Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Flashback at six flags

i personally say Move the ride...lol

• Circle of Ancients

^^ The ride was there before the water park ... so it was a water park built next to a scream machine. LOL!!!

The area where Hurricane Harbor is in used to be a big lake area. There were ski/jetski shows there and the batman stunt show used to be in that area.

• Banned User

Why build a waterpark near scream machines.. Isn't there an empty area back then that would be nice...

Move the ride, and build a nice new resturant...

Then build a new mini coaster somewhere else...

• Mary Blair Lover

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    A Six Flags employee told me today that Flashback would reopen in a month or so. I asked him if it would get repainted () he didn't know, but he said the seats and/or restraints were getting refitted to be less painful on riders. I don't know from experience seeing as FB is never open, but I keep hearing how rough it is. Hmmm... We'll see if there's any truth to that claim.
    Please take our word for it! I don't care what they do to it, that ride is like getting into a car accident, and i've been in BAD car accidents! And i went on it when it was brand new! And, like an idiot, i went a on it a second thinking that if i just stayed really stiff, it would be better... wrong! No amount of retrofitting will ever get me on that ride again!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by crpeoplemover
    Please take our word for it! I don't care what they do to it, that ride is like getting into a car accident,
    Haha well that is a new way to describe a ride.

• Mary Blair Lover

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Haha well that is a new way to describe a ride.
    I'm glad you liked it!

But aint it the truth! Rough is an understatement. And, to add insult to injury (literally, injury) it's not even that thrilling! For those who haven't been on it, here's my description; Lift......... Flat, slow and straight....... hairpin turn (during which your head bounces between the restraints like a pinball)..... Flat, slow and straight........hairpin turn (pinball head).... Flat, slow and straight.....Hairpin turn (pinball head).... This repeats several times, I don't remember how many, but that's about it. Oh, it does get a little tiny bit exciting at the end, but it's hard to remember, because by that point you are suffering from severe brain trauma. Oh, and it's LOUD. Like, unnecessarily loud. Deafeningly loud, even on the slow parts. I'm shocked that ride didn't cause thousands of lawsuits. For those who haven't been on this ride but have been on the Revolution, you know that's rough. Flashback makes Revolution look like the Storybookland boats in terms of roughness. That coaster can rust in hell.

Wow, i didn't realize how much i hate that ride until i wrote this post!

odd. I've never had a problem on that ride.. I guess I've always been lucky. the only ride which has ever given me problems was Boomerang at Knotts.. hurt my neck on that one.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SirLamer
    Actually, Flashback was purposely designed for easy disassembly and reassembly, as the idea was to tour Flashback around to many Six Flag parks to keep things fresh without having to build new rollercoasters everywhere. I think Magic Mountain is actually its third home.
    That's correct. It was called Z-force at Six Flags Great America (1985 - 1987) and Six Flags Over Georgia (1988 - 1990) before coming to SFMM in 1992. It has been SBNO (Standing But Not Operating) since 2003.

Six Flags actually used to have (and may still have) a ride relocation program. Some rides (Flashback included) would spend a few years at one park and then move to different parks. Sarajevo Bobsleds is now at SFOT. Shockwave went to SFGADV then to Astroworld and is now at Six Flags Darien Lake. Or, it's parts are now there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    A Six Flags employee told me today that Flashback would reopen in a month or so. I asked him if it would get repainted () he didn't know, but he said the seats and/or restraints were getting refitted to be less painful on riders. I don't know from experience seeing as FB is never open, but I keep hearing how rough it is. Hmmm... We'll see if there's any truth to that claim.
    I'd like to correct myself; the employee was talking about Freefall, which has also been closed lately and coincidentally also starts with "f" so I mistakened him for talking about Flashback. I thought it was rather fishy.

Hi! Flashback is such... a disaster is because Six Flags originally messed up the plans of the ride! A german engineer named Werner Stengel, who used to be Anton Schwarzkopf partner and now does layout and dynamic calculations for all coaster companies designed the ride. Six Flags didn't think it would worked and messed with it, giving the current horrible ride.

Right now, after 13 years at the same location, the ride possibly "rusted" together! A park in Belgium had a transportable Schwarzkopf loop coaster... In 2002, they wanted to remove it and just store it until they could relocate it somewhere else in the park. Problem is... since the ride wasn't moved at all for over 15 years, it rusted together and they damaged the ride when they had to force the parts apart. So, I think they had to scrap the ride, which is a shame! The only way Flashback would be fine is if it wasn't a transportable ride to start with...

• Prefect

Blog Entries

worst ride ever.

that thing just needs to go!
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Six Flags actually used to have (and may still have) a ride relocation program. Some rides (Flashback included) would spend a few years at one park and then move to different parks. Sarajevo Bobsleds is now at SFOT. Shockwave went to SFGADV then to Astroworld and is now at Six Flags Darien Lake. Or, it's parts are now there.
    Which Darien Lake denies. Six Flags Bob the PR Man says it is not there and any part that is there is just for storage.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah ... it's not there:

The ride at Astroworld (this is a picture I took 2 years ago)

The track at Darien Lake

I love Darien Lake...haha. Just like SFNE...houses not 50 feet away.

What an imformative thread! I never knew about Flashback having to be closed while Hurricane Harbor was in season. That makes sense, now that I think about, since that ride was very noisy.

I just can't imagine anybody wanting to ride it if it were to reopen :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast