Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Knight of Naughtyness

Re: Six Flags dumps Marine World

I think of the old Marine World every time I am at the Oracle campus in Redwood Shores.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Grumpy old man

Official announcement was made yesterday by the CEO of Six Flags.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_5036947

I'm glad they are spending $16 million on upgrades. I still don't understand why the paper keeps mentioning that Six Flags isn't planning to sell it, it even says right before that the park is partly owned by the city. I'll still probably call it Marine World.

I don't like the fact the logo contains the Golden Gate bridge. Awhile ago they were advertising on the Six Flags website that the park was located in San Francisco, when Vallejo is at least 30 miles away and it upset many Vallejoians.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think what they are doing around hte entrance area looks nice. Now can they continue that around the park is the question...but this far the logo & such as good starts.

Heres to SF taking this park in a good direction.

• Banned User

see what happens when you have a great base and get money...

now if only they would finish cleaning magic mountain as well...

oh, did you say 30 miles?? thats not bad.. more people know the bridge and san fran outside of california though... at least i did.

they want to attract people so they choose the better logo.. even when it's not telling a full truth.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    see what happens when you have a great base and get money...

now if only they would finish cleaning magic mountain as well...

oh, did you say 30 miles?? thats not bad.. more people know the bridge and san fran outside of california though... at least i did.

they want to attract people so they choose the better logo.. even when it's not telling a full truth.
    Yeah, it just irritates us locals to be shunned in favor of SF constantly. Plus if someone were coming to SF to see something and the tourist stuff, they wouldn't even come near us.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post
    Yeah, it just irritates us locals to be shunned in favor of SF constantly. Plus if someone were coming to SF to see something and the tourist stuff, they wouldn't even come near us.

OT, but not totally...

With all of this hoopla that Oakland is screaming about with the design of "their" side of the Bay Bridge, why don't they ever complain about the Channel 2 news cast??? It starts out by showing fly-overs of the SF skyline and both bridges. Where's Oakland??? Also, news stories start with SF, then they cover the news in Oakland.

For those of you that are out of the area, Ch 2 is located in Oakland, not SF, but you couldn't tell by their opening sequence...

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    OT, but not totally...

With all of this hoopla that Oakland is screaming about with the design of "their" side of the Bay Bridge, why don't they ever complain about the Channel 2 news cast??? It starts out by showing fly-overs of the SF skyline and both bridges. Where's Oakland??? Also, news stories start with SF, then they cover the news in Oakland.

For those of you that are out of the area, Ch 2 is located in Oakland, not SF, but you couldn't tell by their opening sequence...
    It's the fate of the Bay Area to have to bow to SF even though a majority of are good large cities are away from it.

Oakland usually doesn't portray the best image for a news station anyway

• Time Traveler

One is Zonga that went up for a year, barely was running, then they finally disassemmbled it and left the parts in the parking lot. Dunno what the other is, maybe parts to Vertical Velocity which the city made them change.
    The other one is the old "Tidal Wave" from Great America. What happened to Zonga anyways?
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post
    It's the fate of the Bay Area to have to bow to SF even though a majority of are good large cities are away from it.

Oakland usually doesn't portray the best image for a news station anyway

Very true, but if channel 2 wants to play like a SF news station, they should move there. It is an insult to Oakland to conduct business that way, but I guess that since Dennis R. is the talking head for them, not too many of the residents will complain...

If I set up a business in Vallejo but called it SF Churro Company, I don't think too many residents of Vallejo would step foot in the place.

And rightfully so.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
    The other one is the old "Tidal Wave" from Great America. What happened to Zonga anyways?
    zonga was sold i believe...

• xmanmom

I don't know, the new name Discovery Kingdom feels like they are ripping off Disney. Just my feeling on the matter.

I remember when the full name used to be Marine World Africa U.S.A. That was a looooong time ago. I haven't been in six years and only went because I got free passes.

• Time Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    zonga was sold i believe...
    I'm wondering why though. It was only there for a year I belive.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

I helped open the park in Vallejo and of course I could tell you of a lot of stories and dirt. I'll take the high road and wish the park luck. After 6 years in the Show Production of the park in the pre-corporate days, I'm sure nothing changed in the budgets. Instead of using in park talent, they always opt to spend too much money outside the park. This is hard to justify to accountants since most departments (food, merchandise, games, ect.) all make money. Shows just spend money. So why do the major shows I work with make money? SIMPLY..... PROPER MANAGEMENT. Provide entertainment for ALL ages, and make it good enough to see over and over. I wonder if this time they'll figure that out? Again, good luck!
    Last edited by ASSTCHIEFENG; 01-24-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typo

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Very true, but if channel 2 wants to play like a SF news station, they should move there. It is an insult to Oakland to conduct business that way, but I guess that since Dennis R. is the talking head for them, not too many of the residents will complain...

If I set up a business in Vallejo but called it SF Churro Company, I don't think too many residents of Vallejo would step foot in the place.

And rightfully so.
    I love channel 2 news! lol I think its the best one in the bay area

Im glad there putting effort in to the park i havent been there in 10 years this give me a good reason to go see it now considering its about 40-45 mins from Danville.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/discoverykingdom/

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/discov...des/index.html

For those interested, here are two link to the new website for the park. The first is the main page. the second shows the highlights of the new land, sea and sky theme.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast