Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Six Flags seeks buyers for Magic Mountain

It could be SFMM, but I haven't heard reports of him making a 2nd visit to the park.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot

I mean at least cover up the spot where somebody died.
    Oh nice. I agree, but then again don't build a ride on a slab of pavement and then not change the pavement either.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Oh nice. I agree, but then again don't build a ride on a slab of pavement and then not change the pavement either.
    But that's part of the theme: "We built this ride over a slab of pavement."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Monorail Racer

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert
    From the 07/07/06 L.A. Times article: "In the middle of a second tour of company parks, this time during the busy season, Shapiro said he had witnessed unfriendly, slow-moving seasonal employees, poor maintenance and popular rides with a single train running at a time."

Kind of sounds like SFMM, or is it?
    Actually, it sounds like A LOT of SF parks. It really could be almost any of them. It's one of the biggest problems. Last year, I went to SFOG a bunch of times and Superman was ALWAYS running one train with at least 60-90 minute waits. The B&M Flyers are built with dual loading stations, but I've never seen SFOG even run the second train, much less use the second loading station. There's no reason there needs to be such a long wait for that ride. Now, when it comes down to picking if I want to go to some place like Hershey Park or Busch Gardens, with a fun family atmosphere, lines that are reasonably short much of the time, etc. or Six Flags, where there will be one train ops on most of the coasters (45 minute waits and more) and half the shops or restaurants are closed, employees are bored and line cutting is rampant...well, which park would you prefer to visit?
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Actually the only one of the "Supermans" that has the Dual Loading stations is SFOG's model.

SFGADV and SFGADM's models don't have dual stations for some odd (and stupid reason).

• Monorail Racer

Really? I hadn't been to the others, so I wasn't aware of that. I guess it doesn't matter much since SFOG hasn't made use of it very often at all. It would require some additional staffing and that doesn't seem to be one of the Six Flags strong points. Obviously, the throughput of the B&M Flyers would be much higher with two trains running, and especially so if they could utilze the dual stations. Maybe Shapiro ought to meet with a few of us.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Ah actually...while I agree SFoG is not hte best run park...they have run two stations and 3 trains on Superman. I saw it! We were actually next in line and it took just over a half hour to get the 3rd train out...but they did! This was after Shapiro's "run all trains" rule that came along in December.

I have photos! http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25170

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678