Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Flashback at six flags

what is the fate of Flashback at six flags magic mountain, last time I saw it, it was all faded and blocked off.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Flashback at six flags

I know it cannot run when Hurricane Harbor is open, as the noise (aka screams) of the riders prevents the Lifeguards from hearing things they need to hear for the guests safety.

Since it is closed for the summer, I think they decided to not operate it at all, though a couple of years ago, they did open it for the fall/winter/spring months.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I know it cannot run when Hurricane Harbor is open, as the noise (aka screams) of the riders prevents the Lifeguards from hearing things they need to hear for the guests safety.
    What good planning. Lol. So a scream shield isn't an option?

Though seeing this on [Link to unauthorized site removed] today it looks friggin harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    What good planning. Lol. So a scream shield isn't an option?

Though seeing this on [Link to unauthorized site removed] today it looks friggin harsh.
    It is. The world's only hairpin turn rollercoaster, FOR A REASON! It bangs you around. Went on it during a high school field trip, and had much sympathy for the girls in the group with earings. Ouch.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer

Since it is closed for the summer, I think they decided to not operate it at all, though a couple of years ago, they did open it for the fall/winter/spring months.
    That's too bad, I always liked that ride. I was disappointed to see it closed the last time I was there, as I've always enjoyed riding it in the past.

I think they made a mistake building Hurricane Harbor where they did.. it just seems like a silly location. And now I can add another reason to my list...

• Circle of Ancients

Considering it was un-hooked from it's power source I would say that it won't be running anytime soon.

It's power source is now used for Tornado at SFHH.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

yeah, that was a WAY harsh ride. fun when you're younger, but when you to a height where your head bangs between the restraints, you get a pretty gnarly headache every time you ride it. don't miss is that much.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

But keeping it SBNO lets them claim 17 coasters right? Ha. Its too bad Cedar Point can't keep thier title because most of thier coasters actually run on a frequent basis.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    But keeping it SBNO lets them claim 17 coasters right? Ha.
    That has always been my impression as to why it's still there, other than the fact that it costs money to dismantle roller coasters.

For me, Flashback is a symbol of neglect, an eyesore sitting prominently for all to view not far from the park entrance.

I have spoken before in this forum about SFMM's desperate need for a frest coat of paint and better upkeep, so I won't bring it up again. But something needs to be done with this abandoned attraction. Spiff it up and open it, or rip it out and replace it with something else, a new ride, a restaurant, anything! Really, there isn't a lot that wouldn't be an improvement over the current situation.

If I could give SFMM a suggestion, I would say, breathe life into this location instead of trying to expand into the parking lot again *coughScreamcough* .. excuse me

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    That has always been my impression as to why it's still there, other than the fact that it costs money to dismantle roller coasters.
    Actually, Flashback was purposely designed for easy disassembly and reassembly, as the idea was to tour Flashback around to many Six Flag parks to keep things fresh without having to build new rollercoasters everywhere. I think Magic Mountain is actually its third home.
    Visit MouseBits at http://www.mousebits.com for the Internet's largest and most active source of fan-made Disney video and audio multimedia!

• Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by SirLamer
    Actually, Flashback was purposely designed for easy disassembly and reassembly, as the idea was to tour Flashback around to many Six Flag parks to keep things fresh without having to build new rollercoasters everywhere. I think Magic Mountain is actually its third home.
    maybe now no one else wants it, hehehee
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

^ I wouldn't be suprised if no one else wanted it, if you look at it, it looks as if it's about to collapse! Six Flags MM was never that great at keeping up with their attractions, it doesn't look like they painted anything in years But that ride does need to go and it does need to be replaced with shops or resturaunts or some type of show.

• Minion

A Six Flags employee told me today that Flashback would reopen in a month or so. I asked him if it would get repainted () he didn't know, but he said the seats and/or restraints were getting refitted to be less painful on riders. I don't know from experience seeing as FB is never open, but I keep hearing how rough it is. Hmmm... We'll see if there's any truth to that claim.

• Circle of Ancients

Don't believe everything you are told ... especially by employees.

The EARLIEST Flashback would reopen would be after the summer. They will not run it when Hurricane Harbor is open because the noise is too loud and the lifeguards near the slides next to Flashback can't hear the guests if one is calling for help.

• Banned User

a few months can be augest.. or september... when they begin to close down the water park... Maybe they are fixing it.. then moving it.. lol (why build a screem machine next to the water park??)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast