Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Six Flags Marine World?

Is it worth it to go?

I'm going on vacation to San Francisco for Spring Break and I'll be there 3/25 to 3/29. I'm staying at Fishermans Wharf. Would it be worth it to make a trip to Marine World? I'm not even sure what it is really and I don't know how far it is from Fishermans Wharf.

• Banned User

Re: Six Flags Marine World?

I go there every summer. It gets boring after a while. I only stay for atleast 3-4 hours. But their coasters are out of this world!

I recommend doing better things. Like a trip on Alcatraz.

• Directly directed

From fisherman's wharf it's about 40-45 minutes depending on traffic and how fast you drive. And it depends what you like to do at theme parks if it would be worth it to go. There's less and less animals every year and I don't think you can ride the elephants anymore, and it depends on what kind of rides you like as to whether or not it would entertain you. I personally think it's gone downhill and I'd say no, but I remember what it used to be like and if you've never been it might be worth it. If you choose not to go there's TONS to do in SF. It's my second home and I'd recommend places for you to go.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Why not check out the website for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom?

If Six Flags is your cup of tea, and maybe if you have a Six Flags Season Pass, you might as well. You won't know if it is actually worthwhile until you go.

• Banned User

There's also Paramount's Great America. I don't think it's as good as it was back in the day though when it was Marriot's Great America.

• Directly directed

Great America is awesome! but it's quite a bit further away than Marine World.

• Banned User

I looked at the website and decided against it. It's only open like three days a month and it's too out of our way since we're not renting a car.

• A Pirate's life for me!

You can add some excitement to your day at the "new" Discovery Kingdom by taking the ferry there from the Wharf.

But as mentioned, (and sad to say) unless you already have a Six Flags AP, it probably wouldn't be worth the money. Plenty of other fun things to do in the city.

Be sure and check out the world famous "Bush-Man". He hangs out near the fishing boats and does his "act" there for most of the day. He kneels down behind a few broken off tree branches (usually next to a garbage can) and when folks walk up towards him, he jumps out and scares them. It's hilarious!

While watching him do his thing a few weeks ago, after scaring this older asian couple, the wife whacked him over the head with her purse and shouted at him in her foreign language. She was pissed! The entire crowd that was watching busted out laughing. I wish I had it on video!

Have a great trip!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    You can add some excitement to your day at the "new" Discovery Kingdom by taking the ferry there from the Wharf.

But as mentioned, (and sad to say) unless you already have a Six Flags AP, it probably wouldn't be worth the money. Plenty of other fun things to do in the city.

Be sure and check out the world famous "Bush-Man". He hangs out near the fishing boats and does his "act" there for most of the day. He kneels down behind a few broken off tree branches (usually next to a garbage can) and when folks walk up towards him, he jumps out and scares them. It's hilarious!

While watching him do his thing a few weeks ago, after scaring this older asian couple, the wife whacked him over the head with her purse and shouted at him in her foreign language. She was pissed! The entire crowd that was watching busted out laughing. I wish I had it on video!

Have a great trip!
    Thanks buddy. I've heard of the bush man and I will definetely check him out.

• Directly directed

Scoma's on Pier 47 is run by the retired mob. And they have good Italian food.

•   
    • Minion

There is pleanty of things to do in SF... I do not know if Marine World would be worth the extra trip, but the ride on the Vallejo BayLink is a lot of fun... And is an inexpensive option for a bay cruse... You could connect on the Napa Valley Transit and head up to the wineries - it runs all the way to Calistoga where you can get a mud bath if that is your fancy and taste wine down town... Or head out to the Marine World/Discovery Kingdom... I don't think you could go wrong either way... (I believe they will be running the can of coke promotion at that time...)

Still there is plenty to do in the city... Peir 39, Union Square, Nob Hill (Tonga Room), take the vintage J trolley to the Ferry Building/Justin Hermin Plaza (passes Theatro Zinzani, the Fog City Diner, Taylor's Automatic Refresher, and a package of great restarants which look out to they Bay Bridge - impressive sight at night), Palace of Legion of Honor (for it's Rodin collection, largest in North America, and one of the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge) - Oh, and there is much to do at the Yerba Buena Center too... I was over there the other day, a great place to catch a movie, ride a carosel, see SFMOMA - which is running an exhibit on Picaso. Oh and Chinatown is quite a trip when you pass through it... Lots to do...

Warning: The Cable Cars have gotten a bit pricey for groups of people (Families)...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Why not check out the website for Six Flags Discovery Kingdom?

If Six Flags is your cup of tea, and maybe if you have a Six Flags Season Pass, you might as well. You won't know if it is actually worthwhile until you go.
    They already changed the name? I'm glad i have a park guide map that still says Sig Flags Marine World.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    They already changed the name? I'm glad i have a park guide map that still says Sig Flags Marine World.
    The name only changed just recently, so the 2007 maps should be the first to read "Six Flags Discovery Kingdom". I've got a few items lying around that read "Marine World Africa USA".

• Banned User

We both have piece's of history right here!

• Princess at heart

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    You could connect on the Napa Valley Transit and head up to the wineries - it runs all the way to Calistoga where you can get a mud bath if that is your fancy and taste wine down town...
    This is a great idea except that she's underage for the wine tasting

You also might want to check out the Exploratorium...it's at the Palace of Fine Arts (like at DCA but BIGGER, yay!) which gives you some great photo opps. It's a kinda hands on museum of science and technology...some very interesting stuff in there.
    ~ Tami

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast