Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Needed

You know, call me a coaster-only-person-who-hates-getting-wet but a water park replacing a 2 year old coaster doesn't cut it for me. :

And on the buisness end how is a two year run enough payback time on a coaster?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Needed

ALOT of parks are seeing the benefit of Waterparks. I mean ... SFMM opened a brand spanking new coaster last weekend.

We are Coaster Enthusiasts but we opted to go to Hurricane Harbor last weekend and still haven't been on Tatsu.

Of course it was Mothers Day so it was the woman's choice ... but still.

• Banned User

SFOG has a mini water park built into it's park.. it is profitable.. that and al the paramount parks were getting a water park added...

(Paramount Kings Dominion's waterpark killed part of the lake..)

I rode X-Flight umm 20 or so times, walk on all the time the day we went, awesome day at geagua lake, i like that place, its really good!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    SFOG has a mini water park built into it's park.. it is profitable.. that and al the paramount parks were getting a water park added...
    How is Skull Island "profitable" if it is free with admission?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Here is BORG:

Here is X-Flight:

They look pretty similar to me.
    Acutally, reading my rollercoaster bible yesterday (or a copy at B&N, mine is at home) it turns out that X-Flight and Batwing at SF America (the two post prototype Vekomas) have heartline spins instead of corkscrews at the end and the trains tip back going up the lift hill instead of in the station like Stealth (which was Stealth's original plan).

• The Candidate

I won tickets to ride before the park opens on Friday. I can bring three friends, so if anybody wants to join me send me a PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Friday is also the 2nd of 4 XTREME passholder days ... so you won't be alone.

We were going to go but decided to spend Thursday and Friday at Disney. Still haven't been on the ride ... maybe some time this weekend.

Lol I how close are all these parks to you? /\

• The Candidate

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    I won tickets to ride before the park opens on Friday.
    Parking was supposed to be free for the event, so I was surprised to find a line at the parking shacks when I arrived at 7 AM. The light was green in my line, but the bar was still down. Eventually, someone just went through the emergency lane on the left and everybody else followed.

This lack of directing continued at the entry plaza. There were about 100 people milling about, but no Six Flags or NBC employees. Even the security booths were unmanned. At about 7:25 we saw some employees on the other side of the fence. The exchange went something like this:

"When are they going to let us in?"

"The park opens at 10."

"What about the NBC event?"

"Nobody told me anything about any events." He then walked further into the park so that he could mill about without anybody else bothering him. So much for Six Flags doing a better job at customer service.

Right after that someone showed up from NBC and started to distribute the tickets. At 7:30 Six Flags security showed up for work and made everybody leave the plaza to go through the metal detectors. As far as I could tell, they didn't sweep the plaza after everyone left, so someone could have left a banned item in the plaza for retrieval later. That security sure makes me feel safe.

Entering the turnstile, I notice that the unhelpful employees from before is a ticket taker. I would assume that he isn't usually scheduled to work before he needs to do his job, so why would he have been there before 7:30 if he wasn't going to start taking tickets till 10:00. Maybe he wasn't being lazy before, but was purposely being rude?

I was on the first car out and must say that it was a unique experience. The view from the lift hill was amazing, but I couldn't help but wonder how would they evacuate you in case of a breakdown as there was no permanent platform underneath you. I noticed on subsequent rides that there is a track, so I guess they would move something up to you, but you are very high up. I would assume that this would be a very frightening experience.

With the exception of the pretzel loop, the elements were very much like Batman, but the whole time you have that view! The pretzel loop was amazing. It was like they took the spiral out of Goliath and turned it into a loop. The force was incredible.

I had thought that they were going to take more advantage of the terrain, like Ninja, but most of the time you are pretty high up. I think that the only time that you get close to the ground is at the bottle of the pretzel loop when you are on your back. Even the brake runs are very high up.

While waiting to disembark, the flying position was very uncomfortable. I wouldn't really want to get stuck up there for any extended amount of time.

I rode three times before I had to leave for work and really enjoyed my walk out of the empty park. I've never noticed how nice the pathway past Viper is. The exit gate wasn't open yet, so I had to ask for directions out and the supervisor insisted that I have my hand stamped in case I wanted to return. That was a nice touch. Maybe there is hope for the park.

• Circle of Ancients

^ There is a movable platform that will evacuate you if you get stuck on the lift hill.

^It is a silver platform at the bottom of the lift hill, and is visible after you go from facing down to parallel to the hillside. As far as the lack of communication for the event: There is no excuse for the lack of communication for the event. We have been hosting special events for the past few weeks now, and every department has been recieving drastic changes weekly, if not daily. And I mean every department. Because of all these changes, the lack of communication throughout each department has become much more prevalent becasue one person heard one thing and another person heard something else. So don't be suprised if employees seem frazzled for the next few months while we sort things out. (Although there is no excuse for an employee to act like the way they one you described did.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the ride!

Re: 5/13 Six Flags Trip Report - Tatsu Praise - Sky Tower reopens - Line Trashcans Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    While waiting to disembark, the flying position was very uncomfortable. I wouldn't really want to get stuck up there for any extended amount of time.
    That's odd, I find B&M flyers to be comfy. Try getting stuck on a Vekoma Flying Dutchman to feel uncomfortable.

• Deamon the Mighty Drake!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I don't know if this was mentioned or if anyone cares:

Eastern dragons usually have no wings to fly. And Western dragons usually have wings to fly. But if Six Flags want to say its a hybrid of the Eastern and Western dragons... I guess they can get away with that.
    Eastern dragon is commonly a symbol for good luck. As for western, you have wyvern, wyrms, etc. Several different types, LOL.

(yes, someone did care)

• Deamon the Mighty Drake!

Wow. B&Ms run multiple trains so easily that there is no excuse to not have more than 1 going at a time.
    Though if Batman is like SFoG's it is skippable...

Yeah, not a winning coaster right there...but it looks so friggin cool!

Great report!
    I think the issue with running one train is related to union workers, and budget . Which I don't see a problem is Ralph had a promotion recently:

(I was removing TV screens from the store this week and asked if I can have one)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123