• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Pandamonium at 6 Flags Georgia

" The crush of people forced Six Flags to close its doors just before 6 this morning, and that got tempers flaring even more."

Read all about it.
    http://wsbradio.com/news/040507sixflags.html

Free days have their price. Used to take the boy to the SF zoo on free day (1st Wed of the month) and there always seemed to be more strollers in the zoo than cars on the freeway driving there.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Jambo!

Re: Pandamonium at 6 Flags Georgia

Speaking as someone who deals with that particular rush hour traffic regularly, it was just a big mistake all the way around. Six Flags over Georgia was open just for this week for "Spring Break" because most of the local areas schools are out this week, combine that with the I-20/285 Interchange being one of the most congested and wreck filled areas of the Atlanta area on a good day, which Six Flags is only a handful of miles away from.

Not to mention it was Friday which for some reason makes everyone crazy around here and extremely reckless...

I can say Six Flags OG haven't had any real organization when it comes large crowds for a very long time, it was just wrongfully executed all the way around

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Speaking as someone who deals with that particular rush hour traffic regularly, it was just a big mistake all the way around. Six Flags over Georgia was open just for this week for "Spring Break" because most of the local areas schools are out this week, combine that with the I-20/285 Interchange being one of the most congested and wreck filled areas of the Atlanta area on a good day, which Six Flags is only a handful of miles away from.

Not to mention it was Friday which for some reason makes everyone crazy around here and extremely reckless...

I can say Six Flags OG haven't had any real organization when it comes large crowds for a very long time, it was just wrongfully executed all the way around
    Actually, it was yesterday, a Thursday.

While I do think Six Flags should have better planned for this, I do have my issues with the GDOT. The road system in and around Atlanta is horrible. Not long ago a convention at the Georgia World Congress Center (Imagine that, a convention at the convention center!) caused gridlock too. There is a section of Interstate 75 north of the city that is almost always a problem, irregardless of the time of day. Then there was that brilliant idea of merging two Interstates...

• Circle of Ancients

Plus, there isn't a whole lot of parking in that area for people to wait for the park to open.