.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

If you buy your Six Flags season pass online for any of those parks you can have it activated at any Six Flags park.

I have known more than a few people that have bought passes for a Six Flags park back east and then had it processed at SFMM since they are open year round.

hmmm.. turns out that a bunch of people I know are going down to SF Darien Lakes this saturday so I might just go down with them to get the pass.. no my boyfriend isn't here with me yet, he's flying into the country next week..

but if I can just buy a pass online for SFDL or something, but get it processed at SFMM, that'd be great.. can i just get a final confirmation that it is fine to do that?

thanks for the advice, y'all

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I can stand up for Sir Clinks, he knows his stuff!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

any six flags SP/AP is good at all of them?? that I did not know... (in a few years remember to go to GA a few times before going to CA so i can enjoy a SP/AP With SF.. lol)

Six Flags Darien Lake Season Passes
    2006 Individual Season Pass$59.99
    A season pass allows you unlimited park visits on regular operating days during the 2006 season. Once processed at Six Flags Darien Lake, your pass may be used at other Six Flags Theme Parks, Wild Waves & Enchanted Village, The Great Escape, La Ronde and Wyandot Lake. Not valid at separate gate waterparks, American Adventures or Frontier City/White Water Bay. Check out our exclusive season pass pricing on overnight accommodations! Children two and under are free at Six Flags Darien Lake.

Limited Time Offer!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got that off the Six Flags tickets webby.. Yep, figment, the SP is good at other SF theme parks too..

I do think Sir Clinks knows what he's talking about to, but seeing this (I underlined it) on the Six Flags site when I was just about to buy the pass made me hesitate... I will seriously freak out if I buy the DL pass online and they won't let me use it at SFMM when I'm there cos it has not been processed at SFDL yet..

• Circle of Ancients

They must have changed their policy then ... maybe due to the new ownership???

I'd try and call the park and see if that's indeed true.

Okay, I've called up SFDL, and they've confirmed that if I purchase a DL season pass, I will need to have it processed at that very park before I can use it at any other Six Flags park.. which means I will have to get my friend to buy the SFMM season passes for me..

By the way, does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to process a SP at the park?

• Circle of Ancients

They have been doing quite well with the processing. It usually takes about 20 - 30 minutes. But you don't have to do it right when the park opens, you can do it anytime during the day.