Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

Angry Six Flags Magic Mountian Playing Disney Music???

My Last Trip to MM all day in Bugs Bunny World they were playing a radio Disney Jams CD, and The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement Soundtrack. It was kinda wrong, but funny. Then the Parade at night had the song "Celebration" and I was looking for the Block Party Bash to come around the corner. Still so funny. Tomorrow I go back for my Daughter's Birthday I will try too get some video or something to bring back if it still going on. I think the CD is copyrighted or false advertising, something. I know the Cd's are under ASCAP or BMI but not in a competitor Park. or there promoting Disney, for some reason. What next Mickey walking with Bugs.

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountian Playing Disney Music???

I hope they still play some awesome band arrangements of classic Joplin rags too. They even had The Nonpareil!

"Celebration" is not exactly Disney, and it doesn't sound like they were playing the Fantasmic theme or something, so I don't get what the big deal is. Now if Universal were playing something from a Disney movie, well...

• Closed Account

Magic Mountain having thing relating/belonging to Disney is not something new. Since Mark Shapiro, formerly of ESPN, has been CEO, Disney things have appeard all over the parks. Six Flags Kids, a store in Bugs Bunny World sells Disney merchandise from CARS, and there is a watertower store at the front of the park that sells only Disney merch. of the princesses and the Fab Five.

When the heads of SFMM Entertainment originally decided to use "Celebration" for all their parades in 2006, they had never even heard of BPB. As is turns out, they even used the same company to make/record the music...only a much cheaper version.

As for the music in BBW, the music heard in some areas of the park changed about 4 months ago. Some areas such as Baja Ridge and Samurai Summit have stayed the same. As for the copyrighting on those songs, I can assure you that the person who selected the music made sure that all the songs now used in the park were okay to use.

On Friday, they had a better mix. But still had the Radio Disney Jams CD, Its like someone went to Target got 3 cheap cds, and play them over and over. Its just still odd to me when they play the Radio Disney Jingle every two hours. Just no theme.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Sounds like they are changing 6F into the new NaraDreamland

Someone else has a thread questioning the, uh,
    Wiggles show in 4 of their parks. Evidently Disney
    only has the right to place the show on Disney TV,
    and not any rights to perform a Wiggles show in
    Disney parks.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Music from the movie Hook is played around the Neverland Pool at the DL Hotel. I heard it last weekend and thought "Hey, Hook wasn't a Disney movie!"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Heck, the theme song for the Year of a Million Dreams is from Universal's version of Peter Pan...

Before Jedi Training Academy, they used to have a DJ for kids during the day at Tomorrowland Terrace, and I heard both the Theme Song from Shrek (an Universal Property) and "We like to Party" by the Vengaboys, which is the Six Flags Theme song. Those songs always caught my attention when walking thru Tomorrowland.

IMHO, it is no big deal.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

I'm with Darkbeer ... what's the big deal? Not like they were playing "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" or something.

Something that is "Disney" and something from "Radio Disney" or the "Princess Diaries Soundtrack" are two TOTALLY seperate things.

As for the princesses being sold in Six Flags parks ... they are sold everywhere else, so why not there.

And last time I checked, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Star Wars or Indiana Jones were NOT Disney movies ...

I don't have a problem with, other movies like, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Star Wars or Indiana Jones, they are officially licenses to be at the Disney Parks. I saw Shriek, Disney, WB products being sold at MM, that fine, they have and got "HOPE" a license to sell different products. The Celebration song is a fun song used at many different parks and events. That's normal. Music used as singles are not a problem its more of the Radio Disney plugs at a Six Flags Parks.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'm with Darkbeer ... what's the big deal? Not like they were playing "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" or something.

Something that is "Disney" and something from "Radio Disney" or the "Princess Diaries Soundtrack" are two TOTALLY seperate things.

As for the princesses being sold in Six Flags parks ... they are sold everywhere else, so why not there.

And last time I checked, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Star Wars or Indiana Jones were NOT Disney movies ...
    Roger Rabbit is a Disney movie. Disney/Amlbin. Look it up.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Photoshop Falcon View Post
    I don't have a problem with, other movies like, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Star Wars or Indiana Jones, they are officially licenses to be at the Disney Parks. I saw Shriek, Disney, WB products being sold at MM, that fine, they have and got "HOPE" a license to sell different products. The Celebration song is a fun song used at many different parks and events. That's normal. Music used as singles are not a problem its more of the Radio Disney plugs at a Six Flags Parks.
    Obviously Six Flags is "Officially Licensed" to play Radio Disney in their parks, if not they'd be in trouble. IMO, if Six Flags wants to promote Radio Disney at their parks, better for Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Roger Rabbit is a Disney movie. Disney/Amlbin. Look it up.
    According to IMDB the production companies on Roger Rabbit were Amblin, Touchstone, Silver Screen Partners and an uncredited production company in Walt Disney Pictures.

It was DISTRUBUTED by Buena Vista Pictures.

Disney had a hand in it, but it's not a "Disney" movie.

Obviously Six Flags is "Officially Licensed" to play Radio Disney in their parks, if not they'd be in trouble. IMO, if Six Flags wants to promote Radio Disney at their parks, better for Disney.

According to IMDB the production companies on Roger Rabbit were Amblin, Touchstone, Silver Screen Partners and an uncredited production company in Walt Disney Pictures.

That just what I was getting at, it just goofy to be promoting another competitor. I have sent a email to Radio Disney and Disney Licensing to see what they say. If I get a response I will post it.

• Goofy

that is so ironic.

• Banned User

There is a difference between Six Flags playing When You Wish Upon A Star and music that Disney happened to license for their mediocre movies.

Yeah, when Magic Mountain opens I hear the same kind of music they play at Tomorrowland Terrace when I'm waiting in line for Nemo at 1AM. Bad show on Disney's part. Rihana and Avril Lavinge ain't Tomorrowland.

• Fastest Man Alive

And Touchstone is part of Disney. That's the connection.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast