Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmicrazy
    How long was your wait time for Tatsu. The trains that you saw at the very begining of the day, one of those cars had me on it. i was on First row of the firth car of my side. I had a 45min wait!
    I had to've seen you without knowing it!

You must've ran faster than me, you troublemaker (no running! ) I encountered a wait a little over an hour both in the morning and later in the afternoon. Again, Tatsu was amazingly efficient.

And you're right sir clinksalot, Stealth starts out with the trains on top of the track, as opposed to below. I have not been to see it (and now that it moved clear to North Carolina my chances anytime soon are pretty slim :/) but I like how the ride experience on Tatsu keeps you in flight position for longer. I mean, that's what is so cool about the type of coaster in the first place! Plus, hearing people scream their heads off when the trains moved into flight position in the station and as they move up the lift was priceless.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Needed

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Also Stealth was a Vekoma flying coaster and Tatsu is a B&M.

They are MUCH different.
    I've ridden Stealth in it's new incarnation...its got nothing compared to B&M's flyers.

The only other closest flying coaster is in Colorado which is a Zamperla and is supposedly not good at all.

After that you have to get to Chicago before you find another flyer.
    I've heard those Zamperla ones suck, and wow...none past Chicago? So as far as big flyers there are what? 5 major ones in the US?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Needed

Here are the US Flyers:

Batwing - Vekoma - Six Flags America
    BORG Assimilator - Vekoma - Paramounts Carowinds (This was Stealth at PGA)
    Flying Coaster - Zamperla - Six Flags Elitch Gardens
    Super Flight - Zamperla - Playland Park (NY)
    Superman Ultimate Flight - B&M - Six Flags Over Georgia - Six Flags Great Adventure - Six Flags Great America
    Tatsu - B&M - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Tomb Raider - Zamperla - Paramounts Canada Wonderland
    X-Flight - Vekoma - Geagua Lake

Interesting that Cedar Fair only has one flyer and it was there when they bought the park from Six Flags.

All 3 of the Superman Ultimate Flights are the same design. The only small differences are that the Great America and Great Adventure versions only have 1 load/unload station while the one in Georgia has a Dual Load/Unload like Tatsu.

Okay thanks. I don't know if the Zamperlas can count as "big" flyers but that makes 7. The Vekomas are all the same layout too are they not? Stealth and X-Flight are supposed to be the same.

• Circle of Ancients

Here is BORG:

Here is X-Flight:

They look pretty similar to me.

What a great trip report! I haven't been to SSMM since '04, and already I feel out of the loop. I used to get a season pass every year since Batman opened. I'm just happy to hear that both sides are open again on Colossus and the Sky Tower is open again... something I haven't seen since I was in High School.

It looks like I'll have to plan a trip down there this year.

I posted some smaller shots from the preview held earlier for press/celebrities last week. Atleast you can see the seating.

Kristy Frank (Ruffnation/Univesal Records) and Christopher Massey (Zoey 101 - Nick)

Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and stars of Ned's Declassified - Rob Pinkston, Devon Werkheiser and Lindsay Shaw.

-tommy
    http://www.tommy2.net

• ...TWO BITS!

I don't know if this was mentioned or if anyone cares:

Eastern dragons usually have no wings to fly. And Western dragons usually have wings to fly. But if Six Flags want to say its a hybrid of the Eastern and Western dragons... I guess they can get away with that.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

I wish I could say the same about the ground cover. Ok, you know that synthetic fluffy-ish insulation padding that goes inbetween walls? Or the lint that comes out of driers? Now imagine that stuff a sick turquoise color, and spread it over a dirt hill. Basically that's what was done with the land surrounding Tatsu, over tree trunk stubs, roots and all. At places you could see this thick, rope-ish mesh. It looked...very unnatural. I almost like dirt better. At least it looks real.
    wish you had taken a pic, ai would like to se this.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I'll be there on Sunday. I'll get some pics.

• all the fish is happy

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Ne

Psyclone: 1 train far as I could tell, but everyone hates the ride including me, and anyways we saw a train didn't make it up a hill and rocked back and forth for five minutes and the ride closed for half the day, haha
    Woah that's really scary. I actually don't mind the ride all that much, probably only because my friends and I are able to ride it over and over and over - that always makes a ride more fun.

But I can't even imagine being in that car that didn't make it up the hill! And then going back and forth and back and forth. Egads! I got stuck on Viper once and nearly had a heart attack even though we got stopped right next to a brake point with a platform and stairs down.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR

I lied, this isn't the first flying coaster to see CA *shuffles notes*

Stealth, first flying coaster in the world, was built in San Francisco, Paramount's Great America in 2000. In 2003 it was moved to Paramount's Carowinds in North Carolina. That makes Tatsu the only flying coaster currently on the west coast.

But in any case, Tatsu is still a unique experience as few of this type of coaster exist in the world, which was my point in the first place. Also it has a unique layout (unlike, say, oh...Batman?).
    It was MOVED in 03?? God I didn't even know that. I always hated that coaster though. The design was flawed in the cars. Instead of how the new cars move up and back, on stealth they were upright and then layed you down. They also sucked at loading you, so the 2nd car would always be sitting in a dock for up to 10 mins sometime, while you are laying back and somewhat upsidedown, and all the blood would start rushing to your head. Also the straps that they used were not plastic, but a cloth material that always felt unstable. In the 5 times I rode this, I always thought I was going to fall out. So does anyone know why they moved it?? Is there anything new in it's place?
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    It was MOVED in 03?? God I didn't even know that. I always hated that coaster though. The design was flawed in the cars. Instead of how the new cars move up and back, on stealth they were upright and then layed you down. They also sucked at loading you, so the 2nd car would always be sitting in a dock for up to 10 mins sometime, while you are laying back and somewhat upsidedown, and all the blood would start rushing to your head. Also the straps that they used were not plastic, but a cloth material that always felt unstable. In the 5 times I rode this, I always thought I was going to fall out. So does anyone know why they moved it?? Is there anything new in it's place?
    I don't know. Honestly it seems like Paramount wants thier NorCal park to die since it really stands no chance competeing with the parks to its south. But that is just me talking.
    I agree with them sucking at loading...but also when I saw it it broke down, so for about 30 minutes people were upside down coming into the station.
    Its not so much the "new" cars move up as it is B&M's version of the flyer they move up. All the Vekomas tip back.
    But having tried one of each B&M's flyers kick Vekoma's. But still, they both rock when you come out of a dive and then drop into a vertical loop. Nothing beats that feeling.

We went the weekend before it opened. We also have play passes so hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can get down there to ride. Thanks for the report it makes me want to go that much more.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    So does anyone know why they moved it?? Is there anything new in it's place?
    It's actually a waterpark called Boomerang Bay. It's included with park admission.

When we went last year it looked pretty cool. Unfortunately it wasn't warm enough to even attempt to ride anything.

Here are a few pics I took of it:

In this one you can see the location of it from the Sky Tower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast