Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Are the other Six Flags as bad as LA?

Question: Do people who have been to other Six Flags parks across the US of A...are the other parks as trashed and poorly themed as the LA version?

• e komo mai

Great America is pretty bad. Wait, I'm not sure, are they 6 flags? I don't know...

• off in lala land

SF Marine World was nice when it had first opened as Six Flags Marine World, however, in recent years the "quality of people" has deteriorated and service levels of the employees there have been less than stellar.

We just don't go there anymore.
    ...it's been a long time.

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Great America is pretty bad. Wait, I'm not sure, are they 6 flags? I don't know...
    Silly GC , Great America is Paramount's Great America.

But yes, you are right, it's pretty bad as well.

• Colorado Bound?

I went to Marine World a couple days ago. The clientelle are mostly teens. The park was looking okay. Not great but clean. The kiddie area needs a lot of help though.

And they must have taken a page from DL's book of food services. Most places were closed and those that were open were waay understaffed.

But a season pass is only $59!!

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad
    I went to Marine World a couple days ago. The clientelle are mostly teens. The park was looking okay. Not great but clean. The kiddie area needs a lot of help though.

And they must have taken a page from DL's book of food services. Most places were closed and those that were open were waay understaffed.

But a season pass is only $59!!

Marine Worlds food has always sucked. We always ate off property not to mention the fact they don't allow straws in the park and I can't drink soda without a straw! :o

• Brandys MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    Marine Worlds food has always sucked. We always ate off property not to mention the fact they don't allow straws in the park and I can't drink soda without a straw! :o
    Actually that's not quite accurate, they do allow straws, those funky crazy twisted ones that are harder for the animals to eat and that they can stiff you for another 30 cents or more (I haven't bought one this season yet) but I always carry regular straws IN with me in my bag! As for the food sucking, no arguments there...they have had a few places that served decent meals but they never are consistant The park has a new GM as of just a few weeks and he's following the path of the former GM Joe Meck in turning the park around both in guest service and cleanliness....it was one of his first 'comments' at their "state of the park" meeting.

Yes I have insider information ... but I can't share that or I'd have to zap you with the eye thingy
    "Sometimes Miracles Hide"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey
    Silly GC , Great America is Paramount's Great America.

But yes, you are right, it's pretty bad as well.
    Actually, there are TWO Great America's... Paramount runs one in the San Jose area, and Six Flags operates another one in Gurnee, Illinois.

Of course, the only thing the really have in common are the name, and that they are both Amusement Parks.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/index.asp

http://www.pgathrills.com/
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

I stopped going to Magic Mountain about 4 years ago...that place is baaad.

• Circle of Ancients

I have been to the following SF parks:

Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Six Flags Marine World (Vallejo)
    Six Flags Over Texas (Dallas)
    Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio)
    Six Flags Astroworld (Houston)
    Six Flags Over Georgia (Atlanta)

I think that SFOT and SFOG are the top 2 Six Flags parks when you factor in everything: ride quality, operations quality, staff friendliness and clientelle. SFFT is certainly the most beautiful Six Flags park and rivals the Busch parks in terms of theming, but there aren't as many rides there.

Magic Mountain, IMO, is the worst of the Six Flags parks I have been to. Unfortunately it's the park I have been to most.

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I have only been to the one in New Jersey. it's OK.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Actually, there are TWO Great America's
    I should have clairified that. Since GC and I live in the Nor Cal area I was taking it for granted about Great America (Santa Clara) in our neck of the woods.

Total my bad TY DB.

• In Technicolor!

I've been to the Dallas and San Antonio SF parks. Both are pretty good - but light-years behind any Disney park. I'd give the San Antonio park the edge, though, because for one admission price, you get to use their water park (open seasonally) enclosed with the park.

• ...or just Tonny

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Actually, there are TWO Great America's... Paramount runs one in the San Jose area, and Six Flags operates another one in Gurnee, Illinois.

Of course, the only thing the really have in common are the name, and that they are both Amusement Parks.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/index.asp

http://www.pgathrills.com/
    Another thing they have in common is that they used to be owned by one and the same company, of which I forgot it's name ( Marriot or something? ), before being sold off to both giants.

Anyway, Six Flags is definitely not one of my favorite park chains. However, I think it's very unfair to judge them on theming. I know this is a Disney forum with many Disneyland fans, but seriously, not every amusement park has to be themed. Oh, and the new area around Kingda Ka @ Sux Flags Great Adventure, New Jersey, does look cool!

In my life I've visited 6 SF parks over the years, two in Europe ( which have now fortunately been sold off to someone else again, including my home park ), and 4 in the US. I hope SFMM will be my 7th, and I'm really looking forward to my visit. I'm not expecting a great park, but considering all the comments around here, I think that's being a bit harsh. But who knows, maybe in a month's time I'll be here saying sorry about what I just said

• Circle of Ancients

Yes, it was Marriot's Great America way back when.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast