Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

Even with that being said, even if they couldn't return the hat, it's still stupid to go into dangerous areas and risk your life for something that can be replaced.

• Goofy

Re: Guest decapitaed by Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia after hopping fenc

so tragic but stupid but my sympathy goes to his family.

• Crazy Furry

Ouch, well my sympathy goes out to the family. As for the kid, human being or not...I don't give sympathy to those who deliberatly break park rules and jump over two fences into restricted areas and try grabbing onto the legs of riders.

I know people have gone way over their heads, but this kid lost it.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Sock Puppet

I know what he did was stupid on his part but I don't like how many are saying they feel no sympathy. I feel that way too but I don't believe you should plainly state that. Comments like that are unnecessary.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by jl559 View Post
    I know what he did was stupid on his part but I don't like how many are saying they feel no sympathy. I feel that way too but I don't believe you should plainly state that. Comments like that are unnecessary.

Agreed. It kinda sounds very disrespectful.

• "I Break Things"

So... kid climbs fence and blatantly ignores singage, pays for it with his life, and we are suppose to feel sorry AND a corporate entity is supposed to reward the parents for said ignorance... sorry I find a lot of issue with this. I feel no sympathy for the kid. Climbing A fence that is clearly labeled is bad, climbing 2 is inexcusable. I feel some sympathy for the family, but that also depends on how strong they were as parents (some parents are more friends then anything else). I also feel horrible for those on the coaster that may have glimpsed what happened in the 2 or so seconds when the coaster clipped the kid.

Does this also mean the US Government should pay off the family members if someone climbs over a military fence in a sensitive area that says "trespassers will be shot on site. Shot to kill orders have been authorized on these premises." Seriously... the kid knew what he was doing when he did it... sorry he died... what do you want me to say sorry he's an idiot?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• The line's too long...

Thankfully the kid's extreme recklessness did not get anybody else on the ride injured. And hopefully Six Flags will not have to pay a dime to the kid's family.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I don't disagree, I feel really bad for the families loss, but stupid is as stupid does.

Would you feel sorry for me if you told me that if I stuck myself in the eye with a stick it would hurt and I disregarded you and did it anyway?

Too many people ignore reason, and we are supposed to feel sorry for them?! This was completely preventable, as already mentioned the young man learned his lesson too late. The rest of us can learn from his mistake. Don't jump over 6ft fences into restricted areas with heavy machinery.

I trust most of you already knew this.
    It depends if you lost vision because of your action. If you did, I would. If you didn't, both of us would soon forget about it. Human death, no matter what the cause, is no laughing matter, nor is it easy to pass off quickly. This is a person's life we're talking about. It's not like he broke his leg and will get healed. He's never coming back. I am quite certain he didn't think jumping over the fence would kill him. Trust me, if he did, he never would have done it. I never said that he shouldn't have jumped over the fence, and I even called his decision stupid. But, even though he did do something without thinking it through completely, he is deserving of as much respect as the next person. Life is valuable, and too often, unnamed people like him become the butts of cruel jokes, because people on the Internet just talk their heads off without thinking of the consequences.

Also, to clarify, I am not asking anyone to show sympathy to the kid or to feel sorry for him. I have no right to ask that of anyone. What I am asking people to do is show respect for him as a person.

Sonoma County, Ca. but born in Whittier, Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    So... kid climbs fence and blatantly ignores singage, pays for it with his life, and we are suppose to feel sorry AND a corporate entity is supposed to reward the parents for said ignorance... sorry I find a lot of issue with this. I feel no sympathy for the kid. Climbing A fence that is clearly labeled is bad, climbing 2 is inexcusable. I feel some sympathy for the family, but that also depends on how strong they were as parents (some parents are more friends then anything else). I also feel horrible for those on the coaster that may have glimpsed what happened in the 2 or so seconds when the coaster clipped the kid.

Does this also mean the US Government should pay off the family members if someone climbs over a military fence in a sensitive area that says "trespassers will be shot on site. Shot to kill orders have been authorized on these premises." Seriously... the kid knew what he was doing when he did it... sorry he died... what do you want me to say sorry he's an idiot?
    Amen. As a paramedic, a large portion of my injured patients are in my ambulance due to their own stupidity. Sorry to sound brutal, but it's the truth. I do my job and try to help them the best I can and get them to an emergency department in a timely fashion, but my sympathy only goes so far. This kind of thing is like the burglar or vandal who injures himself illegally entering your property and then expects to be compensated. Yeah, right.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Guest decapitaed on Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Over Georgia

Boy, there have been some harsh comments here.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I'm pretty upset with this friend of his also. You see, he may have been a good friend to the deceased, but in my opinion, real friends are better than good friends. They care about each other's safety. Rather, in this case, he seemed to have gone along with the victim rather than try to stop him. I don't get it. One life could have possibly been spared yesterday if this friend talked some sense into the deceased rather than just tag along!

• Off to Neverland

I am trying to imagine how he was decpitated though...I just can't envision THAT. Not that I'm trying to picture a decapitating person...what I mean is...I don't understand how that was the result...can someone explain that?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

From what I heard on the news, the cart hit the kid and caused him to slam into a steel rollercoaster beam and killed him instantly.

That may have been what decapitated him.

• Off to Neverland

I still don't understand it...I mean, I can see how he would get kicked and hard enough to be knocked out...but decapitated?!?!?!

• Circle of Ancients

^ It depends on where the kid was when he got hit. The maximum speed according to RollerCoaster Database (www.rcdb.com) is 50mph. But it's NOT just about the MPH. He was obviously struck at either the bottom of the drop, or the bottom of the loop or maybe even one of the corkscrews. My guess is the drop because anywhere else in the ride, and he would have had some kind of warning.

Although, the train makes lots of noise going up the hill. So he would have had some notice I think either way.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast